Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Celerino Sanchez;1700791]
    Originally posted by Paul W View Post

LOL ...... I went back and read some of your posts.
    i'm sure somebody had to read 'em to you...
    the turd in the punchbowl
    reality really sucks.
    enjoy the game more...

Comment

• Can you people keep your damn sniping out of this forum already? We come here to read and see about the demo of this great structure and every other post is continuing this subthread of childishness.

Comment

• Originally posted by 410 FT View Post
        Rendering, accent on buildings:
        Bobby Jackson,worlds worst cell phone stadium photographer:
        The color in 5358 is more accurate. Good shots!
        RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• Damn I would be so scared if I were that guy.
          Ballparks, Stadiums, & Green Diamonds Died In '08

Comment

• NYfan1st....I messed with the color on purpose to highlight the buildings on Gerard Ave ,similar to old movie film. I guess I feel I have to make up for the bad camera. I do keep the originals on Flickr and Photobucket,and in this case offered both.

PS I again purchased a great Met item from RichieA13 today and suggest any baseball fan check his offerings:
            http://www.sheastadiumseats.com/
            http://www.yankeestadiumseats.com/
            http://www.collectiblestadiumseats.com/
            Last edited by 410 FT; 03-07-2010, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by StadiumPage View Post
              On second thought, maybe the track was closed to keep people from taking "action" shots and clogging up the platform. I was only at YS for 20 minutes or so, so it could've been done right after I left.
              Nothing so sinister. Downton platforms on the five #4 stations between Burnside Avenue and 149th Street are closed during the weekend (11.00pm Friday to 5.00am Monday) because of track work, or track improvements, or something like that. Don't know how long this will be in effect.

Anyway, I was able to take pictures from the downtown platform. I asked one of the MTA workers and got permission.
              X
              What's THAT guy doing?
              - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Originally posted by 410 FT View Post
                I guess I feel I have to make up for the bad camera.
                Don't feel you have to be so apologetic. Because you pass by there more frequently, your pictures' value is in documenting when changes are made, and that indeed they have been made.

You were across from Gate 2 at 5.30pm? At 5.30pm I was on River Avenue, across from the garage. I was pretty much finished with my photography, and was thinking of heading home. But I decided to go to the new, nearby Gateway Center (shopping center) and after a little bit of browsing in the "Target" store and getting bite to eat I got a second wind and went back to the Stadium for more pictures.
                X
                What's THAT guy doing?
                - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Good pics guys.

Found this on YT while looking for something else.

I hope someone has video of the UD section coming down.
                  Last edited by Mario Mendoza...HOF Lock; 03-07-2010, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• Just in time for your morning, here are some more photos I took on Saturday.

More to come...
                    X
                    What's THAT guy doing?

Comment

• Those shots have an apocalyptic feel to them. All is not right in the world when yankee stadium looks the way it does right now.
                      www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul W View Post

long rants and conspiracy theories are what made ted kaczynski famous, if you want those in power to take you seriously:

scale back the rehoritic and what you want done

get a realistic cost analysis for this and then come up with a way to pay for it from private sources that has backing (eg: money already in an account)

start this 3-4 years ago when the plans were formulated at nyc parks, you're standing on the dock and the ship has long sailed. nyc parks probably has
                        had contracts let out for this project for some time, these things don't happen overnight and if nyc parks dept. changes those legally binding contracts
                        the taxpayers can and will be liable for the costs of legal actions by the contractors and the monetary damages they will be awarded.
                        this is how it works in the real world...
                        You obviously have no clue about the efforts of Saving Gate 2 because if you did you would know that all the issues you mention have been addressed....Just because they are not publicized here or in the media doesn't mean that we have not proposed realistic plans to New York City and the Parks department via licensed and insured architects and engineers.

If you going to act as a loudmouth know it all instigator you need to be able to back up your facts.

Adrian Benepe didn't confrim plans to entirely raze Yankee Stadium until mid Summer 2008. The Save the Gate effort started just months later. The Parks departments plans are subject to change until the Design Commission submits preliminary and final approval.....But you already knew that....Didn't you?
                        Last edited by YankeeStadium1923; 03-08-2010, 05:04 AM.
                        Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Avid fan of the greatest Stadium ever built! Both in beauty and aesthetics throughout its long Glorious history.

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeStadium1923 View Post
                          You obviously have no clue about the efforts of Saving Gate 2 because if you did you would know that all the issues you mention have been addressed....Just because they are not publicized here or in the media doesn't mean that we have not proposed realistic plans to New York City and the Parks department via licensed and insured architects and engineers.

If you going to act as a loudmouth know it all instigator you need to be able to back up your facts.

Adrian Benepe didn't confrim plans to entirely raze Yankee Stadium until mid Summer 2008. The Save the Gate effort started just months later. The Parks departments plans are subject to change until the Design Commission submits preliminary and final approval.....But you already knew that....Didn't you?
                          Yeah, so there. Ya big mouth jerk!!!!

Great job Stadium.:applaud:
                          Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

• Originally posted by cringey View Post
                            I find it interesting that the whole old concourse level / new mechanical level was fenced off inside even though "the door" was there.
                            Maybe to keep workers from wandering (or worse...falling) into the upper deck?

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsean View Post
                              Maybe to keep workers from wandering (or worse...falling) into the upper deck?
                              That is a good possibility. It is hard to tell from the pictures how far from the opening the fence would have been. Just seemed odd that it was a security fence and not some sort of wall. I find it interesting that the hvac equipment wasn't recycled.
                              ------------
                              I have been to:

Citi Field, Shea, NYS, RYS, PNC, Fenway, AT&T, CBP, Rangers Ballpark, Minute Maid Park, Wrigley, Dodger Stadium, Angel Stadium of Anaheim, PETCO Park, Coors, Chase Field, Turner, Miami, [email protected], U.S.F., Comerica, Nationals Park, GABP, Progressive, Trop, Miller, Oakland-A C., Dolphin, RFK, Olympic Stadium, Metrodome

Comment

• Wow. Just wow. Think ima be sick.
                                Fake Yankee stadium Fail!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X