Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maxlugar View Post
    You should photoshop IN some Model T's. Looks very much like that angle from the famous 1923 opening day shot.
    I was trying to go for that angle actually. Good Eye. It's almost spot on...except I'm a little closer than the original shot in 1923, and maybe a bit to the left. Prior to last spring you couldn't get a clear shot from that perspective because there was a line of trees along the player's parking lot fence....preventing a clear shot of the stadium. To get a clear shot near that perspective you would've had to be standing in the parking lot just to the right of E157th. I think Gary got a shot from that spot...

Comment

• Here is another version of Yankee1965's photo, with the lightpost shopped out of there. That 1938 date behind the light proved to be quite tricky! Besides shopping the Model-T's in there, any other suggestions? Also, if someone wants any other photo tweaked in any way, let me know. I enjoy this stuff!

Yankee Stadium - Revised 2.jpg
      sigpic

Comment

• any new pictures? its been a while since weve seen any.. i would bet that some of the upper deck is starting to come down by now

Comment

• Originally posted by The Monument View Post
          I've heard that Newsday was not authorized to publish the photos that it ran in the paper and they may be in some legal trouble.
          The only "legal trouble" they could incur is a judgment for monetary damages. Seriously, how would either The Yankees or The City of New York (I am not sure who presently owns old Yankee Stadium) be damaged by the publication of a partially delapidated stadium that is in the throes of active demolition?

When the USFL won its law suit against The NFL many years ago, the damage award it received was literally $1.00, which was trebled to $3.00!:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...spective_x.htm

Comment

• NYC owns the Stadium. The Yankees have nothing to do with it. I'm not sure who owns the rights to the photographic images, but Newsday ran those photos without permission. You need permission from somebody--again, I'm not sure who. But that may explain why we never see any pix from inside, only aerial shots or fan photos when the gates are open.
            Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

NYC owns the Stadium. The Yankees have nothing to do with it. I'm not sure who owns the rights to the photographic images, but Newsday ran those photos without permission. You need permission from somebody--again, I'm not sure who. But that may explain why we never see any pix from inside, only aerial shots or fan photos when the gates are open.
              TECHNICALLY, no, they don't need permission, for two reasons:

1. Photography has been upheld as freedom of expression. Even if a photographer, say, hops a fence and takes photographs of a building, but security catches him, they reserve the right to kick him off of the premises, but not take his camera/photos or demand they be deleted, as they are his property. You see this even at Yankee Stadium- Video Camera's haven't been allowed in for a while, and all security can do is tell you to put it away.
              2. Freedom of the press- clearly this isn't an issue of national security or libel, so there are no grounds to press legal action, and the paper is protected under the First Amendment.

Comment

• Originally posted by trueblue9441 View Post
                any new pictures? its been a while since weve seen any.. i would bet that some of the upper deck is starting to come down by now
                It's only been four days since I posted my shots from Saturday! Patience, my boy, patience... not even *I* can get up there as often as I'd like...
                X
                What's THAT guy doing?
                - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

NYC owns the Stadium. The Yankees have nothing to do with it. I'm not sure who owns the rights to the photographic images, but Newsday ran those photos without permission. You need permission from somebody--again, I'm not sure who. But that may explain why we never see any pix from inside, only aerial shots or fan photos when the gates are open.
                  from Homeland Insecurity???
                  RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• The Yankees are destroying an historical landmark and they want to document as little of this as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by scooterfan View Post
                      The Yankees are destroying an historical landmark and they want to document as little of this as possible.
                      Bingo.....
                      Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

• Originally posted by scooterfan View Post
                        The Yankees are destroying an historical landmark and they want to document as little of this as possible.
                        The city owns the ballpark, they are tearing it down, not the Yankees.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach Bombay View Post
                          The city owns the ballpark, they are tearing it down, not the Yankees.
                          Bingo.....

Comment

• I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
                            - Walt Whitman

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob R View Post
                              Bingo.....
                              Yeah, the city decided the team should move to a facsimile of the historic stadium .... riiiiight!
                              Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strawman View Post
                                Yeah, the city decided the team should move to a facsimile of the historic stadium .... riiiiight!
                                What's that have to do with NYC being responsible for tearing down the stadium other than your taking yet another pot shot at the Yanks?

You seem to be overcome with a delightful sense of schadenfreude as Yankee Stadium is taken apart slowly, bit by bit. I sense that you couldn't care less about the Yankees, their stadium, their fans, and their place in baseball history. Admit it, you're loving it; it's all Mets fans have right now - perceived Yankee fan hurt and pain. It's pure schadenfreude, and a classic case of it. I'm so damn perceptive. arent' I?!

I'd be more concerned with that advertising billboard monstrosity that doubles as a ballpark in Flushing and the crappy, mismanaged team that it houses if I were you. Talk about a complete, utter embarrassment to NYC (even if the Mets are really a L.I. team in heart, soul and fanbase)...

Oh well, I suppose this is how some Met fans deal with their misery and continuous disappointments.
                                Last edited by Rob R; 01-09-2010, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X