Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeDOYS View Post
    I think this is so slow going and meticulous because the people in charge dont want a disaster on their hands. Taking apart Yankee Stadium is along the same lines as taking apart a suspension bridge piece by piece, except this bridge is right next to apartment buildings.
    Oh I agree. But they could still be doing their very tricky work without the outfield wall there. I guess we'll know soon enough. Maybe if they are gonna drop the upper deck, they figure the outfield wall would protect against major rubble... Either way, I do hope they are filming every aspect of this for some kind of documentary.
    Fake Yankee stadium Fail!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maxlugar View Post
      Oh I agree. But they could still be doing their very tricky work without the outfield wall there. I guess we'll know soon enough. Maybe if they are gonna drop the upper deck, they figure the outfield wall would protect against major rubble... Either way, I do hope they are filming every aspect of this for some kind of documentary.
      The OF/bleacher walls serve the same purpose as the black screens they installed around the perimeter of the Stadium (if not better!). I would hazzard a guess that they will be some of the final parts of the Stadium to be razed for just that reason. They will help to contain the dust & debris from drifiting over River Avenue & beyond. Besides, they will probably be the EASIEST part of the structure to demolish, due to the fact that there isn't anything hanging over them, nor any offices or other structures contained in them that look to be very difficult to demolish. Then again, I do not work in the demolition field, so that's just the opinion of someone who doesn't do this for a living.
      ------------------------------------------
      www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
      www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
      www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

------------------------------------------

Comment

• new pics of the stadium demo on wcbs880.com, nothing different from Gary's update, just over head shots of the Gate 2 escalator tower coming down

http://www.wcbs880.com/pages/6266800.php
        sigpic

Comment

• We can see through to the UP concourse and the mechanical level.

Also, there is some damage to one of the rectangular windows on Gate 2.
          No one can make you
          Do what they want to
          You know you're stronger
          Than the lies
          That they tell you

Comment

• If you look at those WCBS photos you can see some of the side paneling from the upper deck has been removed. You can see some of the structure behind it. Take a look from the angle that doesn't show Gate 2.

Comment

• Pictures remind me of this.

Comment

• - REMOVED - Link already posted -
                Last edited by islandxtreme26; 02-02-2010, 06:26 PM.
                http://www.twitter.com/chrisswann26

My Citi Field & Shea Gallery - 27 Albums - 3,091 pictures - 15 videos
                Citi Field Interior Construction Pics, Citi Field Game Pics, Shea Demolition Pics
                http://community.webshots.com/user/islandxtreme26

Comment

• I have photos from today on my cell phone that I have on photobucket. Trying to post. Not working. Any "posting for idiots" suggestions?

I pasted above this "add a picture" [IMG]http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l11/redmills/?action=view&current=yankee5.jpg&newest=1
                  Last edited by 410 FT; 02-03-2010, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 410 FT View Post
                    I have photos from today on my cell phone that I have on photobucket. Trying to post. Not working. Any "posting for idiots" suggestions?

I pasted above this "add a picture" [IMG]http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l11/redmills/?action=view&current=yankee5.jpg&newest=1
                    Go to the image and their should be links under "Share This Image". Copy that one that says IMG Code and paste it into your post.
                    Ballparks, Stadiums, & Green Diamonds Died In '08

Comment

• This is from a cell phone 2/3/2010 161st st 1200 hrs

Comment

• OK I think I got the hang of it. Which means daily photos(from a Mets fan!!!!!) Which means two things(1) Not Gary D.quality-was that Gary standing next to me today? and (2) I saw a METSasaurus Rex:

Comment

• If Shea came down,your coming with us!!!!! tear 'em up METSasaurus REX!!!!

Comment

• For baseballman1243,who taught me how:

Comment

• I need more cowbell,....I mean peephole:

Comment

• from the north side of 161

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X