• Show
Clear All

• also posted in the NYS construction thread

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

Comment

• from Peter Abrahams blog

Comment

• Originally posted by curb my enthusiasm View Post
        Do the Yankee stadium concourses look/feel like the inside of a prison to you? Especially with the black steel bars on the ramps.
        I didn't get that feel at all when I went to Yankee Stadium. I felt cramped but I never thought I was in prison.
        No one can make you
        Do what they want to
        You know you're stronger
        Than the lies
        That they tell you

Comment

• Originally posted by yankies4life View Post
          from Peter Abrahams blog

I was wondering if they were going to bring over the same numbers and related plaques or get new ones and sell the old ones . . .

. . . these were installed in 2001 when they renovated Monument Park and added the plexiglass wall. The originals were auctioned off on ebay - the Rizzuto pair (autographed) went for something like $4K. Ouch

Comment

• Originally posted by cgcoyne2 View Post
            I got yelled at!!!

Oh, yeah. Thats normally on the tour. Forget I mentioned it.
            I've taken the tour twice, 1997-98 offseason and this past Oct 29th - neither went into either bullpen. Nor has it ever been advertized as part of the tour.

I got yelled at too for lagging and taking too many pictures. They had security at each stop and they would radio ahead that the tour was moving on.

BTW - during the 97-98 tour we got to see them installing the new cushion seats, constructing the Legends Suites area and updating the clubhouse (including the frieze above the lockers).

Boy, do I wish that the mew Monument Park had a plexiglass wall like the one you see behind the worker. The glass could have been "one-way" like the sports bar above it, so it would look black to the hitter.
            Last edited by SparkyL; 11-10-2008, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• I wonder how much longer these images will grace yankees.com. Notice the updated frieze . . .

. . . it would also be nice to have some new wallpaper images - they haven't added anything since 2007.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by SparkyL View Post
                I've taken the tour twice, 1997-98 offseason and this past Oct 29th - neither went into either bullpen. Nor has it ever been advertized as part of the tour.
                The reason we entered Monument Park (MP) through the bullpen was because the retired number section was set up for foodservice as part of some special tour or event for Parks Department employees.

(Photo taken October 30, 2008. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here. Link to high-resolution 1536 x 2048 image: here.)

(Photo taken October 30, 2008. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here. Link to high-resolution 1536 x 2048 image: here.)

I also took the 3.00pm tour the same day, and by that time the Parks Department function had ended. The welcome message on the message board and the "PARKS" and "DEPT" teams on the scoreboard were gone, and the tour did visit the retired numbers section.
                X

Comment

• the updated frieze on the webpage is definitely interesting. i wonder if the Yankees will update all its frieze graphics on YES network to reflect the new stadium.

Comment

• Originally posted by donut726 View Post
                    the updated frieze on the webpage is definitely interesting. i wonder if the Yankees will update all its frieze graphics on YES network to reflect the new stadium.
                    I really hope so because some of the graphics they use look absolutely horrendous; there are a few that look nothing like the old or new frieze.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                      The reason we entered Monument Park (MP) through the bullpen was because the retired number section was set up for foodservice as part of some special tour or event for Parks Department employees.

I also took the 3.00pm tour the same day, and by that time the Parks Department function had ended. The welcome message on the message board and the "PARKS" and "DEPT" teams on the scoreboard were gone, and the tour did visit the retired numbers section.
                      You took two tours??!! I bet the security personnel were thrilled to see you again :cap: "You should have seen this guy on the morning tour! [email protected]! He kept holding up the group taking picture after picture and . . . what??!! It couldn't be him again!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by locke40 View Post
                        I really hope so because some of the graphics they use look absolutely horrendous; there are a few that look nothing like the old or new frieze.
                        the background they have for the studio is like, a combo between OYS, the original plans for the renovated YS, and YS.

Comment

• Originally posted by SparkyL View Post
                          You took two tours??!! I bet the security personnel were thrilled to see you again :cap: "You should have seen this guy on the morning tour! [email protected]! He kept holding up the group taking picture after picture and . . . what??!! It couldn't be him again!!"
                          Sparky,

I was there with Gary, I swear. And you couldn't be more correct about your comments!!!!

The best thing though is that Gary never said a word. Not one!!! Every security guy was giving him crap and he never even turned around. It was like he had the whole place to himself and took it all in on his own terms.

It was truly great. Now that I know it was Gary, it makes the tour spectacular for me. Screw Steingrabber!!!

Gary, again, you are my hero!!!:bowdown:

Oh yeah, great pictures too!!!:applaud:
                          Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

• when does it begin??

Does anyone with an inside scoop know when the dismantling begin??

Comment

• If I heard correctly from someone on the Yankee Stadium staff, he seems to think that if all is on schedule after the winter is over, they will start pulling seats then.

It will take a while, Steiner Sports is going to be pulling up the entire field and vaccuum freezing it, to then sell it in pristine condition. If they are willing to go to such extravagant lengths for the grass, I can only imagine what else lay ahead.

Richard

Comment

• Originally posted by RichardLillard1 View Post
                                If I heard correctly from someone on the Yankee Stadium staff, he seems to think that if all is on schedule after the winter is over, they will start pulling seats then.

It will take a while, Steiner Sports is going to be pulling up the entire field and vaccuum freezing it, to then sell it in pristine condition. If they are willing to go to such extravagant lengths for the grass, I can only imagine what else lay ahead.

Richard
                                I am gonna guess that the field is gonna end up in the NeimanMarcus 2009 Christmas Catalog, similar to how the Texas Stadium end zone is in this year's catalog.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X