No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judge Smails ,I'm staring at the keyboard for ten minutes not knowing what to say,Great photos. Gary,I really like your night photos and the one from a week ago looking out from inside the doorway(Bowling alley or Unity tavern side entrance?)

Comment

• Originally posted by 410 FT View Post
      Judge Smails ,I'm staring at the keyboard for ten minutes not knowing what to say,Great photos. Gary,I really like your night photos and the one from a week ago looking out from inside the doorway(Bowling alley or Unity tavern side entrance?)
      Isn't that a redundant statement!!!!:bowdown:
      Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

• redundant in that I keep on saying I like his photos,yea.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeDOYS View Post
          I read somewhere that a group of fans every year gather at that wall and listen to a radio broadcast of game 7 of the '60 world series....
          Dear Joe,

That sounds like a neat way to spend a night. A lot of nice people get together and enjoy the game. It's great to hear the familiar names.

-Mike

Comment

• On WCBS NewsRadio 880, there was a John something (think they said 'Brush'?) who was VERY briefly 'interviewed' during the 8:30-9AM half hour on a story about Yankee Stadium. He was pleading the case for Gate 2.

GOOD WORK, JOHN!
            Last edited by RichieA13; 03-12-2010, 07:04 AM.
            ------------------------------------------
            www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
            www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
            www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Wagner View Post
              Dear Joe,

That sounds like a neat way to spend a night. A lot of nice people get together and enjoy the game. It's great to hear the familiar names.

-Mike
              heres the article...pretty cool stuff.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08284/918907-63.stm
              www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• Wow, Judge. Amazing shots. Best I've seen on here in a long time.

Comment

• My Friend took this panoramic photo yesterday- check out the original size in the Flickr link below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kingfal/4425610111/

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeDOYS View Post
                    I read somewhere that a group of fans every year gather at that wall and listen to a radio broadcast of game 7 of the '60 world series....
                    they gotta get a life...
                    the turd in the punchbowl
                    reality really sucks.
                    enjoy the game more...

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul W View Post
                      they gotta get a life...
                      Spoken (or written, in this case) like a TRUE NEW YORKER.
                      Best laught of the day. Maybe the week! Good one!

Cheers!
                      -Doug
                      20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Comment

• "Mr Yankee" Billy (I carry Mickey Mantle's baseball card in my wallet) Crystal
                        2. Chaz "Bronx Tale"
                        3. Jack Nicolson
                        4. Penny (Laverne) Marshall
                        5. Paul Simon
                        6. LeBron (will he be a Knick) "King" James
                        get into the mix to save the Gate.
                        There is nothing like publicity and exposure from people with big money to make things happen. Heck, maybe even Rudy can help.

Yes, a good idea, but we have to reach out to the local community groups, show them that gate 2 does not encroach on the ballfields. It seems to me that the city could create space ( from private contributions) for exhibit related to the communiity, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeDean View Post
                          Yes, a good idea, but we have to reach out to the local community groups, show them that gate 2 does not encroach on the ballfields. It seems to me that the city could create space ( from private contributions) for exhibit related to the communiity, etc.
                          there's been too much ill will created by the city & nyy about the loss of the fields to get any sort of a positive response from the locals.

the clock is tick, tick, ticking and the time has passed. this energy should have been expended 3 years ago.
                          the turd in the punchbowl
                          reality really sucks.
                          enjoy the game more...

Comment

there's been too much ill will created by the city & nyy about the loss of the fields to get any sort of a positive response from the locals.

the clock is tick, tick, ticking and the time has passed. this energy should have been expended 3 years ago.
                            Wasn't the plan 3 years ago calling for a partial demo with removing the upper deck? Since then the community complained which made it go to full demo.

Comment

• i just hope the new park doesnt turn into the eye sore that the old park was. i understand the need for a community park but i hope they take care of this one but unfortunately in this day and age the public isnt interested in taking care of anything.

Comment

they gotta get a life...
                                Oh cmon, cut the poor pirate fans some slack.
                                www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X