Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RichardLillard1 View Post
    If I heard correctly from someone on the Yankee Stadium staff, he seems to think that if all is on schedule after the winter is over, they will start pulling seats then.

It will take a while, Steiner Sports is going to be pulling up the entire field and vaccuum freezing it, to then sell it in pristine condition. If they are willing to go to such extravagant lengths for the grass, I can only imagine what else lay ahead.

Richard
    I guess that means even the Oxygen around YS will be for sale if Steiner is involved. There may be a memorabilia surcharge just to get off the subway there soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by WEB View Post
      I guess that means even the Oxygen around YS will be for sale if Steiner is involved. There may be a memorabilia surcharge just to get off the subway there soon.
      I'm surprised Steiner doesn't buy the apartment buildings on Gerard Avenue and try to sell them! Remember, these are the actual buildings that the greats were aiming for when they were at the plate - the very structures gazed upon by such greats as Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, Mantle, Clarke , and many, many more.

This is real history, son!
      X

Comment

• Yankee Stadium tours are now scheduled to continue until Sunday, November 23.

link

As of time and date of posting, tickets for the new dates are not yet available through the Yankees' website, I'm presuming they haven't been put up for sale yet.
        X

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
          Yankee Stadium tours are now scheduled to continue until Sunday, November 23.

link

As of time and date of posting, tickets for the new dates are not yet available through the Yankees' website, I'm presuming they haven't been put up for sale yet.
          They are right now !
          Yankee Stadium Tours will continue until November 23rd, 2008.
          For further updates, please keep checking the website daily.
          Reminder: Tour start times vary, time printed on ticket is the time of your tour.

Comment

• Originally posted by mandrake View Post
            They are right now !
            Yankee Stadium Tours will continue until November 23rd, 2008.
            For further updates, please keep checking the website daily.
            Reminder: Tour start times vary, time printed on ticket is the time of your tour.
            I just got my ticket for the noon tour on Nov. 23rd, 3rd time I'll be doing the tour this year...wonder if this will be the absolute last tour date. I hope they let us walk around the entire warning track or add something else to make up for monument park being gone
            Last edited by Mattingly85MVP; 11-12-2008, 11:12 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Took a tour Sunday, my 3-y/o son ran onto the grass and got yelled at by Security (Miss America). But not before I was able to get a pic.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by tdinan; 11-12-2008, 06:35 PM. Reason: pics uploaded

Comment

• Originally posted by tdinan View Post
                Took a tour Sunday, my 3-y/o son ran onto the grass and got yelled at by Security (Miss America). But not before I was able to get a pic.
                Oh NOES!!!! Your 3 year old son RUINED the hallowed Yankee outfield (thats being demolished in a few months of course)

Good for your son! How dare they yell at the little guy

Seriously, what does it matter ... Look at the "field" at Shea and you will see exactly what that precious lawn is going to look like in a few short months ... why can't they just let the fans enjoy it??

EDIT: If it were up to me, when the weather got warmer, before the old girl gets knocked down, I'd let every Little League in the 5 boroughs schedule a weekend day, or weekday (during spring recess) there and let them play on the field ... Imagine how AMAZING that would be for so many children ... the leagues .. and their parents too ... What a waste!
                Last edited by NunuMet; 11-12-2008, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• It's amazing. The stadium looks like it's ready for opening day.
                  Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, and rum. He will come.

Comment

• Pictures of Ruth's Monument being boxed and moved are all over the NY Times tonight all with all the monument park plaques gone.

Comment

• I went back today and took two tours, the 1.00pm and 2.00pm tours.

The monuments and retired numbers are down and gone. During the 1.00pm tour the Mickey Mantle monument was on the warning track encased in what looked like plastic wrap, and while our group was in the Press Box workers put boards around it to prepare it for transport. I believe at the same time the 9/11 monument was being removed from its location, but I couldn't get any clear pictures of it so I can only presume.

During the 2.00pm tour, the 9/11 monument was near the part of the left field wall that opens up when a relief pitcher comes in from the bullpen.

We took an elevator from the loge level (where the Press Box is) down to the clubhouse, and after that we went into the dugout, then on the field.

On-field access was limited to the area in front of the Yankees' dugout. You'd think with MP no longer available they could have at least extended the field access to the area between both dugouts.

During the 1.00pm tour a few people took dirt, but "security" made them put it back.
                      X

Comment

• from nytimes.com

Comment

• That last picture especially is very eerie...
                          "There comes a time in every man's life and I've had plenty of them."--Charles Dillon "Casey" Stengel

Comment

• awesome shots, tdinan!

Comment

• Originally posted by tdinan View Post
                              Took a tour Sunday, my 3-y/o son ran onto the grass and got yelled at by Security (Miss America). But not before I was able to get a pic.

How much time did he get in jail?

Broken Bones?

Court costs?

You couldn't have possibly gotten away with it scott free could you?
                              Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                                I went back today and took two tours, the 1.00pm and 2.00pm tours...
                                Gary did you post more shots on Flickr?
                                Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X