Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trueblue9441 View Post
    pictures anyone?
    The only pictures we've got so far of the left field escalator tower coming down are the ones from WCBS that were posted earlier in this thread.

PepperGamesAllowed, I think I speak for everyone here in saying that we'd still like to see the picture your nephew sent.
    X
    What's THAT guy doing?
    - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• I was hoping to get pix and video from 161st St and the el, but it was too damned cold today. Plus, I have car probs.
      Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

• Union City High School

Guess the idea caught on a few years ago, incorporating Roosevelt Stadiuim into the new high school.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrafZeppelin127 View Post
          "Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves. ... And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed." - New York Times editorial, October 1963, as the jackhammers pierced the granite of Penn Station.
          penn station was not just a "monument" it was a working part of the city.
          gate 2 is a "monument" only.
          the turd in the punchbowl
          reality really sucks.
          enjoy the game more...

Comment

• 36 hours since word came that the outside of Yankee Stadium was coming down and still no pictures.

Shameful.

Comment

• Yankee Stadium was the first of the NYC area outdoor stadiums to host it's last game.

Will it be the last to come down?

The race is on!

Comment

• Meadowlands

My bet is on giants stadium being down first. Over/Under Giants Stadium is down 2 months before yankee stadium? could be a long shot but lets see.

Comment

• [QUOTE=JohnCropp;1685561]Yankee Stadium was the first of the NYC area outdoor stadiums to host it's last game.

Looks like they are starting in the Jimmy Hoffa section of the stadium....

Dennis
                  BrooklynDodger14

Comment

• anyone know if giants stadium will be imploded? i know its literally right on top of the new one, so i kinda doubt it but you never know. but yes, i think giants stadium will be fully down before yankee stadium will be

Comment

• Originally posted by yankies4life View Post
                      anyone know if giants stadium will be imploded? i know its literally right on top of the new one, so i kinda doubt it but you never know. but yes, i think giants stadium will be fully down before yankee stadium will be

I think it's against the law in New Jersey as well, so it seems as though it will come down like Shea and Yankee Stadium

Comment

• I have a question:

Was there some reason why the new Yankee Stadium couldn't have been built on the site of the Polo Grounds?

Never mind- I answered it myself. There was nothing on the site of the new stadium.
                        Last edited by doctor_gogol; 01-30-2010, 04:43 AM.
                        Vintage Photos of Detroit Ballparks:
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/doctor_gogol/sets/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/

Comment

• Originally posted by doctor_gogol View Post
                          I have a question:

Was there some reason why the new Yankee Stadium couldn't have been built on the site of the Polo Grounds?

Never mind- I answered it myself. There was nothing on the site of the new stadium.
                          That and there's something on the site of the Polo Grounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnCropp View Post
                            That and there's something on the site of the Polo Grounds.

Yes, and I'm sure the Polo Grounds Towers will someday be marked for preservation as an example of classic New York housing project architecture.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnCropp View Post
                              Yankee Stadium was the first of the NYC area outdoor stadiums to host it's last game.

The race is on!
                              I thought they were going to leave giants stadium up for a few years? Guess Not.

Comment

• Unlike Yankee Stadium, the new Meadowlands is only 50 ft away from Giants stadium so they will want it down pretty quickly. Old Yankee stadium in many ways is isolated away in the block it inhabits so they can take there time demolishing it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X