Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SparkyL View Post
    Normally I dislike when we get off-topic on these threads. This conversation should really be happening in the "Outrage over NYS" thread and/or the "Save YS" thread. But I feel the need for a rebutal.

SparkyL, my hats off to you. I expected that post to get hammered, not defended. Obviously, the guy was looking to refute a pro-Yankee post. He found a good one, but didn't know what he was doing. Thanks.

Comment

• Sounds like a good plan, voodoo, but those $5 tickets actually cost a lot more than $5 and they're not available.

Comment

• I know that. I was there 2 weeks and sat in the bleachers. Face value was $12.00, but I figured if Triple could get me 4 for $20 . . .

Comment

• [QUOTE=voodoochile;1585723]
          Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
          WHEN WILL PEOPLE REALIZE THAT NO MATTER HOW EXPENSIVE BASEBALL TICKETS ARE THESE DAYS, THEYRE STILL THE CHEAPEST TICKETS TO GET TO SEE A SPORTING EVENT???????????????

If you can't afforf a $5 bleacher ticket or a $25 grandstand ticket, how do you pay your rent and your bills? I don't get that.

No big mystery. I can't afford to go to games BECAUSE I have to pay the rent and my bills. But you may be able to help me. My friend and I and both our wives will be vacationing in Manhattan in a couple of weeks. Get me 4 tickets in the bleachers for the Aug 25 game against Texas and I'll send you $20.00, OK?
          Why would I get a stranger who doesn't even like me and called me a moron Yankee tickets?

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
            WHEN WILL PEOPLE REALIZE THAT NO MATTER HOW EXPENSIVE BASEBALL TICKETS ARE THESE DAYS, THEYRE STILL THE CHEAPEST TICKETS TO GET TO SEE A SPORTING EVENT???????????????

If you can't afforf a $5 bleacher ticket or a $25 grandstand ticket, how do you pay your rent and your bills? I don't get that.

I believe the cheapest Knicks tickets are $50, but who would wanna go see the Knicks anyway? I'm not going to a Knicks game until they get new owners who actually care about the team. Same thing with the Rangers. The cheapest tickets are probably $50.

Then, you go to Jersey to see either the Giants or the Jets. Wow, those tickets are REALLY expensive. If it's $80 to sit in the nosebleed section to see Metallica at Giants Stadium, it's gotta be $180 to sit in the nosebleed section for a Jets or a Giants game.

So you wanna complain about ticket prices? Go and try to get a $5 ticket to see the Giants or the Jets or the Knicks or the Rangers or the Nets or the Devils. I bet there's no way you will. But, you can get a $5 Yankee ticket, and I'm sure you can get a $5 Mets ticket too.

Football tickets are more expensive but the Jets and Giants play 8 home games. It costs me around $3,000 for 4 season tickets for Jet games. The yankee preices in particular are outrageous. Just 10 years ago I remember beaing able to get the best seats and they were about $45 and now those seats are $2500(sorry they reduced them top the bargain price of $1250). A decent seat at a Yankee game is $100, for 8 yankee games it would cost me $3200. The pricing is outrageous, i'm lucky I get alot of free tickets through work so I can go to alot of games but if I wasn't I wouldn't be going and wasting my money. Football games are a much better bargain than baseball games- at least jet games to yankee games.

Comment

• Originally posted by SparkyL View Post
              Normally I dislike when we get off-topic on these threads. This conversation should really be happening in the "Outrage over NYS" thread and/or the "Save YS" thread. But I feel the need for a rebutal.
              You're right, feelings and opinions would be better suited in an "Outrage" or "Save" thread, but as these were expressed in a thread dedicated to the reality of Yankee Stadium being demolished they were met with the reality that Yankee Stadium is being demolished and that the Stienbrenners, New York Yankees, and New York City do not operate in the realm of wishes, nor do they respond to hollow threats of boycotts.

Your "rebuttal" was simply more of the same.

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
              Obviously, the guy was looking to refute a pro-Yankee post.
              Obviously... because it was I who was defending your team while you threatened to boycott it for "not once" doing something to please you.

Again: winning record since 1993, billion dollar replica of beloved stadium, highest payroll in baseball, and, or have you forgotten, twenty six championships, six of which were won during the Stienbrenner era.

