Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post
    Of everything down at Field Level those DUGOUTS refuse to die!
    Heh, those dugouts are either earmarked for Steiner Sports, or Cooperstown!
    NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
    Mets360 Mets Past, Present and Future
    Talking Mets Baseball. A baseball blog with a Mets bias

Comment

• Originally posted by RationalNYYfan View Post
      I know this has been answered in the past, I just can't remember - how come there is a section of seats behind home plate that has different colored concrete?
      I believe that's original 1922-23 concrete vs. later renovations/pours....literally uncovering the house that ruth built right now.

Sadly.

Some would say, criminally.
      Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveJRogers View Post
        Heh, those dugouts are either earmarked for Steiner Sports, or Cooperstown!
        No, they're being buried - they'll be below the surface of the park - maybe they'll somehow save those roofs but doesn't look like it.
        Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strawman View Post
          No, they're being buried - they'll be below the surface of the park - maybe they'll somehow save those roofs but doesn't look like it.
          Welllll, I suppose they *could* be hauled out of there - each by at least a pair of Chinooks!
          RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

Guess they would have taken them out by now surely. I kinda like the idea of them being buried with the roofs still on, if in a 100 years time, during construction or excavation work on that site, they find the Original (okay Renovated) Yankee Stadium Dugouts that legend says may have been buried down there that would be kinda cool and bring the history from across the street back to a new generation (of course most most of us won't be around for such a great moment but something for the kids and grand kids!)
            Huge Yankees & Mike Mussina Fan

Check Out My Youtube Channel For More Of My Yankees Collection

Check Out My MLB 2K11 Yankees Franchise

Comment

• Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post
              Welllll, I suppose they *could* be hauled out of there - each by at least a pair of Chinooks!
              Steiner will eventually dig down- (on his hands and knees in the middle of the night if he has to) chop it up into pieces- slap a few autographs on them- and put them in glass cases
              and make many thousnads of dollars

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                I was under the impression 157th Street was a "real" street until the renovation, when it was transformed into a pedestrian plaza. In fact, if you check out this 1955 image...

...you'll see that another street, whose name I surprisingly don't know, bisects the property between River Avenue and 153rd Street that is the present site of the parking garage.

And I believe Ruppert Place was also a "real" street for most of Renovated Yankee Stadium's existance - it wasn't until sometime in the 1990s or 2000s that it became a restricted access roadway.
                Gary, you are correct regarding 157 St pre renovation. Here is a pic of Ruppert Pl. by 161 St.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by TJH1923 View Post
                  Gary, you are correct regarding 157 St pre renovation. Here is a pic of Ruppert Pl. by 161 St.
                  Was this overhead picture taken on Mickey Mantle day in 1969?

Comment

• Satire.

Tragedy.

Tragedy.jpg
                    sigpic

Comment

• You can also see the street that cuts through the present site of the parking garage at the top of that pictures.

Richard

Comment

• Originally posted by TJH1923 View Post
                        before and after renovation

Attached Files

Comment

• And together! Kinda shows the lie in those rancid claims that it's "not the same stadium" they're busily destroying...

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees82 View Post
                            before and after renovation

Man, face lifts gone wrong.

Comment

And together! Kinda shows the lie in those rancid claims that it's "not the same stadium" they're busily destroying...
                              Awesome comparison...
                              www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• Good picture comparison, the overall stadium has really remained unchanged.

This makes the stadium demise so much more painful!
                                Last edited by JCCC; 12-05-2009, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X