No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR died when they let Toyota join the truck series years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.R. View Post
      NASCAR died when they let Toyota join the truck series years ago.
      Now now, that sort of thinking went out of fashion last January!
      RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post
        Now now, that sort of thinking went out of fashion last January!
        What? You mean they still have races?

Comment

What? You mean they still have races?
          Nope. You didn't get it. Something you said about letting Toyota compete in Cup.

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

NASCAR died when they let Toyota join the truck series years ago.
            1. When NASCAR was in its early days I believe they had a few foreign-made cars.

2. Most Toyotas are American made anyway these days.

3. For me, NASCAR died on February 18, 2001.
            I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
            - Walt Whitman

Comment

• Originally posted by jnakamura View Post
              1. When NASCAR was in its early days I believe they had a few foreign-made cars.
              And there's nothing wrong with that now, is there, J.R.?

Jnak - agree with you there about 2/18/01. The last of the great Earnhardts.

Now, back to the demolition at hand!

Comment

• Okay... here's something that I think will be relevant to this thread...

As Yankee Stadium "shrinks" in size, much the way Shea Stadium did, I wonder if the black protective netting surrounding the facility...

(Photo taken August 11, 2009. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

...will be removed piecemeal, or will it remain as is until the entire place is gone?

I'm thinking from a photographers' perspective, although the above day shot doesn't appear to be that bad, you can still see everything... the blue wooden fence might be more of an impediment to getting good street-level shots of the final piece coming down.

Wonder if, as the moment gets closer, we'll be able to get accurate reports as to when the actual last piece will fall. I was glad to be able to capture Shea's final moments, and I'd like to be able to do the same in the Bronx.
                X
                What's THAT guy doing?
                - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post

Wonder if, as the moment gets closer, we'll be able to get accurate reports as to when the actual last piece will fall. I was glad to be able to capture Shea's final moments, and I'd like to be able to do the same in the Bronx.
                  If Gate 2 is saved...that won't happen. Will it?

Comment

• You have to think the city will want the stadium down before 2010 season started.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach Bombay View Post
                      You have to think the city will want the stadium down before 2010 season started.
                      I read somewhere by mid-season of 2010 which is freakin ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach Bombay View Post
                        You have to think the city will want the stadium down before 2010 season started.
                        No chance will it be gone by april. Ill say this time next year at the earliest.
                        www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• I just don't understand why the Yankees and the city would not want the place down as quickly as possible. Why would they want this big eyesore black curtain, along with all the dust and the unfinished and ugly look of a construction site for a longer period of time? It just makes no sense.

From the way the pictures look it actually seems to be right in line with the way Shea came down last year where they were dismantling the lower sections along with the loge areas up to the press boxes. I say by the start of next year in about 2 weeks you will see them really progresseing with the removal of the upper deck. With the pace I've seen them on would I say with the exception of the front gate area which is under consideration to be preserved, you will see most if not all of the stadium gone by March.

Comment

• Originally posted by mbme4 View Post
                            Will they sell the bricks from the outside Facade of the stadium I wonder....? That's a piece of the "original" stadium that I want.
                            The facade is poured concrete. There are no bricks.

Comment

• 26 Time World Champions

Did anyone ever get an answer to where this sign went? Who was the highest bidder?

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by locke40 View Post
                                Did anyone ever get an answer to where this sign went? Who was the highest bidder?

I think they just threw it out. It's out of date, y'know... the Yankees have now won 27 World Championships, so who's gonna want a sign that says they only won 26?????
                                X
                                What's THAT guy doing?
                                - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X