No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This METS fan now fully supports any and all efforts to save gate 2. I would gladly buy a 'brick' if it helped.

Comment

• $10 million from bricks? how much are they going for $10,000 a piece?

time to move on...
      the turd in the punchbowl
      reality really sucks.
      enjoy the game more...

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul W View Post
        $10 million from bricks? how much are they going for $10,000 a piece?

time to move on...
        So, you only think they will sell 1,000 bricks??
        sigpic

Comment

• Those renderings are great! You could turn the new enclosed space into a nice little museum; some artifacts or pictures showing what you would be looking at if the stadium were still there. You can count me in for a brick too, if this plan goes through :crossfingers:.
          ..."I might have been given a bad break, but I've got an awful lot to live for."

Comment

• Great renderings of Gate 2. This, IMO, is the LEAST the Bronx and the Yankees can do to commemorate the old park. How short-sighted the borough and the team are. This sight could be a true tourist destination, bringing in tax $$ year round to help further renovate the area (in the off-season, and when the team is away on a road trip). Otherwise, there is little other reason for a tourist to venture to the Bronx unless they have tickets to a game. This could be accomplished without sacrificing any of the promised open-space or parkland.

IMO, failing to save at least gate 2 will haunt the borough and the city in decades to come. A "what were they thinking" in line with the Penn Station demolition.
            Last edited by Mario Mendoza...HOF Lock; 01-26-2010, 05:11 PM. Reason: furthur or further? OK, furthur was the deadhead festival.

Comment

• How about giving the land back that you took away from your "neighbors"?

Comment

• Originally posted by mets16 View Post
                How about giving the land back that you took away from your "neighbors"?
                To be fair, some Mets fans (not you) like to talk about giving park land back to the neighborhood at YS, then they turn around and want the Mets to take over Willets Pt when it legally is owned by others.

Comment

• Originally posted by mandrake View Post
                  To be fair, some Mets fans (not you) like to talk about giving park land back to the neighborhood at YS, then they turn around and want the Mets to take over Willets Pt when it legally is owned by others.
                  Well, those are two completely different things. A waste of space (Gate 2, heritage park) vs. something that will drive people away. The city gave the Willets Pt. people time to bring their places up to par for the past 2 decades, and they sit stubborn with a huge black eye for the city. I don't agree with forcing business away from people, but it needs to be done to further develop the area. It has been done in Washington, Baltimore, etc.

Comment

• Dear Friends,

A lot of thought about the Bronx Community, the Yankees, Yankee Stadium, and New York City went into saving Gate 2. Intelligent people who care about all of these vital elements are fighting to save this priceless icon.

New York City should realize this. Our hearts and souls are in this project for all the right reasons. That's what led to Rick Kaplan's BEAUTIFUL renderings.

It's a crying shame the people in power don't seem to care about the proud history Yankee Stadium has brought to the Bronx and New York City. We certainly do. With Gate 2 as a monument, this park will be the proudest park in the Bronx, and one of the most well known and visited in the nation.

_Mike Wagner

Comment

Well, those are two completely different things. A waste of space (Gate 2, heritage park) vs. something that will drive people away. The city gave the Willets Pt. people time to bring their places up to par for the past 2 decades, and they sit stubborn with a huge black eye for the city. I don't agree with forcing business away from people, but it needs to be done to further develop the area. It has been done in Washington, Baltimore, etc.
                      What you call a "waste of space" is not a waste of space to many people who actually spent countless hours in old YS (in addition to their fathers, and THEIR fathers, and possibly THEIR fathers). And it would not be a waste of space to their kids, and THEIR kids, and THEIR kids, and......

I bet they would say to this generation "thank you for saving something".

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeDOYS View Post
                        To support my "Mets organization is garbage" statement...i had a lot of yard work to do so i couldnt devote the time earlier.

1. They have won 2 championships in almost 50 years being a part of MLB.

2. Year after year the team disappoints their fans with lackluster play.

3. The front office never makes a push to make their ballclub a championship caliber one. They go with loads of B and C level talent and cross their fingers for something good to happen.

4. The ownership would rather hand their money over to a guy like Bernie Madoff instead of reinvesting it in the team.

5. The new stadium is more of a tribute to a team that left town half a decade ago.

6. Their colors are orange and blue.

This isnt an attack on the fanbase, in fact i commend you all for staying so loyal to a team so crappy.
                        If you're a Knicks fan that is the best contradiction I have ever seen.

And I never knew that the Dodgers left Brooklyn 5 years ago!

You're an awful troll.
                        Last edited by Dekabreak; 01-26-2010, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• 'waste of space'?

Absolutely not! Saving gate two on a mere sliver of land establishes for evermore EXACTLY where OYS was in relation to the plot of land for heritage park. It places EVERYTHING in perspective, including NYS. In addition, for those with the heart and imagination, one can close their eyes while walking through and imagine, or for the lucky among us, relive, the experience of entering into OYS as if it were still physically there. I say 'physically' because in our hearts it will always remain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dekabreak View Post
                            If you're a Knicks fan that is the best contradiction I have ever seen.

And I never knew that the Dodgers left Brooklyn 5 years ago!

You're an awful troll.
                            I tore up my knicks fan membership card when they traded away pat ewing. And i was drinking when i made that post, i was confusing decade with century...should have been obvious, i guess not to you though.

Troll? Not very nice to talk that way about your mother.
                            www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• It's a great idea, and I hope the people who have the power to save it get to see this plan and agree. It barely takes any park space away and it becomes a true monument paying tribute to OYS and part of America's past.

Comment

Talk about being inconsistent. You complain about parkland, yet you're perfectly fine with forcing people and their business's to the street? That my friend is hypocrisy. You are clearly showing your bias.
                                Last edited by Coach Bombay; 01-26-2010, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X