Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnCropp View Post
    36 hours since word came that the outside of Yankee Stadium was coming down and still no pictures.

Shameful.
    Its freezing. NO ONE wants to trek up to the Bronx to take some pictures of a closed stadium that most likely, they wont be able to see into at all.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MarcianoNY View Post
      Yes, and I'm sure the Polo Grounds Towers will someday be marked for preservation as an example of classic New York housing project architecture.
      Or an example of socio-political ineptitude. But that's for another forum:cap:

Comment

36 hours since word came that the outside of Yankee Stadium was coming down and still no pictures.

Shameful.
        One of those awful looking pods is coming down, as seen in the helicopter pictures. Not really a big deal. If it werent 14 degrees this weekend id go and take pictures but i dont have that sort of motivation this time of year.
        www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• .................................................. ...........
          Last edited by baseballman1243; 01-30-2010, 11:11 AM.
          Ballparks, Stadiums, & Green Diamonds Died In '08

Comment

PepperGamesAllowed's original report ("They started to take down the outside of the stadium this morning. My nephew works for the Yankees and just sent me a pic from his cell phone.") (link), didn't live up to expectations, because he later posted that the part coming down was the left field escalator bank (link), and we already have photos of that from WCBS (link).

Based on those WCBS photos, the side facing the field was the first to meet the wrecking ball, so apart from the mere fact that they'd exist, I don't know how "dramatic" any view from the street would be.

On the other hand, those photos from WCBS were posted January 22 - over a week ago - and I'm pretty sure that there's been progress since then, cold weather notwithstanding...
            X
            What's THAT guy doing?
            - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• From the top of the parking deck. The old lady is veiled in black...awaiting the inevitable.

jepiperphotography/flickr
              Last edited by Mario Mendoza...HOF Lock; 01-30-2010, 08:05 PM. Reason: credits

Comment

• http://www.demolitionofyankeestadium...lition-images/
                www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• A little close to gate 2 boys
                  Ballparks, Stadiums, & Green Diamonds Died In '08

Comment

• Originally posted by baseballman1243 View Post
                    A little close to gate 2 boys
                    looks like they're being pretty careful around the gate
                    sigpic

Comment

• ^Now that's a demolition I won't cry over. Anything from the 70's renovation can go (except the outfield fascade).

Comment

• Originally posted by Mario Mendoza...HOF Lock View Post
                        Anything from the 70's renovation can go (except the outfield fascade).
                        Which is already gone.
                        X
                        What's THAT guy doing?
                        - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                          Which is already gone.
                          Yep

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• I thought the pod in left was one of the few things they got right in the renovation.

Comment

• Originally posted by tugger View Post
                              I thought the pod in left was one of the few things they got right in the renovation.
                              As architecture, it wasn't bad. But it contrasted too much with the stadium exterior, IMO. But I doubt it alone had much to to with fans' dislike of the renovations. The removal of the frieze and the posts pretty much killed the charm of the park. Blue padding all around the park didn't help.

Comment

• Originally posted by boisemarinersfan View Post
                                I thought they were going to leave giants stadium up for a few years? Guess Not.
                                It was scheduled to be down late jan/early Feb but up until 2 weeks ago there was a chance the Jets could host the AFC Championship Game so they got a late start taking all the seats and other items out of the Stadium before the demolition. It will be a new parking lot w/in a few months and it will be down before Yankee Stadium.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X