No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right, Bandit. And all the local newsies are carefully placed outside the Stadium so that the Old Stadium is not visible in the background of any shots.
    Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

• Originally posted by bandit12 View Post
      Maybe I missed one...During game 1 of the WS...anyone notice that everytime they show a shot of the NYS from the blimp...it is always a tight shot of the stadium. They never give a wide angle so you can see OYS.

During the Giants game the other night...every shot from the blimp showed both Giants stadium and the new one. It strikes me that both instances are deliberate.
      They did the same last year when they would show OYS and NYS from the blimps. I guess they just don't want to show OYS being gutted.

Comment

• How much can you see from a night shot?
        X
        What's THAT guy doing?
        - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
          How much can you see from a night shot?
          Enough to the point where only the outer perimeter of New Yankee Stadium is on my screen.
          No one can make you
          Do what they want to
          You know you're stronger
          Than the lies
          That they tell you

Comment

• Originally posted by bandit12 View Post
            Maybe I missed one...During game 1 of the WS...anyone notice that everytime they show a shot of the NYS from the blimp...it is always a tight shot of the stadium. They never give a wide angle so you can see OYS.

During the Giants game the other night...every shot from the blimp showed both Giants stadium and the new one. It strikes me that both instances are deliberate.
            Totally deliberate. I noticed it too. Lets just pretend the old place never existed and drool over our new place with the butcher shops and tacky as all hell neon ribbon thing. I saw an over head shot last night with that ribbon all lit up red. Damn stadium may as well be Busch Stadium. And gee, have there ever been that many empty seats for a WS game in the modern era? Sickening!
            Fake Yankee stadium Fail!

Comment

• I'm sure most if not all of those empty seats were sold, but today's casual, luxury minded, sort-of Yankee fan prefers the warmth and comfort the lounges provide. Who can blame them? It was ugly out there last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post
                Enough to the point where only the outer perimeter of New Yankee Stadium is on my screen.
                That's not what I meant. NYaDIO had said "I guess they just don't want to show OYS being gutted," and my response "How much can you see from a night shot?" referred to how much of the original stadium in its current state could you see in a night shot. The stadium itself is not lit, so I think it wouldn't be more than an outline, with the strongest visibility being on the Gate 2 side, because of the powerful lights emanating from the Great Hall.
                X
                What's THAT guy doing?
                - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

That's not what I meant. NYaDIO had said "I guess they just don't want to show OYS being gutted," and my response "How much can you see from a night shot?" referred to how much of the original stadium in its current state could you see in a night shot. The stadium itself is not lit, so I think it wouldn't be more than an outline, with the strongest visibility being on the Gate 2 side, because of the powerful lights emanating from the Great Hall.
                  Even late in the regular season on the fox games the blimps shots did not include old yankee stadium. They might have put the camera on it for 5 seconds with Joe Buck saying something dumb about it and that was that.
                  www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeDOYS View Post
                    Even late in the regular season on the fox games the blimps shots did not include old yankee stadium. They might have put the camera on it for 5 seconds with Joe Buck saying something dumb about it and that was that.
                    One of the subway series games this year at the stadium (if memory serves me correct, it was the game after Castillo's Boner), they showed a lot of the RYS through blimp shots and even ground level shots. I was in a bar with friends, and when they showed these shots, I started booing real loudly, to voice my opinion about how I felt about the demolition. Some people looked at me weird, and even one of my friends actually asked me why I was booing (he is not a Yankee fan). I told him that if you don't know why I'm booing, then I can't explain it. I feel like only those of us (well, maybe I should say some of us) on this website actually understand what is actually being lost during this demolition, or maybe we're the only ones who care.
                    Last edited by locke40; 10-29-2009, 11:16 AM. Reason: NYS: not even a good stadium.
                    sigpic

Comment

No one can make you
                      Do what they want to
                      You know you're stronger
                      Than the lies
                      That they tell you

Comment

• I agree with locke. Whenever the Yankees used to make it to the world series from 96 through 01, the games at RYS were always awe inspiring, it made me want to be there and join the party. The rows being long, made everyone seem to be one. The place was loud, you can hear it on T.V. And I'm sure that the way the Phillies put a damper on the crowd, the crowd at RYS wouldn't have been quiet. It's not like the the Yanks were down 10-0 to Cy Young. I know the Yankees moved across the street, but they did so much more.

Comment

True also I thought about that. Last night I took a pic from outside on Babe Ruth Plaza looking towards Gate 2 it was just before the game right at sun down so there wasn't much lighting. And my picture came out dark, so true you won't be able to see much from a night shot especially with the dark scaffolding around the Stadium itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by locke40 View Post
                            One of the subway series games this year at the stadium (if memory serves me correct, it was the game after Castillo's Boner), they showed a lot of the RYS through blimp shots and even ground level shots. I was in a bar with friends, and when they showed these shots, I started booing real loudly, to voice my opinion about how I felt about the demolition. Some people looked at me weird, and even one of my friends actually asked me why I was booing (he is not a Yankee fan). I told him that if you don't know why I'm booing, then I can't explain it. I feel like only those of us (well, maybe I should say some of us) on this website actually understand what is actually being lost during this demolition, or maybe we're the only ones who care.
                            Yes, i remember. I think that Mets series was really the last time they gave oys a decent amount of camera time. Since then its been non existent.
                            www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• Comment

• I think Turner's gonna really start tearing into this place as soon as the series is over. November and December could be nasty months for those fans who care about the past.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X