Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Paul W View Post
    4 years is more that temporary, my dad played on those fields as a kid before he was signed by yankees scout paul kritchell.
    what you label aren't full-sized fields and they don't make up for 4 that were lost.

    mr. gonzalez was making the point that the yankees count and kids do not.

    richie, you'd be surprised how much ballplaying by kids goes on in the bronx. organized and otherwise...
    He meant temporary by that they are COMING BACK. The ball fields are not GONE FOREVER.

    And actually, there is 2 former ballfields where Macombs Dam Park was. one was the exact same size as the other ones. The other one is the big Babe Ruth Field, which will be replaced by the Yankee Stadium site field. The football field has already been replaced, plus there are many others around.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • "Three and a half years after Mayor Bloomberg closed huge portions of Mullaly and Macombs Dam parks to make way for the Yankees new $1.5 billion stadium, the replacement ballfields the city promised are nowhere to be seen...."

      "...while the new community ballfields "should be ready sometime in late 2011..." - that means 2012

      4 fields in total gone for at least 3-4 years, you take away the fields and kids won't play the game.

      btw - if you don't think that public ballfields in areas like this have any good players on 'em, rod carew was discovered by twins scout herb stein on those fields...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Paul W; 02-17-2010, 04:14 PM.
      the turd in the punchbowl
      reality really sucks.
      enjoy the game more...

      Comment


      • You've got red on you.

        Last edited by JohnCropp; 02-17-2010, 04:29 PM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Paul W View Post
          "Three and a half years after Mayor Bloomberg closed huge portions of Mullaly and Macombs Dam parks to make way for the Yankees new $1.5 billion stadium, the replacement ballfields the city promised are nowhere to be seen...."

          "...while the new community ballfields "should be ready sometime in late 2011..." - that means 2012

          4 fields in total gone for at least 3-4 years, you take away the fields and kids won't play the game.

          btw - if you don't think that public ballfields in areas like this have any good players on 'em, rod carew was discovered by twins scout herb stein on those fields...
          Boo hoo. The poor kids lost a few dirty, disgusting ballfields for a 3 years. Soon they'll have brand new fields that actually have grass, and probably a lot less used condoms and dog crap.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by DM23MVP View Post
            Boo hoo. The poor kids lost a few dirty, disgusting ballfields for a 3 years. Soon they'll have brand new fields that actually have grass, and probably a lot less used condoms and dog crap.
            That's either a shocking lack of concern - or some brilliant satire of Randy Levine.
            Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Paul W View Post
              "Three and a half years after Mayor Bloomberg closed huge portions of Mullaly and Macombs Dam parks to make way for the Yankees new $1.5 billion stadium, the replacement ballfields the city promised are nowhere to be seen...."

              "...while the new community ballfields "should be ready sometime in late 2011..." - that means 2012

              4 fields in total gone for at least 3-4 years, you take away the fields and kids won't play the game.

              btw - if you don't think that public ballfields in areas like this have any good players on 'em, rod carew was discovered by twins scout herb stein on those fields...
              3 fields. They built a new one where the other parking lot was in that picture. And what would you rather have:

              4 dirty, all dirt, no grass, dog crap fields OR 4 brand new, full with grass, state-of-the art fields. The only thing is you have to lose 3 out of the 4 in the old park, and use the other 5 fields in the area until the brand new ones are done in 5 years.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Bottom Line: the stadiums in Queens and East Rutherford will be parking lots before the stadium in the Bronx is a park... and that's some bushwick.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JohnCropp View Post
                  Bottom Line: the stadiums in Queens and East Rutherford will be parking lots before the stadium in the Bronx is a park... and that's some bushwick.
                  I completely agree
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by DM23MVP View Post
                    Boo hoo. The poor kids lost a few dirty, disgusting ballfields for a 3 years. Soon they'll have brand new fields that actually have grass, and probably a lot less used condoms and dog crap.
                    doubt that you would like this type of b.s. if it way your fields missing for years! if you actually ever played the game, i still do...
                    the turd in the punchbowl
                    reality really sucks.
                    enjoy the game more...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by DM23MVP View Post
                      Boo hoo. The poor kids lost a few dirty, disgusting ballfields for a 3 years. Soon they'll have brand new fields that actually have grass, and probably a lot less used condoms and dog crap.
                      These comments are breathtakingly elitist and beyond revolting. These kids and young adults who utilized these fields, basketball and handball courts would take the old set-up in a New York heartbeat.

                      These "dirty, disgusting ballfields" should have been improved years and years ago, but high level Yankee executives were too busy calling the people who used them "monkeys." For years all the Yankees did was post "We Care" signs when we all know they should have been doing so much more!!!

                      Comment


                      • Is there anything in particular we should be looking for(to photograph),as the Stadium is taken down? Is there any old photos to show a structure or section that hasn't been seen in years that will soon be revealed and quickly removed?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by 410 FT View Post
                          Right field bleachers to center field (158th St) back wall completely gone.
                          Just to clarify... are you saying the ENTIRE wall to the right of the Diamond Vision is gone? (The now-removed Budweiser ad, the Bank of America ad and the sweet little UTZ girl?)


                          (Photo taken February 15, 2010. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

                          It's no longer just the tiny sliver that was gone on the 16th?
                          X
                          What's THAT guy doing?
                          - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JohnCropp View Post
                            You've got red on you.
                            Yeah, boyyyeee!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Paul W View Post
                              doubt that you would like this type of b.s. if it way your fields missing for years! if you actually ever played the game, i still do...
                              Most inner city kids in Bronx and such dont play baseball. So....yea.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by The Korean View Post
                                Most inner city kids in Bronx and such dont play baseball. So....yea.
                                This is untrue I know a lot of kids that still play baseball myself being one of these kids who played. And we had to play in the streets because there have not been any field since the start of the new Stadium. Don't get m wrong I love the ne Stadium, but as someone said we would take those fields in a New York heartbeat. And if kids don't play baseball much these days its because where do we play with no fields or anything for 3 years? "If you build it they will come." Well guess what we've had nothing to go to for 3 and a half years. I used to play on those fields when I was 13 I was pretty good to but after not having a field so long you lose hope you know. By the way I'm 18 now when construction started I was 15. With that out of the way, nice pics guys. I want to go down and catch a few snapshots but this damn cold weather just makes me hide haha.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X