Last edited by JohnCropp; 08-07-2009, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
                Why would I get a stranger who doesn't even like me and called me a moron Yankee tickets?
                Because if you buy him Yankee tickets - better still, if you take him to a Yankee game and maybe even treat him to a Frankfurter and a beverage of his choice, he might not only see that you're not a Moron, but who knows... you might even make yourself a new friend.

Courtesy is contagious. Start an epedemic.
                X

Comment

• [QUOTE=jimmyjimjimz;1585831]
                  Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

Because you can.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnCropp View Post
                    You're right, feelings and opinions would be better suited in an "Outrage" or "Save" thread, but as these were expressed in a thread dedicated to the reality of Yankee Stadium being demolished they were met with the reality that Yankee Stadium is being demolished and that the Stienbrenners, New York Yankees, and New York City do not operate in the realm of wishes, nor do they respond to hollow threats of boycotts.

Your "rebuttal" was simply more of the same.

Obviously... because it was I who was defending your team while you threatened to boycott it for "not once" doing something to please you.

Again: winning record since 1993, billion dollar replica of beloved stadium, highest payroll in baseball, and, or have you forgotten, twenty six championships, six of which were won during the Stienbrenner era.

You're loosing your grip. Read it again with a clear head, and not one that's looking for anti-Yankee ammo. About 80% of that post was filled with sarcasm and meant to be humorous.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post
                      Look wha'hoppened to the latest entries at: http://www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com/

Who the duck are they kidding??

Guess we'll just have to rely on the sharpshooters of B-F to document this demolition..
                      Originally posted by JoeDOYS View Post
                      I guess ill introduce myself, im Joe...the guy who owns demolitionofyankeestadium.com

This morning we were contacted by the media department of wcbs880.com and told if their images werent taken down they would engage legal action on me. My host was also contacted and we were shut down for a few hours today. Of course we took them down.

We may be allowed to post their images on a limited basis as per my discussions with them today.

Whatever, ill be taking my own pictures once they start really wrecking shop. Im also looking into the legality of bringing my high powered electric remote control plane with a camera attached to fly over the demolition site. That soccer field looks like a nice airstrip for that.
                      Originally posted by Mygirljess View Post
                      Wow I guess they have their copyrights but that sounds like an infringement on freedom of speech!
                      Infringement on freedom of speech? What are you talking about? Let me explain something to you. WCBS 880 paid good money for that helicopter that they used to take those pictures. They also paid good money for the pilot and the photographer. How do they make that money back? They put the pictures on the web (on their web site, btw) where they can sell advertising and create revenue.

When someone steals those pictures (because, let's face it, right clicking on pictures that aren't yours is stealing) and posts them on their own site, all they are doing is creating an alternative option for people to view WCBS' content and simply taking revenue away from WCBS. Why wouldn't they protest?

Comment

• Joe's been fair with my photos so far.

As far as the brew ha ha over the WCBS photos, I don't like it either, but they're their photos, they have that right. Joe, to his credit, has acknowledged it and has said that he's attempting to work out a compromise.

And Monument, it was Mygirljess, not Joe, who alluded to WCBS' actions as "an infringement on freedom of speech."
                        X

Comment

• I understand the photos are their property, but it just seems kind of tough to see they threatened Joe with legal action for posting those already released photos on his demolition site. Supposed I post the link to those photos on BBF? Could I be sued for that? Probably could be.

Comment

• For the past 6 months i have credited EVERY single image i posted on my website.

Im not 'stealing' anything, i have never clamed any photo as mine. If WCBS doesnt want their pictures on my site fine, whatever...soon Yankee Stadium will be gone and nobody will care.
                            www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeDOYS View Post
                              For the past 6 months i have credited EVERY single image i posted on my website.

Im not 'stealing' anything, i have never clamed any photo as mine. If WCBS doesnt want their pictures on my site fine, whatever...soon Yankee Stadium will be gone and nobody will care.
                              Yeah who cares about that dump anyway, nothing interesting ever happened there

Comment

• Originally posted by Mygirljess View Post
                                Yeah who cares about that dump anyway, nothing interesting ever happened there
                                Does it really matter anymore?

There is currently a shroud around the building and by this time next year it will look like an empty field....

Ive gotten a bit sickened recently by what i had to deal with regarding the images of this buildings demise. I built the website to give the fans of yankee stadium a central place on the internet to view this historic buildings final days. Next thing i know im being threatened with lawsuits.....lol.

Yawn, time for bed.
                                www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X