No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess you haven't been reading along, Gordo. That site belongs to joeDOYS. Good going with the constructive criticism.
    Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

• And for whatever it's worth, I've given the site my "endorsement" by hooking Joe up (right here in this very thread, as a matter of fact) with some older demolition pictures of mine that he hadn't seen.
      X

Comment

• Originally posted by GordonGecko View Post
        Let me guess, that crappy site belongs to your brother in law
        Let me guess, you have some sort of mental issue. Must be computer time at the psych ward this morning...
        www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• It's a great site, keep it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeDOYS View Post
            Let me guess, you have some sort of mental issue. Must be computer time at the psych ward this morning...
            You're right, I must have a mental issue for wanting pictures one after the other instead of having to click each one all day in weird and incoherent groupings and then having the page jolt up and down when I have to close it. No wait, you have the mental issue, my bad. haha

Comment

You're right, I must have a mental issue for wanting pictures one after the other instead of having to click each one all day in weird and incoherent groupings and then having the page jolt up and down when I have to close it. No wait, you have the mental issue, my bad. haha
              Weird and incoherent groupings? They are grouped by date taken, im sorry if that confuses you.

Page jolting up and down? I have not seen that issue in either firefox or in IE....and nobody else has complained of that. That might be an issue on your end, not mine.

Comment

Weird and incoherent groupings? They are grouped by date taken, im sorry if that confuses you.

Page jolting up and down? I have not seen that issue in either firefox or in IE....and nobody else has complained of that. That might be an issue on your end, not mine.
                So I take it that's your site? Sorry for laying in like that I'm sure you put a lot of work into it. There's a lot of material there but my point is that it's not easy to view. Maybe I'm spoiled at baseball-fever because here all you need to do is scroll down the page to see every picture in full res. If I could suggest only one change it would be to have a "list" option to see all the pictures in full size at once instead of having to click each pic one by one. The grouping by date I can deal with, but not having to click each picture

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
                  did you see how they let Tiger Stadium rot? Would you like it if they did that to Old Yankee Stadium?
                  Why does it have to be one or the other? I'm sure there's a better use for Yankee Stadium than tearing it down.

Around the world they build Olympic stadiums for a 6 week event with full intention of them standing there forever as a testament to sport and an icon of a city. Yet some of the greatest sporting events in history took place at Yankee Stadium and they can't tear it down quick enough.

I'm sure they could make enough money just on tours of the Yankee's clubhouse to keep it running. It's a historical monument, and absolutely absurd to take it down. It's not just locally renowned but worldwide. I mentioned it to my mom, someone who I doubt has watched 3 innings of baseball in her life, has no attachment to NY at all and she was mind-blown that they would even consider it. That's the reaction I've seen from every single person when they first hear about it, baseball fans or not.

Let's just go tear down the Roman Coliseum. It's in decay, and not hosting events.
                  This is decadent. And I once went to Miami with Darryl Strawberry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anubis2051 View Post
                    This has to be my favorite one, it's both haunting and beautiful, love it!

Agreed. Something very eerie about that picture, just gets the mind going.
                    This is decadent. And I once went to Miami with Darryl Strawberry.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaoulDuke View Post
                      Why does it have to be one or the other? I'm sure there's a better use for Yankee Stadium than tearing it down.

Around the world they build Olympic stadiums for a 6 week event with full intention of them standing there forever as a testament to sport and an icon of a city. Yet some of the greatest sporting events in history took place at Yankee Stadium and they can't tear it down quick enough.

I'm sure they could make enough money just on tours of the Yankee's clubhouse to keep it running. It's a historical monument, and absolutely absurd to take it down. It's not just locally renowned but worldwide. I mentioned it to my mom, someone who I doubt has watched 3 innings of baseball in her life, has no attachment to NY at all and she was mind-blown that they would even consider it. That's the reaction I've seen from every single person when they first hear about it, baseball fans or not.

Let's just go tear down the Roman Coliseum. It's in decay, and not hosting events.
                      But it is also absurd to leave a full size building standing. It would cost more to maintain that building than they would make on tours in 20 years. I'm sorry, New York doesn't work that way. And comparing Yankee Stadium to the Roman Colosseum is also absurd, one is a modern ballpark and the other one a piece of world history. I am all for saving a piece of Yankee Stadium, but to leave 2 up is moronic. I mean, the Yankees already took a huge chunk of land from people of their own town. I'm sure they would like it back.

Comment

Please do not insult fellow posters like that. To offer valid criticism of a website is one thing. To respond in kind as you did is another.
                        Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                        Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                        Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                        Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                        Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

So I take it that's your site? Sorry for laying in like that I'm sure you put a lot of work into it. There's a lot of material there but my point is that it's not easy to view. Maybe I'm spoiled at baseball-fever because here all you need to do is scroll down the page to see every picture in full res. If I could suggest only one change it would be to have a "list" option to see all the pictures in full size at once instead of having to click each pic one by one. The grouping by date I can deal with, but not having to click each picture
                          The thumbnails serve a few purposes....

1. They preserve bandwidth.

2. They preserve space on the page. The 'frontpage' contains the last 7 entries posted with each entry usually containing an average of 10 images each. If those images were full-size the page would take a year to scroll down to the bottom. I personally hate that.

Maybe you didnt see this but you have a few options...

Above each gallery posted there are the following links:

[Show as slideshow]
                          [View with PicLens]

Those show the images in the gallery in 'bigger sizes', check em out.

Comment

• Originally posted by mets16 View Post
                            And comparing Yankee Stadium to the Roman Colosseum is also absurd, one is a modern ballpark and the other one a piece of world history.
                            The Roman Colosseum was once a modern facility...
                            X

Comment

• bread and circuses...

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                              The Roman Colosseum was once a modern facility...
                              and we should remember how rome ended up. when things are falling apart, distract the masses with circuses...
                              the turd in the punchbowl
                              reality really sucks.
                              enjoy the game more...

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul W View Post
                                and we should remember how rome ended up
                                Yes, Rome is one of the most desirable cities to live in on the planet

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X