No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demos to tide us over until the next update.

Comment

• To support my "Mets organization is garbage" statement...i had a lot of yard work to do so i couldnt devote the time earlier.

1. They have won 2 championships in almost 50 years being a part of MLB.

2. Year after year the team disappoints their fans with lackluster play.

3. The front office never makes a push to make their ballclub a championship caliber one. They go with loads of B and C level talent and cross their fingers for something good to happen.

4. The ownership would rather hand their money over to a guy like Bernie Madoff instead of reinvesting it in the team.

5. The new stadium is more of a tribute to a team that left town half a decade ago.

6. Their colors are orange and blue.

This isnt an attack on the fanbase, in fact i commend you all for staying so loyal to a team so crappy.
      www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeDOYS View Post
        To support my "Mets organization is garbage" statement...i had a lot of yard work to do so i couldnt devote the time earlier.

3. The front office never makes a push to make their ballclub a championship caliber one. They go with loads of B and C level talent and cross their fingers for something good to happen.

4. The ownership would rather hand their money over to a guy like Bernie Madoff instead of reinvesting it in the team.

5. The new stadium is more of a tribute to a team that left town half a decade ago.

This isnt an attack on the fanbase, in fact i commend you all for staying so loyal to a team so crappy.
        1. They won 2 of the most memorable championships of all time. I'd take those 2 over any one you buy year after year.

2. I wouldn't say year after year. 2006 was hella fun, 1999 and 2000 were great, but in my heart of hearts, I like a few winning seasons in a while. If they keep winning, what fun is that?

3. Johan Santana? Carlos Beltran? If Omar does one thing right, it is a big splash.

4. Sports is business. You make bad investments. S**t happens.

5. Citi Field is a terrific baseball experience. I appreciate what the Dodgers have done, if there were no Mets, I'd be rooting for the bums.

6. And your point? You prefer pink and purple?

Comment

• ^Agreed except Yankees buying championships. No we did not buy them, we earned them. Otherwise we'd be sitting on pool of Commissioner's Trophy by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Korean View Post
            ^Agreed except Yankees buying championships. No we did not buy them, we earned them. Otherwise we'd be sitting on pool of Commissioner's Trophy by now.
            Maybe not "bought" per se, but the payroll helps alot. Not saying the Mets don't shell out the :flow::flow::flow::flow: as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by scooterfan View Post
              If you were to compare a baseball game from 1986 to 2006 you would notice a more significant change in the game compared to 1946/1966.
              Huh? The biggest change that had the biggest impact the sport has ever seen happened between 1946-1966. We're talking about how the game is played, how much greater competition became and records prior to 1947 having less meaning, etc, etc.

1946 and before

1947-1966

Comment

Gotta do what you gotta do when big companies dont like the small guys taking their web traffic.

The 1.5k visitors daily seem to be okay with the content. Its a feed of info, thats all...and im far too scared to travel into the south bronx alone in the winter to take my own pictures.
                And...I separate my my critique of your "Mets garbage" comment from my critique of your DoYS site: Although the pictures are sad to look at, it remains a great retrospective. Keep 'em coming!
                RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• wow so how bout that demolition of yankee stadium. please people stay on topic
                  I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee - Joe Dimaggio

Comment

• Originally posted by genop View Post
                    wow so how bout that demolition of yankee stadium. please people stay on topic
                    Yeah, it's less a critique of the Mets than a thread hijack. One of the inevitable side effects of a lack of pictures.

Comment

To support my "Mets organization is garbage" statement...i had a lot of yard work to do so i couldnt devote the time earlier.

Chill out man your gonna get suspended trust me. It's not worth it just let it go.
                      Ballparks, Stadiums, & Green Diamonds Died In '08

Comment

The Dodgers moved in 2005? How'd I miss that?

Comment

• Originally posted by tugger View Post
                          The Dodgers moved in 2005? How'd I miss that?
                          half a decade, half a century, close enough!

Comment

JoeDoys- can you come up with 6 reasons why the Yanks have won 1 world series title in the last 9 years for a dismal 11% success rate? Number six would be the team colors I presume.I apologize in advance to the rest of you for going off topic in this thread with few demolition photos.

Comment

• Yankee Stadium Frieze

I am part of a group that is starting a Brewery to be located in the South Bronx. One of our design labels for our Hefeweizen beer has the Yankee Stadium Frieze on the top of the label.

Does anyone know if we could run into issues with the yankees on this. Do they have it trademarked?

See attached label fo the Mother Hefe'n Bronx.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Twinkdogs View Post
                                I am part of a group that is starting a Brewery to be located in the South Bronx. One of our design labels for our Hefeweizen beer has the Yankee Stadium Frieze on the top of the label.

Does anyone know if we could run into issues with the yankees on this. Do they have it trademarked?

See attached label fo the Mother Hefe'n Bronx.
                                Yes, it is 100% trademarked. The only other organization/company (other than the Yankees) allowed to use the frieze is Modell's. You will not be allowed to use it.
                                Last edited by locke40; 01-25-2010, 06:40 AM. Reason: NYS
                                sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X