Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YankeeDean View Post
    "Mr Yankee" Billy (I carry Mickey Mantle's baseball card in my wallet) Crystal
    2. Chaz "Bronx Tale"
    3. Jack Nicolson
    4. Penny (Laverne) Marshall
    5. Paul Simon
    6. LeBron (will he be a Knick) "King" James
    get into the mix to save the Gate.
    There is nothing like publicity and exposure from people with big money to make things happen. Heck, maybe even Rudy can help.

Yes, a good idea, but we have to reach out to the local community groups, show them that gate 2 does not encroach on the ballfields. It seems to me that the city could create space ( from private contributions) for exhibit related to the communiity, etc.
    Don't forget Adam Sandler, Spike Lee, Regis, many many more... And speaking of Billy Crystal, whatever happened to JimmyJimJimz?

Comment

• Originally posted by YanksRule View Post
      My Friend took this panoramic photo yesterday- check out the original size in the Flickr link below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kingfal/4425610111/
      Nice panoramic YanksRule. After the whole stadium comes down it should be interesting to see what kind of views you might have from the new park. I wonder how far into Manhattan you would be able to see.
      Today I Consider Myself the Luckiest Man on the Face of this Earth...

“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They says his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand...”
      Ernest Hemingway
      “The Old Man and the Sea”

sigpic

Comment

• According to pictures posted in Joe's Demoliton of Yankee Stadium site, the remaining sliver of upper deck left field came down yesterday. I can't see the picture YanksRule's friend took (for some reason I can't access Flickr while at work), but if it's the same panoramic view as the one at Joe's site credited to "Fallon Chan," then the last remaining sliver of left field stands is gone... the furthest even number section still up is now section 8, with a piece of 10 at the extreme edge.

Wednesday I got some twilight exterior views from behind home plate. (I'll try to get them up sometime this evening.) As we keep losing the upper deck it will be important to document the visual appearance of the exterior without the upper deck. It won't hit you at first, but as you look along the third base side you'll see that the stands stop short instead of going all the way to the end... and yes, it will look strange. Wonder how it will be as they get closer to the areas behind the plate.

(For those who don't know, home plate was aligned with the "K" in "YANKEE STADIUM"... not the two windows between "YANKEE" and "STADIUM," and not the Gate 4 escalator pod.)
        X
        What's THAT guy doing?
        - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
          According to pictures posted in Joe's Demoliton of Yankee Stadium site, the remaining sliver of upper deck left field came down yesterday. I can't see the picture YanksRule's friend took (for some reason I can't access Flickr while at work), but if it's the same panoramic view as the one at Joe's site credited to "Fallon Chan," then the last remaining sliver of left field stands is gone... the furthest even number section still up is now section 8, with a piece of 10 at the extreme edge.
          Yes, it's Fallon's photo.

Comment

• updated my desktop wallpaper today. my camera sucks.
            Attached Files
            www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• The real tragedy of the noble attempt to commemorate and honor old Yankee Stadium isn't the arrogance and ignorance of the Parks Department and Design Commission, but the silence and apathy of the New York Yankees.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Jones View Post
                The real tragedy of the noble attempt to commemorate and honor old Yankee Stadium isn't the arrogance and ignorance of the Parks Department and Design Commission, but the silence and apathy of the New York Yankees.
                As an outsider and hopefully objective observer, I agree with your statement 100%. It's also very surprising to me. I had held the organization itself in higher esteem before this.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiggerODell View Post
                  As an outsider and hopefully objective observer, I agree with your statement 100%. It's also very surprising to me. I had held the organization itself in higher esteem before this.
                  no surprise here, nyy is a business and making the $$$'s is paramount. don't like it? DON'T BUY THEIR TICKETS OR SOUVENIRS !
                  HIT 'EM WHERE IT HURTS THE MOST! CAN YOU RESIST THEM??
                  the turd in the punchbowl
                  reality really sucks.
                  enjoy the game more...

Comment

• Originally posted by YanksRule View Post
                    My Friend took this panoramic photo yesterday- check out the original size in the Flickr link below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kingfal/4425610111/

Dang! What scale is the original size?

1:1?
                    Vintage Photos of Detroit Ballparks:
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/doctor_gogol/sets/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/

Comment

• Originally posted by doctor_gogol View Post
                      Dang! What scale is the original size?

1:1?
                      With pans that wide, up that close you'd probably need to take 5 or 6 pictures before stitching to get that field of vision.
                      If he had a 12 MP camera, each image is 4000 x 3000 px (55 inches x 41 inches in my camera.) If you multiply that by 6 pictures you've got a 20 x 27 FOOT picture at full size.
                      StadiumPage.com
                      Stadium Google Map

Comment

• These photos from Flickr (not mine) show they're digging into Section 6...

(Uploaded to Flickr.com by user luzcie sombra on 3/12/10; described as having been taken March 12, 2010. Link to original Flickr.com upload: here.)

(Uploaded to Flickr.com by user luzcie sombra on 3/12/10; described as having been taken March 12, 2010. Link to original Flickr.com upload: here.)
                        Last edited by Gary Dunaier; 03-12-2010, 08:36 PM.
                        X
                        What's THAT guy doing?
                        - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• That's just depressing looking

Comment

• Originally posted by VAPYankees4 View Post
                            That's just depressing looking
                            What is sad, and yet amazing is that even though they are ripping the old girl apart, she still has sleeker lines then the balloon like structure across the street

Comment

• The photos I took Wednesday the 10th are now up on Flickr... here's a sample...

Be careful to hold on very tight to the handrail as you navigate the steps outside section 28...

Here's a widescreen view of the area where the Yankees' clubhouse was (the entrance was somewhere below Main level section 9)...

Continuing my tradition of getting pictures inside the ballpark restrooms, here's the wall of the ladies' room on the Field level, just inside the Gate 4 entry. The sinks are gone but you can see soap dispensers, paper towel dispensers, a baby changing station, and even ads on the wall...

This is one of the views I talked about in an earlier post... a twilight view of the old girl in its twilight. If you look along the third base side you'll see that the stands stop short instead of going all the way to the end... that's section 10, which (at least to my knowledge) is as of this moment the furthest from the plate on the third base side. This shot was taken from directly behind home plate...

A night view from 158th Street near River Avenue...

Night view of Gate 2, taken from the 161st Street subway platform... that blue light bathing the stadium is coming from the present facility's marquee...

Finally... I had to save this one for last... the Yankees honoring one legend while they destroy another...

X
                              What's THAT guy doing?

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeDOYS View Post
                                updated my desktop wallpaper today. my camera sucks.
                                Dude if your camera "sucked" you wouldn't have that impressive spread on your desk! :hyper: You work in finance or something? I work as a technician in a large bank and everyone has two monitors - minimum. some have 4, two ontop of two, or even 6.
                                RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X