Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cringey View Post
    Where about is that? Left field Gate 2 area?

It seems they marked off the whole right section with "STAY" in red.
    Looks to be right behind home plate. See the section numbers 3, 1 and 2 (from left to right ) on the posts? Those big girders are likely from the luxury boxes that were there.
    First Game- Twinight DH, Mets vs. Cards at Shea, August 22, 1965

Comment

• Originally posted by CHiller View Post
      Looks to be right behind home plate. See the section numbers 3, 1 and 2 (from left to right ) on the posts? Those big girders are likely from the luxury boxes that were there.
      I believe that thats right behind home plate. Those big girders would be the press box.
      sigpic

Comment

• Ahh okay then the STAY must not mean anything for that area...
        ------------
        I have been to:

Citi Field, Shea, NYS, RYS, PNC, Fenway, AT&T, CBP, Rangers Ballpark, Minute Maid Park, Wrigley, Dodger Stadium, Angel Stadium of Anaheim, PETCO Park, Coors, Chase Field, Turner, Miami, [email protected], U.S.F., Comerica, Nationals Park, GABP, Progressive, Trop, Miller, Oakland-A C., Dolphin, RFK, Olympic Stadium, Metrodome

Comment

• Evidently these are the folks handling the demo. I wonder if they'd put up photos on their site. Breeze (Shea) never did.

http://www.mazzocchiwrecking.com

Comment

• that cantilever is more impressive now than ever before

Comment

• Originally posted by soup View Post
              that cantilever is more impressive now than ever before
              I was thinking the same thing.... I'd be somewhat afraid to be under it when they are plucking stuff out from below. It's like Jenga in there....
              20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aviator_Frank View Post
                Evidently these are the folks handling the demo. I wonder if they'd put up photos on their site. Breeze (Shea) never did.

http://www.mazzocchiwrecking.com
                They are gonna demolish Devils new arena...what?

Comment

• Originally posted by dstoffa View Post
                  I cannot speak for St Louis nor Washington DC, but the GasLamp District in San Diego has stuff going on all year, especially with the Convention Center right across Harbor Drive. It's busy on game days.
                  what about non game days? does the convention center make a difference in "winter"? as much as san diego gets winter weather...
                  in non-temperate weather areas (midwest, northeast) these developments don't merit the outlay of public funds since they cannot attract customers year-round.
                  the turd in the punchbowl
                  reality really sucks.
                  enjoy the game more...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Korean View Post
                    They are gonna demolish Devils new arena...what?
                    Yeah, I saw that too. Kinda a bit too soon I think...
                    ------------
                    I have been to:

Citi Field, Shea, NYS, RYS, PNC, Fenway, AT&T, CBP, Rangers Ballpark, Minute Maid Park, Wrigley, Dodger Stadium, Angel Stadium of Anaheim, PETCO Park, Coors, Chase Field, Turner, Miami, [email protected], U.S.F., Comerica, Nationals Park, GABP, Progressive, Trop, Miller, Oakland-A C., Dolphin, RFK, Olympic Stadium, Metrodome

Comment

• Originally posted by cringey View Post
                      Yeah, I saw that too. Kinda a bit too soon I think...
                      that's gotta be old, they probably demo'd the area for the new arena to be built, what ever was over there originally
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul W View Post
                        what about non game days? does the convention center make a difference in "winter"? as much as san diego gets winter weather...
                        in non-temperate weather areas (midwest, northeast) these developments don't merit the outlay of public funds since they cannot attract customers year-round.
                        There is a decent amount of foot traffic in the gas lamp on non-game days. The convention center makes sure of it. It is by no means a ghost town when the Padres aren't playing.

San Diego has a great climate. I never complain when the job sends me to San Diego. I just wish that the Padres or Chargers would be in town when I go....
                        20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Comment

• now that the demo is reaching the upper deck, the white underside siding is coming down - the old ramps and concourse should come into view...
                          the turd in the punchbowl
                          reality really sucks.
                          enjoy the game more...

Comment

• Before & After (& Before Again)

Here's how Section 2 looked JUST over 15 months ago & then today in the second photo. I was fortunate enough to sit there several times over the years, including the Final Opening Day in 2008 (photo #3).

They were great seats!
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by RichieA13; 01-28-2010, 05:06 AM.
                            ------------------------------------------
                            www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
                            www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
                            www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

------------------------------------------

Comment

• this is sad

Comment

• Mazzachi documents everything on video and with cameras, especially a showpiece job like this. They have done quite a few different jobs around the tristate area, some quite significant.

I bet they have some key points on the job filmed. They are known for having this device called the LRD that can rip things down. It has a tremendous reach for a ground vehicle. I believe they own (2) of them.

I don't have anything to do with that business or construction, but I just came across people that did.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X