Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 410 FT View Post
    As with the Shea Stadium mystery,has anyone seen trucks removing debris form Yankee Stadium? I always wondered where Shea actually is buried now but I could never get an answer. Where would theYankee Stadium steel be removed to? Someone mentioned the concrete being reused on site but some things have to be removed. Where?
    If I remember correctly much of Shea's steel and rubble was being hauled off to some site in Rockaway Twp, NJ.
    As with any steel I'm sure its being cut up so that it can be scrapped and recycled.

Comment

• Gary the Great strikes again!

Comment

• great shots gary.
        www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• Originally posted by RfkFedEx View Post
          It may seem like overkill to the casual observer, but for those who've been watching this snail's paced demo for the past year; today is pretty darn exciting.

People get chubbies around here anytime original elements of OYS are revealed.
          NYS has actually helped save a couple marriages on BBF
          sigpic

Comment

• As always, nice photos Gary. We appreciate your efforts! I need to get over to the Stadium myself if I can find the time. I'd sure like to see the place with my own eyes just one more time before it's completely gone.....

Comment

• New pics up on WCBS880.com.
              "Today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth." - Lou Gehrig, Yankee Stadium, July 4, 1939

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPwsl8YtxqQ
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/thestadiumguy/

Comment

• from juan gonzalez, ny daily news...

As for the baseball and little league fields, any work on them will have to wait until the old stadium comes down.
                "Demolition should be finished by June," Lombino said, while the new community ballfields "should be ready sometime in late 2011."

If Lombino is right, those baseball fields will finally be replaced more than five years after the original ones were taken away from the youth of the community.

Somehow, Yankee Stadium was built on schedule. So were the huge parking garages around it. So was the new Metro-North station.
                Only the replacement parks for the community have suffered these delays. As for the politicians in the Bronx, they must all be waiting for their Yankees tickets.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...#ixzz0fpGIi2ph
                the turd in the punchbowl
                reality really sucks.
                enjoy the game more...

Comment

• Wasn't there a huge amount of asbestos cleanup that needed to be done before the demolition really commenced?

I don't think Mr. Gonzalez or others want their precious snowflakes getting mesothelioma and other lung illnesses from playing on a park containing crushed asbestos as its foundation.
                  ------------
                  I have been to:

Citi Field, Shea, NYS, RYS, PNC, Fenway, AT&T, CBP, Rangers Ballpark, Minute Maid Park, Wrigley, Dodger Stadium, Angel Stadium of Anaheim, PETCO Park, Coors, Chase Field, Turner, Miami, [email protected], U.S.F., Comerica, Nationals Park, GABP, Progressive, Trop, Miller, Oakland-A C., Dolphin, RFK, Olympic Stadium, Metrodome

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul W View Post
                    from juan gonzalez, ny daily news...

As for the baseball and little league fields, any work on them will have to wait until the old stadium comes down.
                    "Demolition should be finished by June," Lombino said, while the new community ballfields "should be ready sometime in late 2011."

If Lombino is right, those baseball fields will finally be replaced more than five years after the original ones were taken away from the youth of the community.

Somehow, Yankee Stadium was built on schedule. So were the huge parking garages around it. So was the new Metro-North station.
                    Only the replacement parks for the community have suffered these delays. As for the politicians in the Bronx, they must all be waiting for their Yankees tickets.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...#ixzz0fpGIi2ph
                    I don't know what all the commotion is about. There are 4 other fields within spitting distance of the ones that were temporarily lost. That's still more fields than I ever had near me when I was a kid.
                    Attached Files
                    First Game- Twinight DH, Mets vs. Cards at Shea, August 22, 1965

Comment

• .....not to mention that the ballfields are usually vacant, anyway.
                      Kids today don't play baseball very much.
                      ------------------------------------------
                      www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
                      www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
                      www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

------------------------------------------

Comment

• Gary's pics lightened to show interiors:

sigpic

Comment

• Right field bleachers to center field (158th St) back wall completely gone.

will go back for another recon today.
                          Bobby Jackson,Worlds worst cell phone stadium photographer

Comment

• Look at it this way,the opportunity to take photos aboard the S/B #4 train has increased by a factor of 5.

Comment

• Getting dark, I'll take more bright and early.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHiller View Post
                                I don't know what all the commotion is about. There are 4 other fields within spitting distance of the ones that were temporarily lost. That's still more fields than I ever had near me when I was a kid.
                                4 years is more that temporary, my dad played on those fields as a kid before he was signed by yankees scout paul kritchell.
                                what you label aren't full-sized fields and they don't make up for 4 that were lost.

mr. gonzalez was making the point that the yankees count and kids do not.

richie, you'd be surprised how much ballplaying by kids goes on in the bronx. organized and otherwise...
                                the turd in the punchbowl
                                reality really sucks.
                                enjoy the game more...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X