Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by florida_yankee_fan View Post
    When are they suppose to transfer MP across to the new park anyway?I thought i remembered hearing it would be sometime this month,but I'm not sure.
    Yesterday (November 9) was the last day Monument Park was part of the tour, so it could be any time now.
    X

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
      I could have sworn you said you were going on the 1.00pm tour! If not you, somebody here at the Baseball Fever said they were going on the 1.00pm tour October 30th... right?

      I was also on the noon tour October 30th... and now that I've re-read your account (post #175 in this thread) with that in mind, I think I may have heard you ask why no videotaping was allowed.
      When I was asking about the dirt, I was pretty much alone with the tour guide pulling up the rear and the female "supervisor". When she flipped I don't think anybody else was really around. I'm pretty sure everybody else was in Monument Park, except for this big guy taking pictures of everything and constantly getting yelled at.

      Now that I think about it Gary, that may be you.

      Oh sweet, that would be too funny. The guy was stocky and had a beard I think and was taking pictures of everything and getting razzed by every tour guide there.

      Oh now I'm laughing my butt off.
      Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

      Comment


      • Gary, Are you in this picture?
        Attached Files
        cgcoyne2
        Jonathan E's number 1 fan
        Last edited by cgcoyne2; 11-10-2008, 04:19 PM.
        Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

        Comment


        • My shot behind home.
          Attached Files
          cgcoyne2
          Jonathan E's number 1 fan
          Last edited by cgcoyne2; 11-10-2008, 04:11 AM.
          Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

          Comment


          • Originally posted by cgcoyne2 View Post
            Gary, Are you in this picture?
            Wow . . . how did you guys get to tour the visitor's bullpen? What else did you get to see that's normally not on the tour?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SparkyL View Post
              Wow . . . how did you guys get to tour the visitor's bullpen? What else did you get to see that's normally not on the tour?
              I got yelled at!!!

              Oh, yeah. Thats normally on the tour. Forget I mentioned it.
              Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by cgcoyne2 View Post
                I'm pretty sure everybody else was in Monument Park, except for this big guy taking pictures of everything and constantly getting yelled at.

                Now that I think about it Gary, that may be you.

                Oh sweet, that would be too funny. The guy was stocky and had a beard I think and was taking pictures of everything and getting razzed by every tour guide there.

                Oh now I'm laughing my butt off.
                Yes, that was me. As far as the yelling and razzing... you know what they say about the great ones having to suffer for their art...
                X

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                  Yes, that was me. As far as the yelling and razzing... you know what they say about the great ones having to suffer for their art...
                  Just don't go van Gogh on us.
                  I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
                  - Walt Whitman

                  Comment


                  • Gary the troublemaker!!!!

                    You guys just don't know.

                    This guy (turns out it's Gary) was wandering around lost in his own world. He stops, takes a picture. Walks a little, stops, takes a picture. The tour guide at the back was constantly stopping and complaining to Gary. Gary's oblivious. He never even looked at the guide or said a word. I watched him do his thing and it almost seemed like he was deaf. I was laughing inside so much.

                    Then when we go into the Yankee dugout, one of the guides sets up at the end of the dugout and doesn't want anybody to go too far past the end of the dugout and there's Gary wandering past the dugout to the boxes used by video guys and photographers. The guide is complaining and talking about having to throw this guy out of the tour. All the while Gary is just shooting away. I swear I didn't hear him utter a syllable the whole tour, but the guides sure were complaining.

                    I SWEAR THIS IS ALL TRUE!!!!

                    When I did the tour in March we had two guides. One in front, one in back. On the 30th, there were like 4 or 5. It was a joke.

                    Gary, you're my hero.
                    Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by cgcoyne2 View Post
                      You guys just don't know.

                      This guy (turns out it's Gary) was wandering around lost in his own world. He stops, takes a picture. Walks a little, stops, takes a picture. The tour guide at the back was constantly stopping and complaining to Gary. Gary's oblivious. He never even looked at the guide or said a word. I watched him do his thing and it almost seemed like he was deaf. I was laughing inside so much.

                      Then when we go into the Yankee dugout, one of the guides sets up at the end of the dugout and doesn't want anybody to go too far past the end of the dugout and there's Gary wandering past the dugout to the boxes used by video guys and photographers. The guide is complaining and talking about having to throw this guy out of the tour. All the while Gary is just shooting away. I swear I didn't hear him utter a syllable the whole tour, but the guides sure were complaining.

                      I SWEAR THIS IS ALL TRUE!!!!

                      When I did the tour in March we had two guides. One in front, one in back. On the 30th, there were like 4 or 5. It was a joke.

                      Gary, you're my hero.
                      Don't be so damn selfish. Gary is everyone's hero.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                        Yes, that was me. As far as the yelling and razzing... you know what they say about the great ones having to suffer for their art...
                        so youre the guy with the hat and the beard? You look a lot like Fez from the Ron & Fez Show.

                        They used to be on WNEW here in NY, sometimes before Opie and Anthony, and sometimes after them. They were one of the many shows who supported Opie and Anthony after they got fired for Sex for Sam, so WNEW fired Ron & Fez, Scott Farrell, and everyone else who supported Opie and Anthony. WNEW recently changed their call letters to WGAY. After O&A came to XM, and after Ron & Fez's contract expired with WJFK, obviously in Washington DC, Opie and Anthony got Ron & Fez jobs with XM, which is where they are now.

                        Ron & Fez- Noon to 3

                        Comment


                        • Hey Gary, here are 2 of your pictures that I'm in. The first unbelievably is of me blocking your view into the Clubhouse. The second is of me shooting inside the concourse. Under my outer coat I'm wearing my 1939 wool Lou Gehrig jersey.
                          Attached Files
                          cgcoyne2
                          Jonathan E's number 1 fan
                          Last edited by cgcoyne2; 11-10-2008, 04:04 PM.
                          Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

                          Comment


                          • One other thing. I didn't even have to bring a camera. Gary got all the shots you could ever want. He was busy taking all the heat while I could've left with a ton of dirt in all my pockets. His shots are great and downloadable.

                            Thanks again Gary.
                            Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

                            Comment


                            • The individuals cgcoyne2 refers to as "guides" were security. They were wearing Securitas ski caps and jackets. The only "guiding" they did were to order people to move along, threaten to "remove" people, and, based on cgcoyne2's first-hand account in post #175, take out their bad moods on the paying customers.

                              As far as I was aware, there was just one tour guide... the man in front, wearing a Yankees jacket, who was actually leading us, talking about the stadium and its history.
                              X

                              Comment


                              • Do the Yankee stadium concourses look/feel like the inside of a prison to you? Especially with the black steel bars on the ramps.
                                Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, and rum. He will come.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X