Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cgcoyne2 View Post
    Gary did you post more shots on Flickr?
    Why bother? How can I hope to top these guys!

Originally posted by yankees82 View Post
    from nytimes.com
    Damn these professional photographers with their professional equipment and their professional training and their professional experience and their professional credentials and their professional assignments and their professional paychecks and their professional access and their professional professionalism....

:grouchy

(Yes, cgcoyne2, I've posted a few shots to Flickr... I'll be posting more as time allows, so keep checking back... as they say in the twelve-step groups, keep coming back, it works if you work it, so work it, you're worth it... )
    X
    What's THAT guy doing?
    - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Originally posted by cgcoyne2 View Post
      How much time did he get in jail?

Broken Bones?

Court costs?

You couldn't have possibly gotten away with it scott free could you?
      He was a first time offender, so he got off easy. Plus the tears might have swayed the judge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
        Why bother? How can I hope to top these guys!
        That's not true at all. Your pictures of Shea were better than Newsday by a mile and you even had the night pics.

You have been one of the best to document both parks with an AP-like presentation that stands out as very professional.

Comment

• A couple of pictures from the WCBS Newsradio 880 site, credited to Tom Kaminski:

link: here

link: here

Unfortunately, the website says these photos are from 11/13 ("WCBS' Tom Kaminski got these shots while flying high in Chopper 880 on Thursday, November 13, 2008"). This is clearly incorrect; the second photo shows the Mickey Mantle monument in its original place, but as I mentioned earlier, the Mantle monument was already on the warning track and waiting to be transported when my 1.00pm tour group visited the Yankee Stadium Press Box on the 12th.
          X
          What's THAT guy doing?
          - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• YS without monuments=Partridge Family without Danny.

Last edited by tugger; 11-14-2008, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Whenever I see those monuments I think of 2001.

Last edited by jnakamura; 11-14-2008, 10:40 AM.
              I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
              - Walt Whitman

Comment

• found this on youtube:
                removal of the 9/11 monument. about 6 mins long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf_jx...eature=related

Comment

• Hey, just wanted to share my experiences and some select photo's from the 1PM Yankee Stadium tour, this past Monday, the 10th, if you don't mind. There were a few surprises.

First off, the staff and security were nicer than I expected based on the experiences of those in this thread. We actually ended up being late for the 12PM tour we had tickets for. So we went into the office and explained that to the gentleman at the counter, and he offered us spots on the 1PM tour instead, which we accpeted of course! Also that same person gave directions to my friends Aunt(who is from South America, Chile I think, and didn't speak English)to the bathroom while we waited for the 1PM tour. Also someone right infront of me grabbed a handful of warning track dirt and I didn't hear any verbal punishment, and I doubt that they'd punish him quietly! I guess we did the tour on a good day!

Second, while we were waiting for her to return, Hideki Matsui walked right past us and into the Yankee office. Didn't even notice anybody nearby until he was by the steps, so I wasn't able to grab a picture, but that was pretty cool

Third, Bernie Williams was at the Stadium that day. We realized something was going on when we were walking into the seating area and his name and face were all over the video and ribbon boards. Then out tour guide mentioned that he was in center field, and sure enough he was. Seemed to be doing a photo shoot with his guitar, I would imagine for a new album? Also the line scoreboard had the words "Moving" and "Forward" as the teams, perhaps his album's name?

Anyway, the tour was great! No Monument Park unfortunately, as this was the day that they began to remove the numbers and monuments. The numbers were gone by the time we got to the field. The tour split in two and half went to the press box and the other half to the field. We were in the group the went to the field. We were told we may not get to the clubhouse for whatever reason. But shortly after we got to the field, we were told we could go in the clubhouse, so we went there while we could! Then we came back to the field and dugout to take in the scene. Then it was up to the press box for the great view from there. Then back down to the exit through the gift shop. All too short, lol.

A few pics:

All from my Flickr set linked here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8114851...7609128049300/
                  -JCD

My Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees82 View Post
                    found this on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf_jx...eature=related
                    I have a comment on the 9/11 monument

The weekend before 9/11/2002 (when they unvailed the 9/11 monument) I went to the Yankee game with my brother, my dad and my uncle. My brother and I went to Monument Park before the game, and there was this huge thing with blue tarp over it. My brother was like what do you think that is? and I told him I heard that on 9/11, theyre supposed to unvail a 9/11 monument. Then, on 9/11, we were watching the game, and of course, the thing in the corner with the blue tarp WAS the 9/11 monument.

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees82 View Post
                      found this on youtube:
                      Wow. That video confirms that what I saw during the 1.00pm tour was the removal of the 9/11 monument. My group was in the Press Box while that was taking place, so I was able to get some pictures of the activity, although I didn't realize what it was at the time. I was concentrating on the removed plaques, retired monuments, and especially Mickey Mantle's monument which was sitting on the warning track in left field.

Here's one of my photos showing Monument Park in transition: the retired numbers and plaques are gone, Mantle is waiting to be taken across the street (note the workman bringing one of the sides of the wooden box that will cover it), and the workmen are removing 9/11 right in front of us.

(Photo taken November 12, 2008. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here. Link to high-resolution 2048 x 1536 image: here.)
                      X
                      What's THAT guy doing?

Comment

• Gary,

A quick comment about the picture in the link below; Bob Shepherd's door is the second on the left.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1450446...7608993198508/

I really wish I had gone and taken a look while I was there.

Richard

Comment

• I went on the 1pm tour of Yankee Stadium yesterday and took a few pictures:

Comment

• A few more:

Comment

• It seems that some of the writing on the blackboard is gradually getting erased...

October 30, 2008:

(Photo taken October 30, 2008. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

November 15, 2008:

(Re-post of a photo posted right here in this very thread by Yankeefan3783)

Note, especially, the names "Molina" and "Petitte" at the bottom of the Yankees column have been almost completely wiped away, with Matsui soon to follow.
                              X
                              What's THAT guy doing?

Comment

• YS demolition not to start until Sept 09 due to movie

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseba...tory?track=rss

Darryl Strawberry and actor Josh Lucas also will be featured, and Robby Benson will direct the movie, which will be filmed inside the old Yankee Stadium before and during the 2009 season. Partly for that reason, the old Stadium will remain standing until September, with some minor dismantling over the summer

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X