No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locke40, you left out important info. Did you guys get to go out with those girls? And speaking of "girls", will you people PLEASE stop posting pictures of that frankenstein woman?:grouchy
    Last edited by stadiumbuilder; 12-10-2009, 02:37 PM. Reason: --

Comment

• For the sake of putting that hideous woman's picture back a few pages....I'm currently watching the Pine Tar game on MLB Network and I noticed that after Brett was called out and the game ended, that "New York, New York" began playing. I'm sure this has been discussed, but does anyone know how far back the yanks began playing NY, NY after games? This is the earliest I can confirm hearing it played after a game at the stadium (1983)
      thanks
      sigpic

Comment

• I can only imagine a dugout conversation between Yogi and Casey.

Don't forget this gem from the Aflac commercial which was based on a per diem he received during his playing days: "And they give you cash . . . which is just as good as money."

Comment

• Originally posted by shaneslatts View Post
          Been a long time sice I posted here....i am 53 years old, and yeah, I was in"Old Yankee Stadium" and in the "Renovated Yankee Stadium"....to me, it was the same ball yard...... I was THANKFUL that the "powers that be " kept the Yankees inside the same walls that Ruth, etc played in... this can no longer be said......"I" knew, when I walked into gate 4 that I was in Yankee Stadium... I showd my son who is 24 years the two different pictures (old vs renovated") and he knew INSTANTLY that yeah, thats Yankee Stadium AFTER a renovation.... Was the renovation perfect? No, course not. But what they are tearing into NOW is " PRE renovation Yankee Stadium', and thus all your arguments fail..... 1923- 1973 Yankee Stadium is being ripped down, before your eyes.....But its much worse then THAT...HISTORY and a real American LANDMARK are being wiped off from sight, and all some folks can do is talk about a wider concourse and better venues
          All in the name of "progress"
          Totally agree, I was in the Old Stadium for Yankees and Giants, I think my first time I was about 6, spent half the game staring at the frieze. I loved that freaking place. Wasn't thrilled with the renovations, but once you walked inside, the ramps, the concourses, and that walk out to your seat when you came out of the concourse and saw the grass, it was still the Stadium. Never got that feeling this year, very disappointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly85MVP View Post
            For the sake of putting that hideous woman's picture back a few pages....I'm currently watching the Pine Tar game on MLB Network and I noticed that after Brett was called out and the game ended, that "New York, New York" began playing. I'm sure this has been discussed, but does anyone know how far back the yanks began playing NY, NY after games? This is the earliest I can confirm hearing it played after a game at the stadium (1983)
            thanks
            I was at the Pine Tar Game, great seats behind third on the field level - watched Brett freak out and charge the ump close up. The weird thing about that game is that there was no announcement of what had happened - just swirling rumors - inside the stadium...gradually the basic story made the rounds via fans with transistor radios, but we really didn't know the full saga till we got home. The most amazing aspect of that game was Brett's blast - high cheese from Gossage that he turned on and ripped into the upper deck - just above the spot where the bulldozers are ripping into the still-breathing guts of real NY baseball history.
            Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeDOYS View Post
              Wow - they really are tearing it down like Shea. This is tougher than I thought it would be. I guess that's a woman's bathroom with mirrors, hence the pink.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mastermind View Post
                :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: I didnt know I was in the presence of the all wise one- excuse my earlier comments
                No problem. Eventually you realize I'm a genius..

Comment

• From http://www.stadiumpage.com/stpages/y...emo120409.html

Comment

• Originally posted by The Korean View Post
                    Anyone think the old place could have been renovated again to make Steinbrenners more money, as in, many more luxury boxes, and all that?
                    There were plans for it back in 1998... I gotta say those "toothbrush lights" reek of Jacobs Field.. or Progressive Field or whatever it's called now... but the place looks so much more like the pre-renovated stadium than the new stadium ever will

http://www.stadiumpage.com/stpages/yankeereno.html
                    Last edited by YanksRule; 12-10-2009, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strawman View Post
                      I was at the Pine Tar Game, great seats behind third on the field level - watched Brett freak out and charge the ump close up. The weird thing about that game is that there was no announcement of what had happened - just swirling rumors - inside the stadium...gradually the basic story made the rounds via fans with transistor radios, but we really didn't know the full saga till we got home. The most amazing aspect of that game was Brett's blast - high cheese from Gossage that he turned on and ripped into the upper deck - just above the spot where the bulldozers are ripping into the still-breathing guts of real NY baseball history.
                      Strawman,
                      I was also at the Pine Tar Game in almost the same exact seats. 3rd row field level right off 3rd base. I was 10 years old at the time but I remember we almost missed Brett charging out of the dugout because my Dad was trying to get us to leave right after the home run to beat the traffic. Lucky for us I wouldnt let him!

Comment

• Now when I think about it, the pine tar game is my first memory of watching a baseball game on TV. If it was 1983 I was 6 years old.

Comment

• Originally posted by YanksRule View Post
                          There were plans for it back in 1998... I gotta say those "toothbrush lights" reek of Jacobs Field.. or Progressive Field or whatever it's called now... but the place looks so much more like the pre-renovated stadium than the new stadium ever will

http://www.stadiumpage.com/stpages/yankeereno.html
                          I was all for that plan but never really thought it would happen. It would have preserved and restored the Stadium while adding $uite$. The only aspects that I didn't like were the completely glassed in Loge level {$uite$} and moving the Bronx County Courthouse to LF.
                          Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Monument View Post
                            I was all for that plan but never really thought it would happen. It would have preserved and restored the Stadium while adding $uite$. The only aspects that I didn't like were the completely glassed in Loge level {$uite$} and moving the Bronx County Courthouse to LF.
                            How was a court house going to be moved? Seems nearly unrealistics

Comment

• Originally posted by 04golf View Post
                              How was a court house going to be moved? Seems nearly unrealistics
                              If I'm not mistaken, those plans were proposed by and paid for by the Bronx Borough President Fernando Ferrer. His offices were in the Bronx County Courthouse. So I'm sure some brain surgeon was trying kiss Ferrer's a$$ and included it in the renderings of the proposal.
                              Last edited by TJH1923; 12-11-2009, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Figures, I've been waiting to see the original facing of the mezzanine to be exposed in the demolition and it looks like they took the whole thing down without a trace. I was still holding out hope that out of all the sections that were painted white, there would be that one that was still green.
                                ..."I might have been given a bad break, but I've got an awful lot to live for."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X