• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mastermind View Post
    whats in that picture for the most part is either gutted or buried
    and what is gutted and buried was the charm of the stadium I loved going to

the rys eventually had a great feel to it- but it was never the old stadium
    Nope you're wrong - except for the columns, the decks and concrete are - gulp, were! - still there. If you sat in those seats last year chances are you were sitting on 1923 concrete after the first few rows....
    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strawman View Post
      Nope you're wrong - except for the columns, the decks and concrete are - gulp, were! - still there. If you sat in those seats last year chances are you were sitting on 1923 concrete after the first few rows....
      if the old stadium was about the concrete than fine
      but the bleachers being on the field and the size of them, the demensions,the sounds, the upper deck not as steep, the smells, the freize, the scoreboard, the feel and old charms of the original was long gone

Comment

• Originally posted by scooterfan View Post
        I wonder if the Turner demolition employees signed confidentiality agreements preventing them from publishing photographs of this tragedy? I'm sure this demolition is extremely embarrassing to the Yankees. WCBS 880 is doing a good job from overhead but we're not seeing anything from the interior.
        If anyone else remembers about 3 or so months ago when they were taking out the seats i was getting regular photo updates from someone on one of the rigging crews. He told me that he had to sneak around to take the pictures when nobody was looking as someone could potentially lose their jobs if they got caught.

So yes, someone is not letting pictures from the inside happen for a reason.
        www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeDOYS View Post
          If anyone else remembers about 3 or so months ago when they were taking out the seats i was getting regular photo updates from someone on one of the rigging crews. He told me that he had to sneak around to take the pictures when nobody was looking as someone could potentially lose their jobs if they got caught.

So yes, someone is not letting pictures from the inside happen for a reason.
          Maybe someone is photographing....for a future book.

Exclusivity?

Isn't there a film crew documenting the inside like the one who did the Orange Bowl?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maxlugar View Post
            If you can't see that it was something special to go back and see Reggie trot out to the very spot he played in during his glorious Yankee tenure, they you will never get it. This new stadium can not deliver this feeling. And oh sure it's just the past and we must move on... but this is what the Yankees, to me and many others, was all about. And I say was purposely. They are not about that anymore. But it was this claim to love and embrace their glorious past that separated them for the other teams. Especially in lean years. They have shat upon that notion and God help them when they do going into another lean years senario. They have nothing to keep them afloat during such a period now. Except a Paramus Mall-like ball park with a butcher shop and Hardrock Cafe. But I can get those things without going up to the Bronx.
            Again, great memories. No one is arguing that. Great times, great memories. But its the players who makes history, not the stadium. Stadium is just part of it.

Yankees still honor their past and their history. Yes, they are still about that. They are still about tradition and they dont need Old Yankee Stadium to be it. Its ridiculous. Old Yankee Stadium had great memories, but its time to move on and make new history while remembering old ones at the same time.

Its a beautiful ballpark. It keeps the tradition alive and well. And it will be a place for the Yankees to make new history. Complain all you want but this is Yankees new home, a damn good one at that, and will be for many years to come.

Old stadiums dont last forever, keep that in mind too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mastermind View Post
              if the old stadium was about the concrete than fine
              but the bleachers being on the field and the size of them, the demensions,the sounds, the upper deck not as steep, the smells, the freize, the scoreboard, the feel and old charms of the original was long gone
              The upperdeck was the exact same angle - they added to the back of it....Yanks did gradually cut down the dimensions....
              Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Korean View Post

Yeah?

No one can make you
                Do what they want to
                You know you're stronger
                Than the lies
                That they tell you

Comment

• Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post
                  Yeah?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Korean View Post
                    Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post
                    Yeah?
                    You forgot this place...

waitaminnit...

Never mind.
                    X
                    What's THAT guy doing?
                    - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

The upperdeck was the exact same angle - they added to the back of it....Yanks did gradually cut down the dimensions....
                      Ill be honest I wasnt sure- but when I was going to the old stadium (ages 7-14) I remember holding on to the railing for dear like thinking it was steep

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                        You forgot this place...

waitaminnit...

Never mind.
                        it actually looks better in the bottom shot

Comment

• Originally posted by mets16 View Post
                          One thing I will always remember about the Shea demo was driving home from family in Queens last Thanksgiving seeing the "TADIUM" standing. That is when it really drove home what was happening
                          Yes, I remember that. It was like that for months actually, and my kids would comment on it as we drove by. I posited that some bar somewhere named "Shea's" bought the "SHEA S" letters in one go, thus leaving TADIUM.
                          «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Comment

• Sadly, it's the one thing the Red Sox will now always have over the Yankees - authenticity.

(They also share the same hometown as a certain stadium-demolishing, history-hating, anti-preservationist Mayor of NYC - hmmmmm....makes me wonder).

Comment

Sadly, it's the one thing the Red Sox will now always have over the Yankees - authenticity.

(They also share the same hometown as a certain stadium-demolishing, history-hating, anti-preservationist Mayor of NYC - hmmmmm....makes me wonder).
                              the problem is that there is no where in boston to build a new park. i think they totally would, there is just no place to put it.

Comment

Sadly, it's the one thing the Red Sox will now always have over the Yankees - authenticity.

Believe me I love baseball tradition- but the old yankee stadium and new yankee stadium are much nicer than that rundown dump- and as was said above- find the red sox a place for a new stadium and fenway would be blown to pieces- and after we win it all next year - the new stadium will have the same amount of world series titles as that dump has had in 92 years

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X