Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tugger View Post
    But do you have the almighty DBT singin' 'bout G.G. Allin?
    HELL YEAH!!!

And to bring this tangent back to thread, how 'bout Patterson Hood as Springsteen?

Last night, Patterson (the nicest guy in Athens) came by the theater I work at to see New York I Love You.

The "bums" James Caan is referring to in that clip are the New York Yankees who played at the Yankee Stadium which is being demolished.

TAH-DAH!!!
    Last edited by JohnCropp; 12-18-2009, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• from newsday.com
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post
        And how has it been ruined? Honestly! I'm a recovering NASCAR addict so that means I don't know much about open-wheel either. h Probably commercially I suppose . . .
        Mostly by bad marketing and the fact that the equipment became too expensive to allow good American drivers to go from the Sprint car ranks to Indy Car racing like the Foyts etc. had done. Instead, they went for the bigger cash cows of NASCAR and Indy got stuck with an endless parade of Formula One type winners.

People claim wrongly that the Yankees have made baseball competition bad, but a genuine example of a fat cat rich team making competition bad is what Roger Penske has been doing in Indy racing for a long time.

Comment

• [rant]I wish in this day and age of terabytes, megabits and megapixels why these sites don't post links to higher-res images. Tom Kaminsky boasts of his nice equipment but all we can see is wallet-size.[/end_rant]
          Last edited by Aviator_Frank; 12-18-2009, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aviator_Frank View Post
            [rant]I wish in this day and age of terabytes, megabits and megapixels these sites don't post links to higher-res images. Tom Kaminsky boasts of his nice equipment but all we can see is wallet-size.[/end_rant]
            CBS doesnt even let me post their pictures on my site....probably something having to do with a blog getting more traffic to the pictures than their own site.
            www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

Tom Kaminsky boasts of his nice equipment but all we can see is wallet-size.
              A lot of men brag about the size of their equipment but when it comes time to prove it they're found wanting.

:blush:
              X
              What's THAT guy doing?
              - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                A lot of men brag about the size of their equipment but when it comes time to prove it they're found wanting.

:blush:
                That will be FINE - where is this thread going?
                RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• The promise of long lenses but short on . . . . oh never mind.

Comment

The promise of long lenses but short on . . . . oh never mind.

Shutter speed, Frank???!
                    ------------------------------------------
                    www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
                    www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
                    www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

------------------------------------------

Comment

• LOL Richie!

As I get older I find it increasingly difficult just to mount the camera on the tripod.

Comment

LOL Richie!

As I get older I find it increasingly difficult just to mount the camera on the tripod.
                        Try buying the tripod a few drinks first.

Comment

• Got bored with the snowstorm outside and re did some of my site, also incorporated a vbulletin forum like here. Go check it out...cya there.
                          www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeDOYS View Post
                            Got bored with the snowstorm outside and re did some of my site, also incorporated a vbulletin forum like here. Go check it out...cya there.
                            Hmmm, I'm beginning to wonder if a cut & run is in the cards for that upper deck. The Mezz and Field seating sections are no more, so there's nothing precluding progressive removal of the connection cables and just letting the upper section just tumble into the playing field area.

No dynamite needed, just a clip, nudge, and over she goes. Tell you what - it would be the loudest sound ever heard in the Bronx!

OTOH, they could go with temporary posting and just pick away at it.
                            RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• Original Brick Facade

Will they sell the bricks from the outside Facade of the stadium I wonder....? That's a piece of the "original" stadium that I want.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X