Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    I think they just threw it out. It's out of date, y'know... the Yankees have now won 27 World Championships, so who's gonna want a sign that says they only won 26?????
    Wait, the Yankees won 27??

((sarcasm))

Comment

• Originally posted by David Atkatz View Post
      The facade is poured concrete. There are no bricks.
      I wondered.... Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by locke40 View Post
        Did anyone ever get an answer to where this sign went? Who was the highest bidder?

I've been looking out for that...it hasn't appeared in any of their auction yet, but I'm sure it will fetch a hefty price.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
          Okay... here's something that I think will be relevant to this thread...

As Yankee Stadium "shrinks" in size, much the way Shea Stadium did, I wonder if the black protective netting surrounding the facility...

(Photo taken August 11, 2009. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

...will be removed piecemeal, or will it remain as is until the entire place is gone?

I'm thinking from a photographers' perspective, although the above day shot doesn't appear to be that bad, you can still see everything... the blue wooden fence might be more of an impediment to getting good street-level shots of the final piece coming down.

Wonder if, as the moment gets closer, we'll be able to get accurate reports as to when the actual last piece will fall. I was glad to be able to capture Shea's final moments, and I'd like to be able to do the same in the Bronx.
          I asked someone on site about the schedule for the bleacher walls coming down, since that would allow us to see inside from the el, and I was told that the scaffolding would still be up. I guess the netting stays up til the end to keep the flying dust to a minimum. That would also explain the guys with the hoses spraying down the piles of rubble.
          Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Monument View Post
            I asked someone on site about the schedule for the bleacher walls coming down, since that would allow us to see inside from the el, and I was told that the scaffolding would still be up. I guess the netting stays up til the end to keep the flying dust to a minimum. That would also explain the guys with the hoses spraying down the piles of rubble.
            Yea all that concrete and dust is old and has some very fine and potentially toxic materials in them, plus that material can pit glass windows and damage other stuff, so they need to keep the dust to a bare minimum since Yankee stadium virtually sits adjacent a residential neighborhood.

Comment

• The perspective of Gary's photo above almost gives the illusion that the upper deck is partially dismantled.

FYI Tom Kaminsky at WCBS has some new snow photos up. http://www.wcbs880.com/Snowy-Yankee-...1-2009/5945153

Comment

• Originally posted by Aviator_Frank View Post
                The perspective of Gary's photo above almost gives the illusion that the upper deck is partially dismantled.

FYI Tom Kaminsky at WCBS has some new snow photos up. http://www.wcbs880.com/Snowy-Yankee-...1-2009/5945153
                No WONDER WCBS doesn't want their images up on here:

http://www.wcbs880.com/pages/5945153...=1596793#imgXR

They can't even get their captions straight - That's not Gate 6!
                RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Monument View Post
                  With nothing to brace it, you can see a strong gust toppling that scaffolding over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Vaz View Post
                    Yea all that concrete and dust is old and has some very fine and potentially toxic materials in them, plus that material can pit glass windows and damage other stuff, so they need to keep the dust to a bare minimum since Yankee stadium virtually sits adjacent a residential neighborhood.
                    I am not convinced that the netting is fine enough to keep in toxic dust particles . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeDOYS View Post
                      No chance will it be gone by april. Ill say this time next year at the earliest.
                      According to the parks website, it will be Summer 2010:

http://www.nycgovparks.org/sub_your_....html#schedule

Comment

• Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post

Nobody would visit the WCBS website if they didnt have these helicopter pictures...

Travis Lusk is the guy in charge, he is a very rude individual...
                        www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeDOYS View Post
                          Nobody would visit the WCBS website if they didnt have these helicopter pictures...
                          And no one would go to Yankee Stadium if they didn't play baseball there.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post

LOL, i pointed that out to Mr. Lusk this morning and the caption has since been changed. He did not even respond with a thank you.
                            www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• This has been posted here a few times, originally by JoeDOYS (from edogisgod on Flickr), but resized to fit the whole screen. Makes for a good, but painful wallpaper for the screen. I too wish the WCBS shots were larger. Maybe they're saving the hi-res images for a book

Comment

• Looks like the potato chip girl has the last say...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X