No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SIZE="4"]Robot ,proceed to the old right field bullpen. Robot, LEAVE THE BULLPEN!!! heavy set guards approaching!!!
    [/SIZE]

Comment

• There was robot and I, chilling out at Gerard Ave and E.158 when we looked at the stadium and saw this:

Robot,proceed down 158,record data and return-GO....

Comment

• Originally posted by 410 FT View Post
        Let's pretend were lost and don't know where were going:

Let's go right robot:

Robot,proceed to the Gate:

Cops!!!!! Robot,left turn now

Exit backwards robot ,continue capture:

Robot get the hell out you're on your own.
        I guess that upper deck is scantier than previously estimated. They tore into that LF end like tearing into the equivalent at Shea Stadium! All of our concerns about it coming unbalanced were unfounded.
        RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• As robot and I leave, we observed a sign that somehow Brandon Steiner neglected to take. Maybe because it belongs to the Transit Authority and it is under the elevated train ten feet from The Stadium. How much would this go for?!

See you tomorrow.
          Bobby Jackson, The worlds worst cell phone stadium photographer

Comment

• Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post
            I guess that upper deck is scantier than previously estimated. They tore into that LF end like tearing into the equivalent at Shea Stadium! All of our concerns about it coming unbalanced were unfounded.
            A lightweight structure can be made quite sturdy. In fact it's best to keep dead weight to a minimum! Just like in government . . . .

Comment

• Bobby Jackson,The worlds worst cell phone photographer (February 16,2010 @ 3:15PM)

Comment

• Excellent photos Bobby! I tell you, if I lived in NY I think I would be getting together a collection of funds with the folks on this website, to buy you a decent digital camera, in which to take these "most informative" photos. Thank You again!

Comment

• Digger,thanks. I got a digital camera somewhere but it needs to be held too steady or the image is blurred. This phone camera, Verizon LG is decent enough when on the run. I'll try to get a newer camera.

Comment

As robot and I leave, we observed a sign that somehow Brandon Steiner neglected to take. Maybe because it belongs to the Transit Authority and it is under the elevated train ten feet from The Stadium. How much would this go for?!

See you tomorrow.
                    Bobby Jackson, The worlds worst cell phone stadium photographer
                    Well I mean technically it is still accurate, so there's really no reason to take it down...

Comment

• That sign was put up specifically for the present stadium. It doesn't "belong" to the original. And even if it did, it's MTA property, so Steiner woudn't have any claim to it.

I was in stunned disbelief when I saw that shot of the piece of outfield wall missing. It was there yesterday! It appears to be a piece just to the right of the Diamond Vision, or the leftmost side of what was the Budweiser ad.
                      X

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                        That sign was put up specifically for the present stadium. It doesn't "belong" to the original. And even if it did, it's MTA property, so Steiner woudn't have any claim to it.

I was in stunned disbelief when I saw that shot of the piece of outfield wall missing. It was there yesterday! It appears to be a piece just to the right of the Diamond Vision, or the leftmost side of what was the Budweiser ad.
                        Why cant they hold off on all of this until opening day so i can go photograph? That back wall going down is going to give some superb vantage points.
                        www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

Yea,baby!!!!
                          You are so cool that they'll need to come up with a new word for it! Nice work, man!
                          Vintage Photos of Detroit Ballparks:
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/doctor_gogol/sets/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/

Comment

• These shots from Monday may no longer be up-to-the-minute, but I think you'll enjoy them...

Let's begin with a nice view from behind home plate. Nothing "new" in this view, but the sun was shining in the right direction so I was able to get a good shot. This was taken from the entrance ramp off the Major Deegan Expressway...

Here's the back of the outfield wall, roughly behind the left field bleachers and Monument Park...

Looking down 158th Street from between Walton and Gerard Avenues. Less than 24 hours later, this view would change... well, not drastically, but dramatically enough...

Here's a nice sun-lit view of the area where the advertising panels flanking the Diamond Vision ("Hess" and "Budweiser") have been removed. If you look really close you can see the 825 Gerard Avenue apartment building through the "holes" that were cut out in back of the panel on the right...

Here's a look at what's gone of the left field upper deck. Notice how part of the chicken wire "window" is sticking out, almost defiant in its desire to remain... reminds me of those Shea demolition shots with the escalator sticking out (for example, this one)...

Here's a peek through the right field gap as seen from a moving downtown #4 train...

Here's a street-level peek through the fence at the right field stands. Note the hand on the left, just as I got this shot they closed the fence...

Here's a view showing police cars, with lights on, outside the 161st Street construction entrance. At the time this photo was taken the construction gate was open. Once the gate closed the police cars left. You can fill in whatever blanks there may be...

Here's a look at the upper three entrances from the left field escalator bank... Tier, original pre-renovation upper deck, and loge level...

Finally... the one you've all been waiting for... the "money shot," as it were... a zoom-lens peek into the area behind the locked door one level below the Tier level concourse, also known as the original pre-renovation upper deck concourse...

And now, because I love you all and I think you can handle it, here's a link to all 72 of my photos from Monday.
                            X

Comment

• Gary is great.
                              As more of the Stadium is removed better angles will be available. But the shot from the moving train is amazing.

Comment

• As with the Shea Stadium mystery,has anyone seen trucks removing debris form Yankee Stadium? I always wondered where Shea actually is buried now but I could never get an answer. Where would theYankee Stadium steel be removed to? Someone mentioned the concrete being reused on site but some things have to be removed. Where?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X