No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPNZone in Times Square actually has one of the original tablets on display on the first floor. Its against the East wall of the place near the 1st floor bar.
    I keep forgetting to take a picture of it...
    StadiumPage.com
    Stadium Google Map

Comment

• How is it then that Ebayed copper "S" didn't even move at less than 10K? Unless it sold through some other means.

Dave without revealing any more than you wish to, was the "S" a better deal than your "M"?

Comment

• Originally posted by GordonGecko View Post
        I want one of those three mini medallion balconies.
        No doubt... if those get knocked down with the wall I'm diving into the rubble to retrieve them. They ought to carve off one whole planter at least for display in Cooperstown.

Comment

• Originally posted by RationalNYYfan View Post
          Lol you said the same thing about curses at the beginning of the year before they won the series!

Can't we all just agree that the stadium doesn't make the team - it's the players.
          Yes but they wisely decided not to destroy her before the end of the season. Now... Oh boy is there going to be hell to pay! In fact, like I said, they won because of her as the old girl wanted to hear the crowds of a world series one last time before she died. Like a last cigarette before execution. Although, little did she know how hard she'd have to strain to hear those sounds coming from that oddly quiet monstrosity across the street. But hear them she did. Now as they dig into her flesh and pull apart her bones, she shall release her terrible curse upon the Yankee franchise that shall last 100 years.

Oh dear God! What have they done!!

END.
          Fake Yankee stadium Fail!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly85MVP View Post
            I hope so too, if not, I will be there at the demo with a stack of money to bribe the workers to give them to me, unless Brandon Steiner has dibs on them
            You can bet your ass Brandon Steiner has dibs on them. I mean, why would you even want to get them yourself? Wouldn't it be way more convenient to just pay Steiner $50k for one of them? From Brandon's website:
            "In 2004, he announced the launch of an unprecedented partnership, Yankees-Steiner Collectibles, to provide fans with access to Yankees memorabilia and experiences at Yankee Stadium. In short, Brandon has figured out how to bring the fan closer to the game"

What a pompous ass.

Comment

• Bobby Jackson,NY's worst cell phone stadium MOVIE director
              3/9/2010 @1:00 P.M.

Will download movie of upper deck collapse tonight

Bring popcorn movie at 9:00PM

Comment

• Originally posted by 410 FT View Post
                Bobby Jackson,NY's worst cell phone stadium MOVIE director

Will download movie of upper deck collapse tonight

This is on par with watching JFK get shot. Terrible moment for our country, yet I must watch.
                Fake Yankee stadium Fail!

Comment

• Thanks for your tireless efforts, Bobby J. And Gary D, of course.

Not sure I want to eat popcorn while watching that movie. I might choke on a kernel.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 04golf View Post
                    Are they tearing town the triangular parking garage next to RYS also?
                    No, that's going to remain... it will be known as the 153rd Street Garage.
                    X
                    What's THAT guy doing?
                    - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• I thought this was a very unique shot: http://www.flickr.com/photos/schneiderclan/4418466147/
                      I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
                      - Walt Whitman

Comment

• Originally posted by 410 FT View Post
                        Bobby Jackson,NY's worst cell phone stadium MOVIE director

"A sad day for the Yanks as Don Zimmer explodes... Film at 11"
                        Last edited by giantsean; 03-09-2010, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Looks like Gary is getting recognized now....

http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2010/0...s_a_comin.html
                          www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• If you thought the quality was bad on regular cell phone photos wait till you get a load of this 19 second job. Any suggestions on how to download from cell phone to Forum please PM me. On the phone it looks great though. Three crane tractors pulled the wires in towards the infield while the upper deck tipped over and fell straight down(hense getting the box seat sections out of the way first). A second and a half later the noise and thunderous vibrations through the subway platform that died away just as quickly.
                            Bobby

Comment

• You should be able to upload it directly to youtube. Its probably in a 3gp file format...i think youtube accepts that now.
                              www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• Originally posted by richiek View Post
                                Actually, the bleachers weren't demolished until AFTER the Yanks won the WS.
                                That photo comes from a picture taken on November 4th, 2009( according to demolitionofyankeestadium.com archives). That is the same date( if a NYT article being written on the 5th is to be believed) that the Yankees clinched the WS. So if this curse was going to happen, the Yankees would have blown the 3-2 lead they had.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X