Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also....

The person on the seat removal crew who was sending me over these batches of pictures many months ago....

http://www.demolitionofyankeestadium...-seat-removal/

He told me that people from the Yankees were seeing these pictures on my site and had his bosses tell them not to take anymore pictures from the inside. He kept doing it anyway...
    www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeDOYS View Post
      people from the Yankees were seeing these pictures on my site and had his bosses tell them not to take anymore pictures from the inside. He kept doing it anyway...
      Hey Yankee management! What's the big deal? It's not like we're talking about some top secret U.S. government military installation here... it's just an entertainment venue... and one that a lot of us, INCLUDING YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS, still care about. So lighten up.
      X
      What's THAT guy doing?
      - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeDOYS View Post
        Also....

The person on the seat removal crew who was sending me over these batches of pictures many months ago....

http://www.demolitionofyankeestadium...-seat-removal/

He told me that people from the Yankees were seeing these pictures on my site and had his bosses tell them not to take anymore pictures from the inside. He kept doing it anyway...
        If I were a Yankee demo worker, I would keep on taking those pictures. Those pictures are worth getting fired for, think of all the history that's been seen inside those walls!
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
          Hey Yankee management! What's the big deal? It's not like we're talking about some top secret U.S. government military installation here... it's just an entertainment venue... and one that a lot of us, INCLUDING YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS, still care about. So lighten up.
          And by the way, what's Yankee management have to do with with the city property across the street from the stadium it currently leases? Answer: nothing!
          Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

why should you be surprised about this? they get their way on everything else, they thrive on control...
            the turd in the punchbowl
            reality really sucks.
            enjoy the game more...

Comment

• Originally posted by Strawman View Post
              And by the way, what's Yankee management have to do with with the city property across the street from the stadium it currently leases? Answer: nothing!
              WRONG.

When has the City not danced to the Yankees' tune?

Answer:

Never.

Comment

Will that include the wall?

Do you know where one would need to apply?
                Yes, the whole wall is coming down, so we'll finally be able to see inside from the el or up on the hill.
                I don't, other than the Mayors office. If I knew where exactly, I'd race you there.
                Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

• Originally posted by David Atkatz View Post
                  WRONG.

When has the City not danced to the Yankees' tune?

Answer:

Never.
                  Mark Green was well on his way toward becoming Mayor on September 10th 2001 and had he won I believe things would have turned out differently with respect to the stadium. Without Rudy's support Bloomberg never would have won and I believe Bloomberg, who could care less about sports endorsed the stadium deal as a favor to the man whose endorsement put him in office.

Comment

• It alway amazes me how a certain few always drag the demolation thread down with Yankee managemnet bashing- when its all speculation

Comment

• "drag the demolition thread down"

What a clever play on words!

Comment

• not bashing, it's reality!
                        oys was one of the few places where ticket holders could not bring in bags that met mln size standards 16x16x4 after 2003, on top of that you had to pay to stow it and the bowling alley and they had the nerve to put out a tip jar!
                        i took the same bag to 6 different mlb stadiums and to 2 olympics, but it wasn't allowed in oys!

who hurts the mighty yanks by taking pix of the demo?
                        Last edited by Paul W; 02-08-2010, 01:30 PM.
                        reality really sucks.
                        enjoy the game more...

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul W View Post
                          oys was one of the few places where ticket holders could not bring in bags that met mln size standards 16x16x4 after 2003
                          Thankfully, that's no longer the case at the new facility... I didn't notice this until the end of the season, however...

(Photo taken September 16, 2009. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

However, this does not degate your (and my) legitimate frustration at the Yankees' old, inconsistent policies.
                          X
                          What's THAT guy doing?
                          - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul W View Post
                            not bashing, it's reality!
                            oys was one of the few places where ticket holders could not bring in bags that met mln size standards 16x16x4 after 2003, on top of that you had to pay to stow it and the bowling alley and they had the nerve to put out a tip jar!
                            i took the same bag to 6 different mlb stadiums and to 2 olympics, but it wasn't allowed in oys!

who hurts the mighty yanks by taking pix of the demo?
                            Why would you need to bring a BIG bag into a stadium- seems odd to me- Ive been to hundreds of games and brought food, drinks, baby changes, jackets- everything Ive ever needed and the yankees never stopped me

Comment

Thankfully, that's no longer the case at the new facility... I didn't notice this until the end of the season, however...

(Photo taken September 16, 2009. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

However, this does not degate your (and my) legitimate frustration at the Yankees' old, inconsistent policies.
                              and so many in here are complaining about the new stadium- now you have no reason to complain you can bring a suitcase into the stadium- great for you guys

Comment

• if you're coming from work in midtown and taking public transit home afterwards nowhere near midtown you can't leave the bag at work because you need it the next morning before work.

again, it's a combination of them not wanting to pay for minimum wage burns goons to check bags and a elevated sense of importance. oys was not any more of a terror target than the empire state building, carnegie hall, the garden etc., but that's the excuse used to barr the bags.

btw - it's obvious if you really were able to get all that stuff in that the burns goons weren't doing their jobs...
                                reality really sucks.
                                enjoy the game more...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X