Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by StadiumPage View Post
    Its actually surprising how little attention the media is paying to this. When Shea was coming down, I was quoted in the Times and Daily News. Chris S. was on CBS880AM a few times I think...
    Maybe more journalists are Mets fans or simply don't want to venture into the Bronx...
    More likely its because most Yankee fans are fair weather baseball fans.

(note: thats not an indicment on Yankee fans here)

Comment

• Originally posted by 410 FT View Post
      Bobby Jackson,NY's worst cell phone stadium MOVIE director
      3/9/2010 @1:00 P.M.

Will download movie of upper deck collapse tonight

Bring popcorn movie at 9:00PM
      who are these men and where are they posting their photographs?
      www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• Back on

To: Mattingly85MVP-You have to pay a fare but it's the best deal in town. Go to the south end of the Manhattan bound S/B #4 elevated track.

Doctor_gogol - Thank You

SultanofWhat - Thanks

Jnakamura - It is a great photo.

JoeDOYS - Thanks

CHiller - Hope somebody can go tomorrow and get good video. I'm off for the next two days.

Maxlugar - I understand what you meant

Gary Dunaier - Thanks for the Flickr instructions I go over them next two days.

AFTER THE DUST SETTLED:

Check the NY1 televison station reporter nearest to me. He was filming for them. Check their website for hopefully his video.
        and the man again at the far end is the daily Italian videographer:

Someone go tomorrow 10AM-4PM you won't be dissapointed. I'm off untill Friday. The Upper deck will be gone within days. The right field section going down as videtaped from Stan's corner will be something.

Comment

• Here's the SAME section coming down from that reporter wearing the suit in the above photo.
          http://www.ny1.com/6-bronx-news-cont...ium?ap=1&Flash

"Great things can get done if you don't worry who gets credit"
          Winston Churchill
          Last edited by 410 FT; 03-09-2010, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• No! They removed it. I saw it before they removed it, sickening I must say......

Comment

• NY1 just removed the Bronx story on the demo,with the better video. I guess they don't follow Winston Churchill's advice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralf View Post

Change that "most" to "some" and you have a case.
                Most Yankee fans are real Yankee fans, winning or losing.
                I don't call the average fan a Yankee fan just because they go out and buy a Yankee hat because they win the big one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly85MVP View Post
                  do you have to pay the subway fare and go through the turn styles to access this area?
                  I was thinking about going this weekend to take some shots
                  Yes, you have to pay a fare to get to the subway platform. But don't bother planning to go this weekend... there's no Manhattan-bound #4 service at 161st Street during the following time periods, when Manhattan-bound #4 trains will not be stopping between Burnside Avenue and 149th Street...

March 1-19: 11.00pm to 5.00am Monday to Friday

March 5-15: 11.00pm Friday to 5.00am Monday

March 19-22: 11.00pm Friday to 6.00am Saturday... 11.00pm Saturday to 8.00am Sunday... 11.00pm Sunday to 5.00am Monday

This means the platform closest to Yankee Stadium will be closed during these times... but the MTA workers might let you up there to take pictures if you ask permission.
                  X
                  What's THAT guy doing?
                  - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Bobby Jackson the worlds worst cell phone videographer
                    3/9/2010 at 1 PM:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4PFTV9W9a4

Turn your head to the right,and twist

I apologize for the quality and angle as I turned the cell phone sideways to capture the widest angle. Anyone know how I can turn it around let me know.
                    Damn that was something....

Bobby try this tool (though it may not work for all formats) - http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products...and-Rotate.htm

Comment

Here's the SAME section coming down from that reporter wearing the suit in the above photo.

"Great things can get done if you don't worry who gets credit"
                      Winston Churchill
                      Nice piece done by that news team... I almost like NYS a little bit more despite the always annoying quips of the triumvirate of evil (Hal, Lonn, Randy)

Bobby... were you among the guys interviewed on the platform?

Comment

• Originally posted by quagmire View Post
                        No! They removed it. I saw it before they removed it, sickening I must say......
                        Moved to the Bronx section:

Comment

• Originally posted by StadiumPage View Post
                          ESPNZone in Times Square actually has one of the original tablets on display on the first floor. Its against the East wall of the place near the 1st floor bar.
                          I keep forgetting to take a picture of it...
                          Enough already...

"GIT R DUN"

Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

• Originally posted by MarcianoNY View Post
                            You can bet your ass Brandon Steiner has dibs on them. I mean, why would you even want to get them yourself? Wouldn't it be way more convenient to just pay Steiner $50k for one of them? From Brandon's website:
                            "In 2004, he announced the launch of an unprecedented partnership, Yankees-Steiner Collectibles, to provide fans with access to Yankees memorabilia and experiences at Yankee Stadium. In short, Brandon has figured out how to bring the fan closer to the game"

What a pompous ass.

Just bring your wallet.
                            Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralf View Post

I think the truth of this is this: New York City was always a National League town. 2 of the 3 teams in the city were in the National League so it would make sense that 2/3 of the city were rooting for the NL. Then when the Mets came I think that the city was still 2/3 Mets fans, mostly anyway. Now what is happening is that the Yankees went on a run from 1996 to 2000 and won 4 World Series. They have also been very competitive since 2000. So the fan base which is very young has only seen playoff caliber teams. Most Yankee fans have only seen 1 year (2008) where the Yankees didn't make the playoffs. So to say they're fair weather fans without giving them the chance to have a few bad years is too early. Again, just my opinion.

Comment

Bobby Jackson the worlds worst cell phone videographer
                                3/9/2010 at 1 PM:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4PFTV9W9a4

Turn your head to the right,and twist

I apologize for the quality and angle as I turned the cell phone sideways to capture the widest angle. Anyone know how I can turn it around let me know.
                                I don't care what anyone says but that sucker comin down must have been LOUD even from your vantage point! And that's the biggest text on here.
                                RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X