Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great photos. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• Just Checked out the pics at StadiumPage.com. Their ripping the upper deck all the way to the top. Sec 36 is gone entirely, and perhaps 34 as well. Things are happening fast now. Interesting, you can see how the upperdeck extensions were connected to the orignial structure. Facinating and depressing at the same time. Thanks for the pics Stadium Page!

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankee1965 View Post
        Just Checked out the pics at StadiumPage.com. Their ripping the upper deck all the way to the top. Sec 36 is gone entirely, and perhaps 34 as well. Things are happening fast now. Interesting, you can see how the upperdeck extensions were connected to the orignial structure. Facinating and depressing at the same time. Thanks for the pics Stadium Page!
        No problem.
        StadiumPage.com
        Stadium Google Map

Comment

• Originally posted by StadiumPage View Post
          Here's a picture of what I think you were talking about. I have no clue what they were doing. It seemed like alot of noise was coming from within though.

That is an LED board above the wood enclosure. Was that there last season?
          Thanks for the picture. I was actually talking about the area outside right next to gate 6. I saw pictures of some construction baracades there a few weeks ago. It looked like they were remodeling that area. Did you notice anything different in that area or anything different in the new place ingeneral? Can you post your picture of the tour of NYS in the Yankee Stadium 2009 thread? Thanks.
          Today I Consider Myself the Luckiest Man on the Face of this Earth...

“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They says his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand...”
          Ernest Hemingway
          “The Old Man and the Sea”

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
            Thanks for the picture. I was actually talking about the area outside right next to gate 6. I saw pictures of some construction baracades there a few weeks ago. It looked like they were remodeling that area. Did you notice anything different in that area or anything different in the new place ingeneral? Can you post your picture of the tour of NYS in the Yankee Stadium 2009 thread? Thanks.
            I didn't notice anything different on the outside of the stadium by gate 6. the above was just inside of gate 6 to the left of the Hard Rock Cafe entrance.
            StadiumPage.com
            Stadium Google Map

Comment

I didn't notice anything different on the outside of the stadium by gate 6. the above was just inside of gate 6 to the left of the Hard Rock Cafe entrance.
              I think this is what Cool Papa B. was asking about...

(Photo taken January 31, 2010. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

(Photo taken January 31, 2010. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

X
              What's THAT guy doing?
              - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

http://www.stadiumpage.com

Direct link to the Feb 15th photos.

I figured most everyone has been there by now. Also, its my username.
                Off the main page, click on the demolition link.
                I've got it bookmarked, but if you put the link as your signature, you might get more first-timers checking it out.

(And I'd encourage anyone who has checked it out to do so!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                  I think this is what Cool Papa B. was asking about...
                  I hadn't seen that. Whatever they were doing was completely done by today. I didn't notice anything different at all. Must've resurfaced the sidewalk or something.
                  Here's the only picture I took today that had that general area in it.

Last edited by StadiumPage; 02-15-2010, 06:48 PM.
                  StadiumPage.com
                  Stadium Google Map

Comment

• Getting back to the demolition, I went up there today and took pictures. I did a lot of walking around the area today, and in this weather it took a lot out of me, so I haven't done any processing or uploading or anything on them yet.

They are doing some work on the outfield wall. The two ad panels surrounding the Diamond Vision (Hess and Budweiser) have been taken down, so you can see what it looks like behind the ads. One of the photos StadiumPage posted on his website shows this...

(Photo taken from StadiumPage.com.)

Perhaps that's what Monument's source meant by 'the bleachers are coming down.'

Also, the black scaffolding has been removed from the River Avenue side. There are now rectangular "holes" in the wall. In some places, you can see through them - this would be those portions of the wall where the ad panels have been removed.
                    Last edited by Gary Dunaier; 02-16-2010, 06:44 AM. Reason: to correct a typo.
                    X
                    What's THAT guy doing?
                    - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Stadium!!!

Great pictures bud. Thank you very much. Great website by the way.
                      Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

• Well, there goes the theory that the Upper Deck would need to be shored up in order to take it down without it falling out of control.
                        First Game- Twinight DH, Mets vs. Cards at Shea, August 22, 1965

Comment

• Maybe their removing and re pouring the topcoat of concrete on the ramps

Comment

• Originally posted by 410 FT View Post
                            CODE RED -REPEAT- CODE RED
                            Saturday 2/13/2010 0900 HRS

That looks like a catwalk angling upward in there. SHIVER!!!
                            Fake Yankee stadium Fail!

Comment

• What are the chances that the left field gate is open on such a miserable day? (2/16/2010)

Let's drive around and see if the sentry is gone:

Yea,baby!!!!

Comment

• Let's pretend were lost and don't know where were going:

Let's go right robot:

Robot,proceed to the Gate:

Cops!!!!! Robot,left turn now

Exit backwards robot ,continue capture:

Robot get the hell out you're on your own.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X