Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Jackson,NY's worst stadium cell phone photog
    3/7/2010 The Bat,sans Louisville Slugger detailing:

Richie takes some great shots himself,I forgot to mention.
    Thanks to Gary for sending instructions on using Flickr.

Comment

• Got a silly question for you YS experts - why have the gates always been numbered 2-4-6-8 and not 1-2-3-4 ?

I've always wondered that but can't find the answer anywhere.

Comment

• Bobby Jackson 3/8/2010 @1:45 PM
        It appears that the entire "roof" is off Gate 2,or is that an illusion as more sun is allowed to enter the open portions?

I have to tell you.After looking at this almost daily,they're not saving anything. They can't remove Gate 2 or other attached lower portions untill the upper deck is removed. Then the lower portions will be sliced into quarters to the ground and taken down inward. The shrowd and scaffolds have to be removed for the structure to come down. For stability the scaffolding was attched to the Gate but it has to be removed unfortunately now

"Ah.. he's gone...He's gone, and there's noth'n no one can do about it"
        "Goodfellas"

Comment

• Do you guys think that by the end of the month most, if not all of the upper deck will be gone?

Comment

• I would guess yes the upper deck gone easily by the end of the month.

Bobby Jackson 3/08/2010 @1:50 hrs, The Stop Action Movie Guy-with the Italian flag on his camera case.
            I believe this gentleman takes a few seconds of movie film everyday from the same spot.

Comment

• When are we going to get rid of Oliver Perez? Meanwhile,I observed this dude in black taking copius photos:

Comment

• Originally posted by 410 FT View Post
                What a great forgotten movie!

Comment

Bobby Jackson 3/8/2010 @1:45 PM
                  It appears that the entire "roof" is off Gate 2,or is that an illusion
                  It looks like it's still there as of this morning at least
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeStadium1923 View Post
                    .But you already knew that....Didn't you?
                    i did, sorry i couldn't bet back to you sooner but i was out makin' a livin'...

you guys are so emotionally invested in this that you make it easy to poke.

why so much emotion? did your parents work there? did you? i have more of a direct connection because of my parents, but i have learned to let go...
                    the turd in the punchbowl
                    reality really sucks.
                    enjoy the game more...

Comment

• A few more photos from Saturday... these are evening shots... Saturday Night in da Bronx, can ya dig it...

Here's a zoom-lens night view of the concourses (pre-renovation upper level and Loge) between Tier sections 20 and 24...

Night view from River Avenue and 158th Street... trains were running on the tracks above, people were walking on the street below, yet Stan's was closed...

Night view of Gate 2, bathed in the glow from the lights of the present facility...

Night view showing how much of River Avenue is now visible from outside the present facility's "Great Hall..." you can even see Stan's and the bowling alley's bar...

Night view of the right field side... shows you just how powerful the non-game lights from the present facility are, if they can help provide a decent photo like this...

Finally, a link to the entire set on Flickr... that's it, that's all she wrote.
                      X
                      What's THAT guy doing?
                      - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Another section of the upper deck was torn down. Pictures from the WCBS site.
                        Attached Files
                        Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

• Bobby Jackson NY's worst cell phone stadium photographer
                          March 9,2010 @7:00AM
                          Good morning every Bod- bod- body
                          How about some more emotional investment(this took all of a minute and a half enroute to work,
                          and five to download-basically a cigarette break)

back to work,check again during lunch break

Comment

Bobby Jackson NY's worst cell phone stadium photographer
                            How about some more emotional investment(this took all of a minute and a half enroute to work,

Great Pics.....The Gate looks great with the deep blue sky and look at how the Archictectural details really "PoP"
                            Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Avid fan of the greatest Stadium ever built! Both in beauty and aesthetics throughout its long Glorious history.

Comment

Bobby Jackson NY's worst cell phone stadium photographer

Something looks off...Have they tampered with the Clay Medallions on the Balconies and Exterior.

I hope it's just the photos you posted.
                              Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Avid fan of the greatest Stadium ever built! Both in beauty and aesthetics throughout its long Glorious history.

Comment

• I don't want to be a gloomy gus, but nobody is legally bound to save this gate. I fear they will quickly destroy the gate and take the issue off the table. Just a word of caution, we could be in for one last heartbreak soon. But on a positive note, Paul W. will no longer have to stay up nights worrying how NYC will pay for leaving a concrete wall up. And he needs his sleep, because unlike the people trying to save the gate, he has a life!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X