Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by giantsean View Post
    unlike iconic ultra-capitalists from the 80's?
    Ha!

There is nothing to suggest the Fail thing is dying out anyway. Everyday there are more examples of it. New Fails come along all the time. Like New Yankee stadium.

Maybe a new meme is needed anyway. Like: Yankee fans owned?
    Fake Yankee stadium Fail!

Comment

• Maybe you could just grow up and put in some cogent arguments instead of babbling the same catch phrase over and over again.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RationalNYYfan View Post
        Maybe you could just grow up and put in some cogent arguments instead of babbling the same catch phrase over and over again.
        I've laid out plenty of them since I've been here.

Comment

Maybe you could just grow up and put in some cogent arguments instead of babbling the same catch phrase over and over again.
          Maybe you should simply ignore it regardless how many times it's written or if you agree or not and leave out the personal comments, everyone is entitled to talk topic, but not about other members much less insult them as you have.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsean View Post
            unlike iconic ultra-capitalists from the 80's?
            Well played But yes, the sequel is coming out soon...

Comment

• The dialogue may not be sailing a smooth course as some prefer, but it is consistent with "Yankee Stadium Demolition."
              It now appears to have wandered off course a few degrees with a heading for "New" Yankee Stadium Demolition territory. Full speed ahead!

Comment

• Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                The dialogue may not be sailing a smooth course as some prefer, but it is consistent with "Yankee Stadium Demolition."
                It now appears to have wandered off course a few degrees with a heading for "New" Yankee Stadium Demolition territory. Full speed ahead!
                What can be said about the demolition, as soon as Steiner sucks everything but the Oxygen out of the property he can it will be torn down and he make take 50 years digging a bottomless pit to grab every last bit of dirt he can sell. Until then it seems even photos from Cbs are not allowed to be shared like everyone has their hands out.

One thing for sure is the neighborhood waits forever to get back their park land and we paid for a ballpark so big that it's a community onto itself and will never fit on the land the real YS sits on so they will never ever get to move back when someday/someone plays the sentimentality card so we can build them another stadium.

Comment

• You mentioned that "dirt digging" escapade about Steiner a week or so ago, and at that time it put thoughts in my head about doing my own archeological excavating. If he can sell and ounce of "Hallowed Ground" for 50bucks, I'll give 'em a pound of it that will include chunks of the stadium walls.

My original theory, which would probably save the city and/or Yankees countless amounts of money, and aslo serve as a "thank you" gesture to the fans for their recent loyal support, would be to hold a "One Day Only" open house and let them go at it. They would strip it cleaner than a flock of buzzards on a sheep carcass.

Comment

You mentioned that "dirt digging" escapade about Steiner a week or so ago, and at that time it put thoughts in my head about doing my own archeological excavating. If he can sell and ounce of "Hallowed Ground" for 50bucks, I'll give 'em a pound of it that will include chunks of the stadium walls.

My original theory, which would probably save the city and/or Yankees countless amounts of money, and aslo serve as a "thank you" gesture to the fans for their recent loyal support, would be to hold a "One Day Only" open house and let them go at it. They would strip it cleaner than a flock of buzzards on a sheep carcass.
                    I wonder if the old bleacher underpinnings are still under ground. You might get some of that.

Comment

You mentioned that "dirt digging" escapade about Steiner a week or so ago, and at that time it put thoughts in my head about doing my own archeological excavating. If he can sell and ounce of "Hallowed Ground" for 50bucks, I'll give 'em a pound of it that will include chunks of the stadium walls.
                      This is why there is a shroud around the current YS, so Steiner can can sell every bit of gravel and dust around it when it's carefully chipped away at soon. This has become an archeological site in a lot of ways for Brandon Steiner who is no archeologist.

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                      How would that save the city money unless these people show up with demolition equipment that could bulldoze the stadium but likely kill themselves and others in the process if it compromised it's structural integrity? We saw your idea after the final game in 1973 and before that game the plaques of the monuments were removed and people were tearing out rows of seats.

The only thank you gesture is for the Yankees (and the city) to make more money in something presented as a guise that they are thanking us.

For myself anything short of everyone responsible for this disaster being thrown in jail immediately with the Yankees paying every penny for the steakhouse ballpark demolished entirely and the real stadium renovated entirely and opened for baseball with McCombs Dam Park restored with the Steinbrenner family forced to divest interest entirely (after they pay every penny for everything) is the only thank you gesture that works for me with the same thing done in Queens to Fredo and Jeff R Us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maxlugar View Post
                        Ha!

There is nothing to suggest the Fail thing is dying out anyway. Everyday there are more examples of it. New Fails come along all the time. Like New Yankee stadium.

Maybe a new meme is needed anyway. Like: Yankee fans owned?
                        Teams win, not ballparks. I wish the new Stadium had copied the original a little more closely, but it's okay, and they can always make changes to it.

If all it took was having a cool ballpark to win, then the Cubs would be celebrating another WS win this year.
                        27/40

Comment

• Originally posted by Kurosawa View Post
                          Teams win, not ballparks. I wish the new Stadium had copied the original a little more closely, but it's okay, and they can always make changes to it.

If all it took was having a cool ballpark to win, then the Cubs would be celebrating another WS win this year.
                          I'll probably take some heat for this opinion, and I've never actually been there, but to me Wrigley, at least on TV, doesn't look like anything special. It's old, but I don't see any destinctive features other than ivy on the outfield walls. Maybe this place does have something to do with them never winning. Ballparks don't win games, but they can contibute to the overall mood of a franchise. If I were a Cubs fan, I'd be looking for some kind of change to freshen things up.

Comment

Can you just imqgine the stampede? Crazed collector running around a shell of RYS with tools in hand? Fighting for every last scrap of anything?

They city would have to pay out more in lawsuits then they'd ever save with fans taking what they want. I am even afraid to think what the body count would be.

There is just no way to make a public give away work unless you drew from a hat, went in one at a time, and waited in line until someone else left...
                            20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_Street_2

Should be interesting considering the current economic situation!
                              I just might go to the movies again one day!
                              No one can make you
                              Do what they want to
                              You know you're stronger
                              Than the lies
                              That they tell you

Comment

• Originally posted by stadiumbuilder View Post
                                I'll probably take some heat for this opinion, and I've never actually been there, but to me Wrigley, at least on TV, doesn't look like anything special. It's old, but I don't see any destinctive features other than ivy on the outfield walls. Maybe this place does have something to do with them never winning. Ballparks don't win games, but they can contibute to the overall mood of a franchise. If I were a Cubs fan, I'd be looking for some kind of change to freshen things up.
                                The interior is really cool, the outside is meh...I think old Comiskey was actually the better looking park, especially on the exterior.
                                27/40

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X