Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
    This is a "Yankee Stadium Demolition" thread. We don't take requests . . . or orders. Especially orders.
    Ya just don't get it do you

Comment

• Originally posted by Celerino Sanchez View Post
      please stop showing these pictures
      No. ..........
      X
      What's THAT guy doing?
      - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• It hurts to see the ones you love hurt. That the idea, Celerino?
        Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
        Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
        Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
        Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
        Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob R View Post
          Fake RYS frieze fail!

Corky? Is that you?

Sing it: Life goes on...
          Fake Yankee stadium Fail!

Comment

• Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
            This is a "Yankee Stadium Demolition" thread. We don't take requests . . . or orders. Especially orders.
            I'll have a ham & cheese on rye
            Vintage Photos of Detroit Ballparks:
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/doctor_gogol/sets/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/

Comment

• http://www.wfan.com/pages/5143465.ph...=1336720#imgXR

Comment

• There goes the reno-frieze

Comment

• Betcha anything the Yankees will be selling that All-Star Game 2008 logo.

How come the interlocking NY logo is always different when it's associated with Adidas? Anybody else notice how it looks a little weirder?
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RationalNYYfan View Post
                    Betcha anything the Yankees will be selling that All-Star Game 2008 logo.

How come the interlocking NY logo is always different when it's associated with Adidas? Anybody else notice how it looks a little weirder?
                    Betcha they start selling off parts of that frieze as well as it that is what it looks from the pieces on the ground.

Amazing, the Mets just sold off just what MeiGrey deemed sellable and nothing else (including the retired number signs, banner signs and the old banners themselves, all of which were redone for Citi Field, with the banner signs being done twice!), kept only two distinguishing features of Shea, the apple and the scoreboard skyline, everything else met its demise along with Shea. Here it seems everything is going to be sold off.
                    NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
                    Mets360 Mets Past, Present and Future
                    Talking Mets Baseball. A baseball blog with a Mets bias

Comment

• Can't wait to buy some frieze pieces
                      sigpic

Comment

• I would think that they would sell the frieze in its naturally sections and not hand-sized pieces...but who knows

'frieze's pieces'
                        sigpic

Comment

• WoW. The picture with the frieze on the ground looks similiar to when we had pictures of the new frieze on the ground in the new stadium.

Comment

• I spoke to the blood suckers at Steiner this morning regarding the frieze. it seems that no final decision has been made but they expect to have multiple "price points" for the frieze including smaller less expensive pieces.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
                              It hurts to see the ones you love hurt. That the idea, Celerino?
                              Exactly......

Comment

• Wow, this hits home the most. When I went to my first ever game at Yankee Stadium, the first thing that struck me was the freize crowning the top of the scoreboard. I had gone to my first ever ballgame at Shea, and I remembered the massive, yet plain scoreboard with the skyline on top. Even as a little kid, I thought it looked tacky and I wasn't impressed. When I first walked into the bowl at Yankee Stadium, the first thing that caught my eye was that white frieze. As I sat in my seat during the game, I kept getting destracted by the scalloping, gentle arches the frieze made as it spanned the outfield.

Goodbye old friend.
                                sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X