Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YankeeStadium1923 View Post
    Not really.....You can say that Yankee Stadium was the Yankees Good Luck charm and the Stadium was still standing and still intact in November 2009.
    Maybe it was Ruth's last laugh....I guess we will see what the future holds for the New York Yankees franchise.
    While others say the ghosts have officially moved to the new stadium and gave the nod of approval to the new stadium......

And I wouldn't say it was intact when the Yankees won the WS.....

Look, I would have preferred another renovation to the old Yankee Stadium then to have the new one. But, the new one is a magnificent stadium. I wish more of the old stadium's traits were transferred to the new one, but it is still a great stadium with history to come.
    Last edited by quagmire; 03-09-2010, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by quagmire View Post
      While others say the ghosts have officially moved to the new stadium and gave the nod of approval to the new stadium......

I guess that would be a matter of opinion.
      Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Avid fan of the greatest Stadium ever built! Both in beauty and aesthetics throughout its long Glorious history.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichieA13 View Post
        Here's a close up on one of the three boxes on Gate 2. All three 'tablets' on all three planter boxes are configured exactly the same. On each side is a tablet with two baseballs on a scroll. The middle tablet is an interlocked "NY" on a scroll, resembling the early Yankee cap logo.
        Thx RichieA. So the balcony/box thingies were just for aesthetics.

I hope someone removes the tablets if gate 2 is demo'd as planned.

Comment

• Originally posted by RfkFedEx View Post

I hope so too, if not, I will be there at the demo with a stack of money to bribe the workers to give them to me, unless Brandon Steiner has dibs on them
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by cgcoyne2 View Post
            I just saw this video.

WOW

You guys are unbelieveable. I really liked that the old ticket booth was thrown in there in red. WOW WOW WOW!!!!:bowdown:

Great job guys. Truly a work of art.
            Thanks for the kind words. Now, if we could just get Bloomberg to watch the video!!!
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            Brad's Ultimate New York Yankees Website

website - www.HistoryOfTheYankees.com
            blog - http://historyoftheyankees.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by RfkFedEx View Post

It appears so, RFK.

BTW-----Note the early 20th Century "state of the art" drainage system!!
              Lets see the Romans or Greeks try & top THAT piece of American ingenuity!!
              Attached Files
              ------------------------------------------
              www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
              www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
              www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly85MVP View Post
                I hope so too, if not, I will be there at the demo with a stack of money to bribe the workers to give them to me, unless Brandon Steiner has dibs on them
                You'd better have stacks and stacks of money.
                One of those terracotta pieces, removed during the renovation, recently sold for $35,000.

Comment

• No, those medallions are long gone. The top portion of the entire existing lower exteroir wall was destroyed in the renovation. The concrete at the very top of Gate 2 is 1974-75 vintage. Look at my renovation film (click on the YouTube link in my sig)...you will see where the top of Gate 2 has been cut away.

Brad
                  "Today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth." - Lou Gehrig, Yankee Stadium, July 4, 1939

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPwsl8YtxqQ
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/thestadiumguy/

Comment

• Are they tearing town the triangular parking garage next to RYS also? It be kinda of crappy to have a park surrounded by parking garages. Also do you think they are just going to bury the basement? That be cool knowing that below us there was still a piece of yankee stadium

Comment

• It looks like they are going to demo the entire LF side first before touching RF- I wonder if they will completely demolish LF and then start construction on the park while demo occurs in RF? It seems like RF is not disturbed while LF is coming down so it is possible and would save time...
                      Last edited by YanksRule; 03-09-2010, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• Exactly.

100 years of futility comin' up! Oh dear God why did they tear down Yankee Stadium?! Whyyyy?! How could they?!

I'm glad I'll probably be dead when they start chanting "2009" in Fenway....
                        Fake Yankee stadium Fail!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maxlugar View Post
                          Exactly.

100 years of futility comin' up! Oh dear God why did they tear down Yankee Stadium?! Whyyyy?! How could they?!

I'm glad I'll probably be dead when they start chanting "2009" in Fenway....
                          Lol you said the same thing about curses at the beginning of the year before they won the series!

Can't we all just agree that the stadium doesn't make the team - it's the players.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by quagmire View Post

Look, I would have preferred another renovation to the old Yankee Stadium then to have the new one. But, the new one is a magnificent stadium. I wish more of the old stadium's traits were transferred to the new one, but it is still a great stadium with history to come.
                            Actually, the bleachers weren't demolished until AFTER the Yanks won the WS.

Comment

• Originally posted by 410 FT View Post
                              Bobby Jackson NY's worst cell phone stadium photographer
                              March 9,2010 @7:00AM
                              Good morning every Bod- bod- body
                              How about some more emotional investment(this took all of a minute and a half enroute to work,
                              and five to download-basically a cigarette break)

back to work,check again during lunch break
                              Jeez Bobby not for nothing, but pretty soon we're going to start insisting you drop the "worst" from your official title!

Comment

• I want one of those three mini medallion balconies.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X