No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y'all haven't even saved the gate and you're already worried about graffiti???

As if graffiti hasn't been part of the Yankee heritage for years!!!

That last one may or may not be in relation to the ball club. I haven't decided.
    Last edited by JohnCropp; 02-05-2010, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnCropp View Post
      Y'all haven't even saved the gate and you're already worried about graffiti???

As if graffiti hasn't been part of the Yankee heritage for years!!!

Nice find JohnCropp. Can you tell us where this piece is located?

I ask because the faces in pic #1 look pure enough to be Yankee authorized.

If not, that is some sic street art. I love seeing quality graffiti murals.

Screw tagging.

Comment

• There's nothing to pay ,the wall is already there. It'll free stand like the monument in Prospect Park. Why they dont save part of the right filed bleechers is strange because they'll later put bleachers there and everyone will say why didn't you keep the originals. A portion of the bleechers,gate 2,and a portion of the backstop behind home plate should stay for historic and common sense reasons.

I 'll take photos early this morning of the left field area.

Comment

• Oh,"clear pictures",...I guess he doesn't mean me. I'll see you Wednesday then.

Bobby Jackson The worlds worst stadium cell phone photographer
          Long live Dave Mlicki

Comment

• Originally posted by RfkFedEx View Post
            Can you tell us where this piece is located?
            That's the mural on the wall of the bowling alley on River Avenue. It faces what until recently was the valet parking lot on River Avenue and 157th Street, across from the Gate 6 entry.

(Photo taken July 21, 2008. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)
            X
            What's THAT guy doing?
            - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Originally posted by Bleeding Pinstripes View Post
              i can almost gaurentee that if gate 2 stands it will become a victem to urban decay. i say tear it all down and put it out of its misery quick and as painless as possible. if the gate dose stand it will become an open canvas for the locals to destory with tag and grafiti. i think the best way to preserve our beloved ballpark is in out memories, how it looked in its glory days. take it all down and prevent it frome being slowly destroyed by vandals.
              Dude this isn't 1977 anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                That's the mural on the wall of the bowling alley on River Avenue. It faces what until recently was the valet parking lot on River Avenue and 157th Street, across from the Gate 6 entry.

(Photo taken July 21, 2008. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)
                Wow. Great shot man, you have a gift for finding the "space" to make something that 99% of people would shoot up close into a "big" shot. Hope you don't mind if I throw that on my desktop.

Comment

• graffiti never sleeps, no mater what "king" bloomberg says...
                  the turd in the punchbowl
                  reality really sucks.
                  enjoy the game more...

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul W View Post
                    graffiti never sleeps, no mater what "king" bloomberg says...
                    Ain't that the truth.

Comment

• I like my demolition thread with photos. Up bright and early today, bright and early. Let's see what the old right field bullpen knot hole looks like today gang.

And the left field elevator bank demo(Carefully removed I may add):

Going to Unity anyone want coffee?

Bobby Jackson,the worlds worst satdium cell phone photographer
                      Long live Dave Mlicki

Comment

• So is the hole in the middle right "The Door" to the old concourse?
                        ------------
                        I have been to:

Citi Field, Shea, NYS, RYS, PNC, Fenway, AT&T, CBP, Rangers Ballpark, Minute Maid Park, Wrigley, Dodger Stadium, Angel Stadium of Anaheim, PETCO Park, Coors, Chase Field, Turner, Miami, [email protected], U.S.F., Comerica, Nationals Park, GABP, Progressive, Trop, Miller, Oakland-A C., Dolphin, RFK, Olympic Stadium, Metrodome

Comment

• My sources say the outfield area is going to be removed first,much like Shea. Although Citi Field needed the clearance removing the outfield first provided,YS outfield is being removed. Despite the sources,why the scaffolding around an area thats coming down first? If you notice, scaffolding that started around the entire right to left bleechers have been on hold for a while.

This scaffolding is attached,not just placed. Maybe just a city requirement to avoid a fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul W View Post
                            again, who's gonna pay for this? the taxpayers?
                            Why not - the taxpayers largely footed the bill for the new stadium?
                            Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

• Originally posted by cringey View Post
                              So is the hole in the middle right "The Door" to the old concourse?
                              Indeed it is... and dig that steelwork peeking through. Hopefully when all that paneling is off some interesting sights will be revealed.

Comment

• Originally posted by 410 FT View Post
                                410: BF Hero

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X