No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As Curt Schiling once said mystique and aura sound like dancers at a night club. You win becuase you have the better team on the field. Not because of "ghosts".

Comment

• And just to clarify, I am referring to Girardi's presence/attitude/demeanor in comparison to Torre's, not necessarily is managing style. Though the managing style contrasts VERY strongly with Torre's.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mattygnym View Post
        As Curt Schiling once said mystique and aura sound like dancers at a night club. You win becuase you have the better team on the field. Not because of "ghosts".
        Curts a dummy for really believing that it was meant to be taken seriously.
        To even comment on that.
        Last edited by SHOELESSJOE3; 10-25-2009, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• What the heck is taking them so long?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralf View Post
            What the heck is taking them so long?
            You have to walk along the stadium if you park in the River lots or take the Metro train, which means they can't start demo until the Yankees season is complete.

That's my best guess.

Comment

• All this crap about the new stadium reinvigorating the franchise is absolute gibberish. And all the talk about the old stadium being stale, gimme a break!!! From 2004-2008 the Yankees lacked a dominant starting pitcher, or even a capable #2 starting pitcher, and this is the main reason why the Yankees performed so poorly in the playoffs each year. It was a miracle the Yankees were an inning away from the World Series in 2004 with the horrible starting rotation the team had.

The Yankees won in 1996 because they were on a magic carpet ride and they got all the breaks. They won from 1998-2000 in large part because when it came to the post season they had El Duque who was incredible and he will go down as the second greatest post season pitcher in the history of the franchise behind Mariano. And they're favored to win in 2009 in large part because of Sabathia. Bottom line....a lot of this comes down to starting pitching and from 2004-2008 the Yankees didn't have any. As for Swisher and Burnett, a lot of this clubhouse chemistry is BS.

As for Torre versus Girardi, I don't consider either one of them a great manager. But Torre has better people skills, and he doesn't over manage the way Girardi does. The biggest mistake in the Torre era was his unwarranted confidence in Tom Gordon in games 4 and 5 at Fenway Park in 2004...Rivera should've started the 8th inning in both games. And to Girardi's credit he is using Rivera more than Torre did, but overall I like Torre a lot more because of his personality and Girardi's performance this postseason has not been good. Corporate Cashman humiliated an alltime yankee great...a guy who kept the Yankee brand afloat at a time when the Mets owned New York...and what does he do... he dumps don mattingly because Girardi looks better in his uniform and if the Yankees win it will be in spite of Girardi.

Comment

• Originally posted by scooterfan View Post
                As for Torre versus Girardi, I don't consider either one of them a great manager. But Torre has better people skills, and he doesn't over manage the way Girardi does. The biggest mistake in the Torre era was his unwarranted confidence in Tom Gordon in games 4 and 5 at Fenway Park in 2004...Rivera should've started the 8th inning in both games. And to Girardi's credit he is using Rivera more than Torre did, but overall I like Torre a lot more because of his personality and Girardi's performance this postseason has not been good. Corporate Cashman humiliated an alltime yankee great...a guy who kept the Yankee brand afloat at a time when the Mets owned New York...and what does he do... he dumps don mattingly because Girardi looks better in his uniform and if the Yankees win it will be in spite of Girardi.
                Couldn't have said it better
                Huge Yankees & Mike Mussina Fan

Check Out My Youtube Channel For More Of My Yankees Collection

Check Out My MLB 2K11 Yankees Franchise

Comment

• Originally posted by OllieNYY View Post
                  Couldn't have said it better
                  Agreed - this should always have been Mattingly's team - Torre to Mattingly.
                  Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

• Originally posted by scooterfan View Post
                    Forget your gibberish about NYS and hatred for it. We won't go down that road. But, your commentary on Torre shows just how little you know about baseball, maybe even less than Torre's in game managing and handling of the pen.

You do know how many arms Torre's ruined, do you not? How he plays favorites with no rational explanation? How he knows squat about sabermetrics? How he even gets blasted by the LA media?

And what does Mattingly know about managing? He wasn't even a good hitting coach. And need I remind you that as captain of the Yankee team that he admitted he wasn't a "leader" and was known to "lead by example" by the press? Just how do you lead by example in the dugout? Great, gutsy ballplayer, yes. That doesn't translate to managing.

Girardi isn't perfect by any means, but he's learning, won the manager of the year award in the NL and those who know baseball better than you and I have said that he has one of the better futures in the game as manager. He doesn't have the gift of gab of Torre (some call it Torre BS) but he's improved.

And Torre proved to be an untrustworthy piece of spit in his book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strawman View Post
                      Agreed - this should always have been Mattingly's team - Torre to Mattingly.
                      Why?.........

Comment

• Train is derailed

. . . and what does ANY of this have to do with the demolition of Yankee Stadium?

Comment

• Originally posted by SparkyL View Post
                          . . . and what does ANY of this have to do with the demolition of Yankee Stadium?
                          Surely, someone's bringing a camera to the game tonight!

Comment

• Originally posted by SparkyL View Post
                            Damn, man! Why did you have to say that just when I was gonna' put my two cents in?

Torre could manage if he had a good team, and he did. (who couldn't?)

Torre is having trouble in LA because of pitching. (sound familiar?)

I live in LA. I watch the Dodgers because of Torre. He runs the team well, and Mattingly doesn't do ****.

The Yankees could win with this team with Cheetah as manager. Girardi could be his bench coach.

Tony Pena, who also interviewed for the manager's job, should've been hired.

Comment

• One more thing. Mattingly couldn't manage his check book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob R View Post
                                Why?.........
                                ...probably something having to do with him being the heart and soul of this ballclub for well over a decade...
                                www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X