Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Gary,

You are such a wonderful, dedicated photographer. Again, thank you for your time and effort. The same for all the other gentleman who post their great photos, too.

I know one of you talented photoshoppers can make Gate 2 look like it stands alone.

-Mike Wagner

Comment

• In Harry Swanson's book, "Ruthless Baseball," a worker buried an artifact for good luck for the new Yankee Stadium in 1922 or 1923. If I recall correctly, Harry said a bottle was notated on a set of plans (possibly a Ruppert beer bottle). It would be nice if it was found.

-Mike Wagner
      Last edited by Mike Wagner; 03-13-2010, 04:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Wagner View Post
        In Harry Swanson's book, "Ruthless Baseball," a worker buried an artifact for good luck for the new Yankee Stadium in 1922 or 1923. If I recall correctly, Harry said a bottle was notated on a set of plans (possibly a Ruppert beer bottle). It would be nice if it was found.

-Mike Wagner

Wow...
        Good thing they ripped out that Ortiz jersey from NYS, in 2008...
        "We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by DN4L View Post
          Wow...
          Good thing they ripped out that Ortiz jersey from NYS, in 2008...
          Yeah there is deffinitly no curse on the new stadium.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
            According to pictures posted in Joe's Demoliton of Yankee Stadium site, the remaining sliver of upper deck left field came down yesterday. I can't see the picture YanksRule's friend took (for some reason I can't access Flickr while at work), but if it's the same panoramic view as the one at Joe's site credited to "Fallon Chan," then the last remaining sliver of left field stands is gone... the furthest even number section still up is now section 8, with a piece of 10 at the extreme edge.
            You guys believe this crap! Gary has a job?
            Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

• Originally posted by joedoys View Post
              updated my desktop wallpaper today. My camera sucks.
              Show Off!!!!!
              Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

• Originally posted by DiggerODell View Post
                As an outsider and hopefully objective observer, I agree with your statement 100%. It's also very surprising to me. I had held the organization itself in higher esteem before this.
                Why?

Steinbrenner sucks. All he does is spend money. Yes, that's very important to a winning team. But if you're willing to put up with the torment and arrogance so you can root for a winning team, then great. Me, I'd rather be treated like a human being.

Comment

• Originally posted by cgcoyne2 View Post
                  Why?

Steinbrenner sucks. All he does is spend money. Yes, that's very important to a winning team. But if you're willing to put up with the torment and arrogance so you can root for a winning team, then great. Me, I'd rather be treated like a human being.
                  How are you not treated like a human being by George Steinbrenner and the New York Yankees?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post
                    Dude if your camera "sucked" you wouldn't have that impressive spread on your desk! :hyper: You work in finance or something? I work as a technician in a large bank and everyone has two monitors - minimum. some have 4, two ontop of two, or even 6.
                    I use it for gaming, my game of choice is iracing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0oMowdTxIk
                    www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• [QUOTE=cgcoyne2;1703286]Why?

Steinbrenner sucks. All he does is spend money. Yes, that's very important to a winning team. But if you're willing to put up with the torment and arrogance so you can root for a winning team, then great. Me, I'd rather be treated

What animal do you think Yankee fans feel like
                      Ballparks, Stadiums, & Green Diamonds Died In '08

Comment

• Here is one more...Will post more a little later.
                        Taken Tuesday 3/9/10
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by cgcoyne2 View Post
                          Why?

All Steinbrenner did was save a gloried franchise from the depths of despair. He took a team that was a distant second in NY, failed to even draw one million fans in 1972.....and within a few years won 3 pennants and 2 WS.

If Wilpon sucked like that, Mets fans would kneel at his feet.

Besides, Steinbrenner has not run the operations in at least 5 years. Even at the NYS groundbreaking ceremony in Aug 2006, he was kept away from the spotlight (he had been rambling about the heat that day, and not much else).

Show me any clip where George is speaking, from Aug 2006 to the present. No press clippings, no supposed quotes, no third party stuff. Anybody out there, just show us visible proof that George is capable of running anything right now. He is NOT the person who decided if RYS gate 2 remains. (IMHO, he would save it)

Too bad the HOF would not enshrine him while he could enjoy it !!

Comment

• I went up to the Stadium again today, check out the pics at StadiumPage.com. Feel free to re-post whatever you want here.

1 video and about 50 pics. Manhattan-bound platform was closed again and the station worker wouldn't budge. Too bad.
                            NASTY weather today in NY...

Best of the bunch:
                            StadiumPage.com
                            Stadium Google Map

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Smails View Post
                              Here is one more...Will post more a little later.
                              Taken Tuesday 3/9/10

This is a great shot, Judge!
                              "We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

Comment

• Yankee Stadium: Gate 2

Originally posted by Mike Wagner View Post
                                Dear Gary,

You are such a wonderful, dedicated photographer. Again, thank you for your time and effort. The same for all the other gentleman who post their great photos, too.

I know one of you talented photoshoppers can make Gate 2 look like it stands alone.

-Mike Wagner
                                Sorry, not the best attempt, but I have no idea what would be on the right side. Would you be able to see ballfields from this angle??

Yankee Stadium Demolition 3.jpg

Gary, I hope you do not mind me editing your photo. If so, please let me know, and I will delete.
                                Last edited by locke40; 03-13-2010, 10:48 AM. Reason: Gary, we cool?
                                sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X