X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeDOYS View Post
    great pics as usual gary...
    Yes indeed!

BYW, does anyone know the date that they stopped lighting the YANKEE STADIUM sign and the underside of the upperdeck?

Comment

• The plastic wrapping behind the lighting banks on the roof seems to be a new addition. Any guesses as to why it's needed?
      First Game- Twinight DH, Mets vs. Cards at Shea, August 22, 1965

Comment

• Originally posted by CHiller View Post
        The plastic wrapping behind the lighting banks on the roof seems to be a new addition. Any guesses as to why it's needed?
        Hey Chuck - loved that you hit the first Grand Slam in World Series history during Game 4 of the 1962 World Series against Las Jankees! SWEET!!!!

Just a guess - I see that plastic at constuction sites all the time. Me thinks its some administrative regulation for construction sites, that insists that the "top level" at said construction site needs an arbitrary covering of said plastic.

Comment

• Gary,

Thanks for the great photos - YOU ARE THE PAN!

Comment

• Originally posted by LINYUSA View Post
            Gary,

Thanks for the great photos - YOU ARE THE PAN!

I wish Gary had exclusive access inside.
            No one can make you
            Do what they want to
            You know you're stronger
            Than the lies
            That they tell you

Comment

• Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post

I wish Gary had exclusive access inside.
              So does GARY!
              ------------------------------------------
              www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
              www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
              www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

Comment

• Originally posted by RichieA13 View Post
                So does GARY!
                I want exclusive access inside the most .
                www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeDOYS View Post
                  I want exclusive access inside the most .
                  Well Joe D, maybe Turner is hiring?
                  www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
                  www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
                  www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

Comment

• Here's a shot from Wednesday... as it happened, I had tickets to back-to-back games so once I saw the portal lights lit, I tried to get some shots focusing on that...

Here's a link to my demolition photos from the 16th... don't get too excited, because there's only 10 of 'em...
                    X
                    What's THAT guy doing?
                    - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• It has been officially one year since Yankee Stadium closed =( Amazing how much difference 1 year makes

Comment

• Why is it taking so damn long? It took a year to take down only what, 1/6 of the building.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Korean View Post
                          Why is it taking so damn long? It took a year to take down only what, 1/6 of the building.
                          They are saving everything for memorabilia, there are no implosions allowed in NYC, the building is within feet of a subway station and just a neighborhood so they have to be careful, there was a lot of asbestos and other toxic material to be removed first, plus they don't do any heavy deconstruction when there is a home game.. how miserable would it be to be at the ballgame across the street and to hear the old home being taken apart?

Comment

Why is it taking so damn long? It took a year to take down only what, 1/6 of the building.
                            well its more like they are disecting the building rather then demolishing it

Comment

They're still getting all the old Babe Ruth hotdog wrappers out and all the babes that Joe Pepitone boinked under the stands. It's a long, tedious process my friend .
                              Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

• 2.5 million dollars and 284 working days to construct it. They've already exceeded at least one of those figures, and the other is not far behind.

Implosion is illegal, and with the "hairnet" wrapped around the place it appears that a wrecking ball is also out of the question, unless, of course, the net goes with it.

I know better, but sometimes I think that they're taking their sweet ass time just to make us squirm. At the rate they're going most of us will be dead before they finish. I also have a strange feeling that there's a surprise in store before it's all over. Not necessarily a good surprise, but a surprise just the same. None of this looks right. I think somethings going on.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X