No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• " Where's Gary Dunaier and his camera? He's in Boise, Idaho; no, no, no, wait a minute: He's in Anchorage, Alaska. No, no, wait: He's in Casper, Wyoming; he's in the lobby of a Howard Johnson's and he's wearing a pink carnation. "
    Jack Walsh
    Midnight Run

Bobby Jackson,The worlds worst stadium cell phone photographer

Comment

• Let's just hope he doesn't stink of B.O., have coffee breath and have hemorrhoids from sitting on his butt waiting for Turner to get this demo completed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aviator_Frank View Post
        It sure is
        so much for the whole jackstand idea.
        www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• It looks to me like that first bite into the upper deck is right through where the old portal was.

Comment

• They ripped through the upper deck to access the loge section.

Comment

• Originally posted by tscotter View Post
              Dude it was a baseball stadium. Code Red Seriously?

LOL!!
              Vintage Photos of Detroit Ballparks:
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/doctor_gogol/sets/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/

Comment

• Originally posted by 410 FT View Post
                Left field Loge boxes 536 to 544 are being removed now.

Here's a map so we (I) know what's going down.

Comment

They ripped through the upper deck to access the loge section.
                  What loge section?
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Aviator_Frank View Post
                    What loge section?
                    Yeah the whole Loge Level is gone. I'm pretty sure there just taking the upper deck down now. But it looks like there only doing the front half up to the RYS portals

Comment

• Looks like they're going to hack away at the upperdeck right up to the support structure added during the renovation. Just like they did with the loge and main level decks. Then they can go after the remainder of the grand stand without worry of unsupported structure. Funny thing...I sat in Section 34 of the upper deck (roughly the area torn out already) when Boone hit the home run in 2003 to send Boston home, and advance the Yanks to the World Series.
                      Last edited by Yankee1965; 02-13-2010, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Gate 2 looks so much better without the pod next to it. Hopefully they save it.

Comment

• So any news on gate 2? From the pics it looks like there already destroying that area.

Comment

• Just left and snapped a quick cell photo. The Upper deck was pulled down a little. Yea,well looking at what work was done(from the outside)it LOOKED as if they were accessing the lodge but apparently they were dealing with the upper deck from below.

I know tomorrow not a great day for leaving the family but it would be a great photo day. Work has apparently started in ernest.

Comment

• Upper deck 36 and 34,and 666 to 670, are definitely gone.

Comment

" Where's Gary Dunaier and his camera? He's in Boise, Idaho; no, no, no, wait a minute: He's in Anchorage, Alaska. No, no, wait: He's in Casper, Wyoming; he's in the lobby of a Howard Johnson's and he's wearing a pink carnation. "
                                If y'all must know, I had to take an elderly relative to the emergency room this morning.
                                X
                                What's THAT guy doing?
                                - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X