No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how about that demolition of yankee stadium.
    I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee - Joe Dimaggio

Comment

• Has anybody heard exactly what became of the flag ploe and the weathervain?

Comment

• Originally posted by frank72 View Post
        Has anybody heard exactly what became of the flag ploe and the weathervain?
        Craig Sager had "the bat" in his hands during one of the LDS broadcasts.
        No one can make you
        Do what they want to
        You know you're stronger
        Than the lies
        That they tell you

Comment

• Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post
          Craig Sager had "the bat" in his hands during one of the LDS broadcasts.
          I remember that- the thing was huge... so large that in no way could it have been the actual bat that Gehrig used like it was said to be by Michael Kay among others
          sigpic

Comment

• And now for something completely different... new pictures!

A zoom-lens view of the exterior where the "Y" and "A" from "YANKEE STADIUM" used to be...

(Photo taken January 2, 2010. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

A view across the street from the Gate 4 escalator bank... notice that they never bothered to update the "26 World Championships" sign...

(Photo taken January 2, 2010. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

Finally, a widescreen view aligned directly behind home plate... notice the Ruppert Plaza Garage, where the players' parking lot used to be...

In further demolition-related news... calm down, nothing to get excited about... they've closed off the entire walkway along the Yankee Stadium side of River Avenue at 157th Street, everyone now has to walk on the side with Stan's, &c....

Also, they've put up a new chain link fence between the Advance Ticket Windows and Ruppert Place...

...and in fact, Ruppert Place itself is now fenced off, there's just a small covered walkway available for pedestrians.

Here's a link to all my photos from January 2 - all 32 of 'em, the first of the new year... the first of the new decade... so click 'n enjoy.

(Anyone complaining that the new decade doesn't begin until 2011: YOU go up to the Bronx and freeze your a$$ off taking pictures in this kind of weather... THEN we'll talk about which decade your pictures belong to.)
            X
            What's THAT guy doing?
            - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• excellent photos as always Gary. I know everyone here appreciates the updates. By any chance, did you pass by NYS and snap any photos? I was on the 4 train last week and saw some kind of "construction" in front to the team store/Hard Rock entrance, but couldn't make out what was going on down there. It was pretty cool seeing the annual Xmas tree on the infield though.

Comment

• I just want you to know, Gary, that I reported you for those inappropriate on-topic posts of yours. 'Samatterwithyou?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aviator_Frank View Post
                  I just want you to know, Gary, that I reported you for those inappropriate on-topic posts of yours. 'Samatterwithyou?
                  LOL! There are 169 pages in this thread and I'll bet at least 150 of them have nothing to do with the demolition.
                  Vintage Photos of Detroit Ballparks:
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/doctor_gogol/sets/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/

Comment

• Dear Gary,

Thank you for your usual top notch updated photos.

Just out of curiosity, what happened to your caricature by your name? I thought it was neat. I understand the message of a sobbing or embarrassed Mr. Met.

-Mike Wagner

Comment

• Thanks for the pix Gary. It stinks that we can't snap any thru the hole in the fence at the old RF bullpen anymore. It was just big enough for a digital camera to peek through.
                      Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

• As Always Gary....great photos. I need to get there myself soon. By the way, My current wallpaper is a shot I took directly behind home plane...wide angle during a game in late May. It's a great shot, save for a pile driver sticking up like a sore thumb. But the stadium is not obscured by fencing yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankee1965 View Post
                          As Always Gary....great photos. I need to get there myself soon. By the way, My current wallpaper is a shot I took directly behind home plane...wide angle during a game in late May. It's a great shot, save for a pile driver sticking up like a sore thumb. But the stadium is not obscured by fencing yet.
                          Do you mind posting the photo? I may be able to photoshop the pile driver out of there. I'm also looking for a new wallpaper, and yours sounds cool.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Gary, as always, thank you for the excellent photos! :applaud::applaud:

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Wagner View Post
                              Just out of curiosity, what happened to your caricature by your name? I thought it was neat.
                              I just felt like changing it. Certainly no disrespect intended to the great cartoonist Tom Beland, whose work I'm a huge fan of.
                              X
                              What's THAT guy doing?
                              - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Originally posted by locke40 View Post
                                Do you mind posting the photo? I may be able to photoshop the pile driver out of there. I'm also looking for a new wallpaper, and yours sounds cool.
                                Here Ya Go Locke40. I tried to photoshop the pile driver out of the pic as well. I was...ok at best. Good luck. If you would please repost the photoshopped pic.

BTW, The original pic is about 3mb. I had to reduce it to 1MB to fit the attachment limit.

Thanks!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X