Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cringey View Post
    I find it interesting that the hvac equipment wasn't recycled.
    The cost of removing it probably exceeded its worth, plus custom-fitted ductwork is of little use elsewhere. And if there are any old compressors, evaps, condensors etc and they're more than a few short years old they're even less desirable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aviator_Frank View Post
      The cost of removing it probably exceeded its worth, plus custom-fitted ductwork is of little use elsewhere. And if there are any old compressors, evaps, condensors etc and they're more than a few short years old they're even less desirable.
      Thats true, but with the recycling of the urinals and toilets (at least from Shea, don't know if that was done for YS) it seemed that anything uselful would have been removed.
      But like you said if old enough why recycle something that would break down.

Oh and I actually meant the stuff on top of the renovated concourses not in the mechanical level. Could be they are waiting for the upper deck to be removed to get the cranes there to remove them.
      ------------
      I have been to:

Citi Field, Shea, NYS, RYS, PNC, Fenway, AT&T, CBP, Rangers Ballpark, Minute Maid Park, Wrigley, Dodger Stadium, Angel Stadium of Anaheim, PETCO Park, Coors, Chase Field, Turner, Miami, [email protected], U.S.F., Comerica, Nationals Park, GABP, Progressive, Trop, Miller, Oakland-A C., Dolphin, RFK, Olympic Stadium, Metrodome

Comment

• I bet that yellow hose is there to keep down the dust when "it" falls...I mean "if" it falls.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHiller View Post
          This photo by Gary D nicely shows how they're bringing the sections down. After sectioning the deck, and attaching the cables that direct the fall toward the field, the support columns are being cut. Note how the upper columns seem to have been split vertically (probably an "S" cut) and lower ones cut horizontally. These are too clean to have just fractured that way- they have to have been cut. The workers probably leave a little bit of each column intact to keep it from coming down on them. Then all that's left is to give it a yank on the cables, and voila!
          so the railings right behind the chain link fence - they appear to be the orginal railings from the old upper deck concourse. What a shame they are being scrapped. I know I would pay good money for a section if thats in fact what they are...

Comment

• Leave Gate 2 ALONE! LEAVE IT ALONE!!! Anyone who messes with Gate 2.. is gonna... answer to ME!

chris-crocker-crying.jpg

(all kidding aside... THAT'S the sort of buzz we need...)

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsean View Post
              Leave Gate 2 ALONE! LEAVE IT ALONE!!! Anyone who messes with Gate 2.. is gonna... answer to ME!

[ATTACH]82628[/ATTACH]

(all kidding aside... THAT'S the sort of buzz we need...)
              You know, the similarities between Britney and Gate 2 are shocking:

Comment

• There's a helicopter hovering over the OYS site as we speak...I'd assume it's 880 taking pics...

Also, when I got off the train this morning (I work a few blocks away) Gate 2 was in the same exact condition it was in on Saturday...

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnCropp View Post
                  You know, the similarities between Britney and Gate 2 are shocking:

Except that this is the SECOND time Gate 2 has had it's top cropped :P

Comment

• New set of pics today:

http://www.wcbs880.com/pages/33067.php

Comment

• despite this being the first time im posting(waited for account to get activated) ive been looking through this thread for pretty much since it was started, and must say its a real real shame. im only 16, but all the times ive been the stadium, i wish i walked around it more just to see things ever never seen. the pictures are so sad to see and really hard to beleive

i took metro north from new haven to the city yesterday, and caught a small glimpse of the stadium, from down the river, just the corner of what remains of the upper deck above above gate 6. it was sad that maybe the last time i see any part of it. depending what time i get to a game this coming season.

and i really hope they save gate 2, but from the recent posts here its not looking to good
                      Last edited by doyon94; 03-08-2010, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                        Just in time for your morning, here are some more photos I took on Saturday.

More to come...
                        great shots. so sad.

Comment

• Did all that snow melt already?

Comment

• Bobby Jackson,World's worst cell phone stadium photographer. March 8,2010 @ 1:40 PM who were the dudes taking photos from the platform,and who was the Itailan gentleman with the movie camera on Babe Ruth plaza?

/SIZE]

Comment

• Originally posted by johnfre View Post
                              Did all that snow melt already?
                              Pretty much, John. It's been in the 40's+ every day since the big snowfall of 2/26-2/27.
                              We actually flirted with 60 around these parts today!
                              ------------------------------------------
                              www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
                              www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
                              www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

------------------------------------------

Comment

• "45 (87) years goes by pretty fast." " Like smoke through a keyhole."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X