No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was wondering, for the offseason, are some of you Yankee fans going to do a get-together for the farewell like island did for Shea? It looks as though the real stuff will begin soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by hallzee View Post
      From here on out, it gets real ugly, real fast!
      Agreed.

Hopefully they continue knocking out that back wall so we can point our cameras into the bowl as it comes apart...
      www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• Originally posted by RichardLillard1 View Post
        I don't know about that. When you look at the worker taking down one of the E's, he's much smaller than said letter. It's about twice his height.

Even if he's around 5 feet tall, that's still ten feet.

Richard
        Richard, I made a diagram. Assuming that the guy on the ladder is 6' tall...

The blue block is 6'.

The two blocks stacked is 12'.

I would safely assume the letters are exactly 10' tall.
        Attached Files
        I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
        - Walt Whitman

Comment

• Ouch!!! Doesn't look like Reggie saved his seats.

From....
          http://www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by The Korean View Post
            You can boycott the team (not buying their prodcucts or going to the game EtC...) but if you call yourself a fan you gotta support the team. Watch their games, hope they win ETC...

But whatever. We gotta celebrate!
            You don't gotta do anything, just like you don't have to stay married to the same person.

Although the new stadium has been an embarrassing failure and no one's gonna tell me this championship was won because of it, I'm very, very happy for John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman. John Sterling is a media punching bag but he's one of the best radio play by play guys in the history of the game. He could be boring like the rest of the baseball announcers by calling games like it's 1950 when there was no competition with only a few tv channels, but John knows this is show business and he puts on a great show. Plus,he gives you two for the price of one. He may not paint the picture like Ernie Harwell and Vin Scully, but what he does is better. He calls a baseball game and simultaneously hosts a Mike Francesa style sports talk show.

It's disappointing that so many Yankee fans have been influenced by Phil Mushnick and have criticized Sterling as well. Mushnick is so jealous of Sterling it's not even funny. As for Suzyn, the criticism leveled at her is pure sexism.

Comment

• Originally posted by scooterfan View Post
              You don't gotta do anything, just like you don't have to stay married to the same person.

Although the new stadium has been an embarrassing failure and no one's gonna tell me this championship was won because of it, I'm very, very happy for John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman. John Sterling is a media punching bag but he's one of the best radio play by play guys in the history of the game. He could be boring like the rest of the baseball announcers by calling games like it's 1950 when there was no competition with only a few tv channels, but John knows this is show business and he puts on a great show. Plus,he gives you two for the price of one. He may not paint the picture like Ernie Harwell and Vin Scully, but what he does is better. He calls a baseball game and simultaneously hosts a Mike Francesa style sports talk show.

It's disappointing that so many Yankee fans have been influenced by Phil Mushnick and have criticized Sterling as well. Mushnick is so jealous of Sterling it's not even funny. As for Suzyn, the criticism leveled at her is pure sexism.

-----------------------
              Attached Files
              I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
              - Walt Whitman

Comment

• Originally posted by scooterfan View Post

How has the new stadium been a failure? Yankees are making money off of it. You could say disgrace, and I cant disagree with you on that. but its definitely not a failure. It accomplished what Yankees wanted.

I like John Sterling as well. one of our very few common things we share.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeDOYS View Post
                  This bookends nicely with their 27th World Championship to squash any talk of a 'curse of Yankee Stadium.'

BTW, anyone who boycotts a team over which stadium that they play in is NOT a true fan of the tream, no matter what they say. They are a fan of architecture.

That's like saying you hate your parents because they moved out of your childhood home, or you hate your dad for trading in the car that you got your first piece in the back seat of.

The Yankees got some in the FRONT seat of their new place!

Comment

• correction...the rest of the Shea letters were eventually removed before they finished demolition.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBigMotor View Post
                      This bookends nicely with their 27th World Championship to squash any talk of a 'curse of Yankee Stadium.'

BTW, anyone who boycotts a team over which stadium that they play in is NOT a true fan of the tream, no matter what they say. They are a fan of architecture.

That's like saying you hate your parents because they moved out of your childhood home, or you hate your dad for trading in the car that you got your first piece in the back seat of.

The Yankees got some in the FRONT seat of their new place!
                      That my friend is a bad analogy!!!!
                      Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

• Originally posted by bandit12 View Post
                        Ouch!!! Doesn't look like Reggie saved his seats.

From....
                        http://www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com/
                        Sweet merciful poop on a triscuit!
                        Fake Yankee stadium Fail!

Comment

• Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                          Since when does boycotting a stadium have anything to do with fan loyalty? Financial assistance, which is what you do when you buy a ticket, is not a necessity to warrant fan support, especially when the team is worth in excess of one billion dollars.
                          Regarding the person he's talking about, in that case it does. He's on record here as saying he'd root for the Red Sox if they meet the Yanks in the ALCS this year. What kind of Yankee fan would say that, assuming of course, they are really a Yankee fan to begin with, which of course, he's not.

Comment

• Originally posted by jnakamura View Post
                            Richard, I made a diagram. Assuming that the guy on the ladder is 6' tall...

The blue block is 6'.

The two blocks stacked is 12'.

I would safely assume the letters are exactly 10' tall.

What if the guy on the ladder's a midget?

Also, if two train leave from the exact same point, at the exact same time & are traveling in opposite directions, with one of them going 60 MPH, & the other one going 40 MPH ..... how much distance would be between the two trains if they traveled a total of 173 minutes & 14 seconds each ....................?
                            RichieA13
                            SHEA STADIUM * 1964-2008
                            Last edited by RichieA13; 11-06-2009, 04:36 PM.
                            ------------------------------------------
                            www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
                            www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
                            www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by RichieA13 View Post

Also, if two train are traveling in opposite directions, with one of them going 60 MPH, & the other one going 40 MPH .....
                              how much distance would be between the two trains if they traveled a total of 173 minutes & 14 seconds ....................?
                              Not enough information given.
                              20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Comment

• If one of them is Amtrak and the other one is the Long Island RR, they'll meet 3 hours later than scheduled

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X