X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well...the Yankee Stadium demo has truly begun:

Comment

• Ghosts moving over

Perhaps it is fitting that as the old Yankee Stadium gets torn down the ghosts of championship pasts are arriving at the New Yankee Stadium.

Comment

• Originally posted by migo View Post
        Well...the Yankee Stadium demo has truly begun:

I am not 100% sure about this. While riding home on the metro north, I can see that they are taking down the gate 4 escalator tower. What I am not sure about is that I thought I saw the two original ornaments still on top of the enterance - the tower is low enough to see it - Is it possible that the tower covered this emblems all these years?

Comment

• I doubt it...if you look at my renovation film, and take a good look at Gate 2, you'll see where the top of the gates were cut off to accomodate the new raised upper deck concourse. I'm afraid that the original medallions are gone forever.

Brad
          "Today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth." - Lou Gehrig, Yankee Stadium, July 4, 1939

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPwsl8YtxqQ
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/thestadiumguy/

Comment

• Originally posted by dragonyankee View Post
            Perhaps it is fitting that as the old Yankee Stadium gets torn down the ghosts of championship pasts are arriving at the New Yankee Stadium.
            :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:
            Last edited by locke40; 10-10-2009, 09:34 AM. Reason: New York Yankees
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by the stadium guy View Post
              I doubt it...if you look at my renovation film, and take a good look at Gate 2, you'll see where the top of the gates were cut off to accomodate the new raised upper deck concourse. I'm afraid that the original medallions are gone forever.

Brad
              Hey there! I've been asking you for months now what's the soundtrack behind that YouTube video of the renovations. That is a slammin track! You mentioned it once at your youtube site but now it's gone, and i've forgotten.
              RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

Is that the lower deck homeplate area? If so, this is truly sad because it means the deciscions has already been made by the city not to reconsider leaving up SOME of the grandstand, - a few 100 sq feet would not deprive the neighborhood of much parklland and would be a nice place to watch their children play in games, although the first 20 rows was not the original stadium: that was put in in 1975.

Comment

• Actually, the Field level would be underground in Heritage Park. If anything were to be saved, and it's highly unlikely, it would be the Main level.
                  Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

Looks like they're in 1920s concrete already....what a disgrace to the city.
                    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

• To me it doesn't look like they are breaking apart the concrete at all. It looks to me that they are using that area to drop material from somewhere else and loading it into the dumpsters. If you look closely there is no indentation in the lower seating area. It looks like a scrap metal area on top of the lower seating area. Anyone see the same ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Celerino Sanchez View Post
                        To me it doesn't look like they are breaking apart the concrete at all. It looks to me that they are using that area to drop material from somewhere else and loading it into the dumpsters. If you look closely there is no indentation in the lower seating area. It looks like a scrap metal area on top of the lower seating area. Anyone see the same ?
                        I see broken concrete, and i bet that thomas edison quality concrete is extremely hard to crush....
                        www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• I bet you my shiniest dime that the Old/Renovated/Real Yankee Stadium is put together better than the New Yankee Stadium.

Better, stronger materials and old world craftsmanship FTW.
                          No one can make you
                          Do what they want to
                          You know you're stronger
                          Than the lies
                          That they tell you

Comment

• Originally posted by Celerino Sanchez View Post
                            To me it doesn't look like they are breaking apart the concrete at all. It looks to me that they are using that area to drop material from somewhere else and loading it into the dumpsters. If you look closely there is no indentation in the lower seating area. It looks like a scrap metal area on top of the lower seating area. Anyone see the same ?
                            yeah i see what your saying. but what could all that be from then?
                            I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee - Joe Dimaggio

Comment

• Some exterior shots from Friday... I didn't go to the game so these were taken during the game...

"Lights and spray showers will be activiated by vibrations and/or sounds of the passing trains." I'm sure the people whose apartment windows face this property will be thrilled to learn about that.

For more photos, including the ones you've just seen (but with writeups explaining what the heck you were looking at), go here.
                              X
                              What's THAT guy doing?
                              - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post
                                I bet you my shiniest dime that the Old/Renovated/Real Yankee Stadium is put together better than the New Yankee Stadium.

Better, stronger materials and old world craftsmanship FTW.
                                I bet the shelf life of new yankee stadium is about half of the old yankee stadium. When youre walking around on the concourses inside the new yankee stadium take a look down at the concrete...it already has stress fractures.
                                www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X