No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For people who don't believe in curses, a lot of us sure do have faith in the idea that ghosts are being killed...
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by quagmire View Post
      A lot of people say the ghosts have moved to the new stadium. Seeing some events happen at NYS, I would believe them.
      As nice as that sounds, it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. No longer can we say that Babe Ruth or Lou Gehrig ever played on that field, or played within the confines of Yankee Stadium. It was the thought of them playing there that conjured up images of "ghosts." We all know that there is no such thing as ACTUAL ghosts determining the outcome of the game; leave that non-sense for Hollywood. Sitting in the RYS, you could legitimately think that the sounds of the crowd cheering was almost the same sound that Babe Ruth heard. In NYS, Alfredo Aceves once pitched on that mound!! My gosh!
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly85MVP View Post
        in memoriam
        do you have a full res shot of this I can use for wallpaper? beautiful pic, you really get a warm feel for the old girl here, and its not often you see a shot at that time of day.

Comment

• Originally posted by locke40 View Post
          As nice as that sounds, it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. No longer can we say that Babe Ruth or Lou Gehrig ever played on that field, or played within the confines of Yankee Stadium. It was the thought of them playing there that conjured up images of "ghosts." We all know that there is no such thing as ACTUAL ghosts determining the outcome of the game; leave that non-sense for Hollywood. Sitting in the RYS, you could legitimately think that the sounds of the crowd cheering was almost the same sound that Babe Ruth heard. In NYS, Alfredo Aceves once pitched on that mound!! My gosh!
          You sure ghosts are not real? Max thinks they are since NYC just killed Babe Ruth's ghost....... Hell, he thinks it is worse then the tsunami back in 2004/2005(?).

Seriously Max, stop with these ridiculous comparisons.

Comment

• With every gust of wind, another Yankee great's Ghost gets its smashed particles blown across the Harlem River. Are you happy now Yankees?! Why must we suffer the deaths of our heroes twice?!
            Fake Yankee stadium Fail!

Comment

To say that is not fair. CC Sabathia, Andy Pettitte, and Mariano Rivera have pitched on the mound at NYS. Pettitte is arguably the game's best postseason pitcher, Sabathia is certainly one of the best lefties in the game and with a few more years of good pitching will be in hall contention, and Mariano speaks for himself. You're comparing 85 years of history to 1!
              Last edited by Yankeefan90; 03-15-2010, 08:36 AM.
              The 27 Time World Series Champions New York Yankees!

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiIcBy1c-aI
                www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeefan90 View Post
                  To say that is not fair. CC Sabathia, Andy Pettitte, and Mariano Rivera have pitched on the mound at NYS. Pettitte is arguably the game's best postseason pitcher, Sabathia is certainly one of the best lefties in the game and with a few more years of good pitching will be in hall contention, and Mariano speaks for himself. You're comparing 85 years of history to 1!
                  It works the same way with your logic. Mariano has been pitching for the Yankees since 1995...Thats 14 complete seasons on the mound at the Original Yankee Stadium. He has 1 complete year at the NYS and not too many more.
                  Same goes for Petitte....How many years does he have left? His Post Season stats at NYS will be be considered a "Mere Bag of Shells" in comparison to his Post Season stats at the Original.
                  Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Avid fan of the greatest Stadium ever built! Both in beauty and aesthetics throughout its long Glorious history.

Comment

In 50 years, 80 years we can say that Derek Jeter played on that field. And I'm sure they'll be alot more to come.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by threeyoda View Post
                      In 50 years, 80 years we can say that Derek Jeter played on that field. And I'm sure they'll be alot more to come.
                      In 50-80 years we'll probably having a debate either on saving Gate 4 of NYS or criticizing the renovation of NYS as well.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeefan90 View Post
                        Those guys are great, and of course Jeter is an alltime Yankee, but the tradition of Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, Mantle, Berra, etc would be VERY hard for any team to match, even the Yankees in the future. That was an insane run of absolute top players that may never be seen again.
                        I AM SO THANKFUL FOR BEING BORN IN NEW YORK AND FOR BEING A FAN OF ALL NEW YORK SPORTS TEAMS

Comment

• One thing you guys are missing;

50-80 years from now when RNYS is set to be demolished, because the real Yankee Stadium property will be a park, they can just build the new one there.

By that time they could probably clone Mantle and Ruth, thaw out Ted Williams' head and we can see some REAL baseball.
                          Last edited by doctor_gogol; 03-15-2010, 10:44 AM.
                          Vintage Photos of Detroit Ballparks:
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/doctor_gogol/sets/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/

Comment

• I've just received word from a trusted Yankee ghost insider that a deal is in the works. But it's kind of a good news/ bad news situation....

The good news? They are willing to give up one ghost for the new Yankee stadium.

The bad news? It just the ghost of Ted Williams' head.

Seems it’s been there for a while. Someone left it on a can of ghost tuna. (Chicken of the Deceased) Just the head. Take it or leave it.

All they want is a nice sized chunk of the Stadium to hang out in. And by nice sized they mean pretty big. They need room. Luis Tiant aint gonna live forever, if you know what they mean.

Now I know, it's not Joe D. or The Mick or the now recently dead again Babe.... But it's a start.

I'll keep you all updated as events unfold.

Your pal,

Maxy
                            Fake Yankee stadium Fail!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maxlugar View Post
                              Luis Tiant aint gonna live forever, if you know what they mean.
                              Luis Tiant used to do commercials on the television for the Yankee Franks brand of frankfurters, or "hot dogs."

Luis Tiant used to play baseball for the New York Yankees of the American League (A.L.).
                              X
                              What's THAT guy doing?
                              - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• My god, you would think that some kind of holy land was being desecrated by the way some of you go on about this. It was a great place, theres alot of great memories there but its gone and nothing can be done. Did you really think it was going to stay open forever? At some point in time things change. I loved going to Yankee Stadium and when I drove by the other day and saw the upper deck missing, I got choked up but youre going to have to accept it. I dont understand why people just cant embrace the new place instead of finding things to bitch about it with it. Sure its not as loud and crazy but in one season I already got some great memories from there.

As for the person who said Rudy and George made that steel girder fall and youre going to 'reopen an investigation', I hope that for your sanity that was a joke.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X