No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomorrows episode:The mystery of the spray painted "x's"(and what do they mean!??).

Comment

• Secret concourse can be revealed with the right shot!
      Ballparks, Stadiums, & Green Diamonds Died In '08

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Vaz View Post
        Unlike Yankee Stadium, the new Meadowlands is only 50 ft away from Giants stadium so they will want it down pretty quickly. Old Yankee stadium in many ways is isolated away in the block it inhabits so they can take there time demolishing it.
        Looks like it will be demolished before YS will be. July is the timetable for Giants Stadium

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...emolition.html

Comment

• dark shadows can be lightened by using p'shop/adjustments/shadows highlights/...
          Attached Files
          the turd in the punchbowl
          reality really sucks.
          enjoy the game more...

Comment

• Originally posted by Aviator_Frank View Post
            Looks like it will be demolished before YS will be. July is the timetable for Giants Stadium

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...emolition.html
            There's video of them taking down the first spiral ramp.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...12nj?eref=sihp

Anyone know if a news team can do something similar with up in the Bronx?

Comment

• There are spray painted "X"'s on each outer wall of the Stadium. I haven't checked them all but I would assume it means don't enter/unsupported interior and this wall is scheduled to come down. What's rediculous is that the architectural square inlaid in the wall isn't saved but in fact used as a target space to spray paint on. Most should be cut out and saved/sold. This IS the most famous ballpark correct?

Bobby Jackson,The worlds worst cell phone stadium photographer.

Later this evening,"Looking through the River Avenue peephole"

Comment

• Before I took the above photos(2/4/2010)I arrived as usual from the Deegan with a daily sizing up if anything new 's been done. From the south approach to River avenue,looks status quo.

I looked through the old right field bullpen gate which has a hole in the middle and got these:

Apparently they're mad for the scaffolding.

Comment

• Hey Bobby,

Thanks for the pictures! Along with Gary and tbe others who can make the trip up there, you are providing us all with great visual progress reports, sad as the subject matter is.

Dennis
                  BrooklynDodger14
                  Last edited by brooklyndodger14; 02-05-2010, 04:10 AM.

Comment

• I'm sure this link has been posted but just in case it hasn't:

http://www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by 410 FT View Post
                      Before I took the above photos(2/4/2010)I arrived as usual from the Deegan with a daily sizing up if anything new 's been done. From the south approach to River avenue,looks status quo.

I looked through the old right field bullpen gate which has a hole in the middle and got these:

Apparently they're mad for the scaffolding.

Want to bet that this scaffolding will be used to temporarly shore up the Upper Deck while they demo it?
                      First Game- Twinight DH, Mets vs. Cards at Shea, August 22, 1965

Comment

• That rinky-dink scaffolding won't hold up the upper deck. That is more for workers. You would need much stronger steel beams to hold up the upper deck.

Comment

• I've been passing the Stadium every day and its" looks" to the casual observer that nothings been done other than mad amounts of scaffolding and mesh shrouds to catch falling items(as per NYC order on building renovation and deconstruction).This is the slowest deconstruction of a building I've seen. And you'd think with this level of carefullness,preservation is in lock step-wrong. Spray painting the somewhat orante inlaid to designate removal seems wrong. Is Gate 2 spray painted I didn't notice if it is-good bye.
                          I'll take a closer look today if it is. How carefull they take the elevator section done is another clue.

Comment

• The scaffolding thats on the flatbed unassembled looks like sidewalk protection strength. To protect paths for workers inside?

Comment

• If the blue spray painted X's stop as you turn right from Ruppert onto 161st,then I'd say Gate 2 is saved.

Comment

• Originally posted by 410 FT View Post
                                If the blue spray painted X's stop as you turn right from Ruppert onto 161st,then I'd say Gate 2 is saved.
                                Well, if Gary Dunaier's photos are an indication, there aren't any blue X's on gate 2. I hope that means more than just wishful thinking.
                                Vintage Photos of Detroit Ballparks:
                                http://www.flickr.com/photos/doctor_gogol/sets/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X