Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 410 FT View Post
    I took this one as I was leaving because I noticed a worker urinating in right center field behind the tractor
    I bet that isn't the 1st time someone peed in the outfield. Knowing Ruth's and Mantle's drinking histories, I bet it happened more than once.
    Vintage Photos of Detroit Ballparks:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/doctor_gogol/sets/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/

Comment

• Gary,the same person. Hope she's not part of the Forum.
      Joe,what's really remarkable is that there are port-a-potties all around for their use, couple that with the fact that they know by now there is on average at least 2-5 people taking pictures and video from all angles throughout the day.

Extra photo from yesterday:

Comment

• Originally posted by JE Piper View Post
        The classic 1923 opening day photo compared to last Saturday....closest I could get to the original vantage point without being run over in the middle of the street.
        Can we turn back the clock?

Comment

• Wow. Two more days and the whole upper deck will be gone. I keep saying wow. A while back I wondered why Bloomberg, who I voted for and support, since he still has some Boston carpetbagger history sticking to him (gasp! was he a Red Sox fan?), couldn't make a grand yet relatively inexpensive gesture to his adopted city by picking up the tab on saving gate 2.

Comment

• Here some of my iPhone pictures from yesterday (3.22.10). I didn't see anyone from baseball-fever there; the weather was terrible and drizzly.

sigpic

Comment

• The more I think about it, the happier I am that we bought tickets to go to NYS after the demo of OYS is supposed to be done. Could not imagine actually seeing it down to its last pieces of concrete in person. Would be too gut wrenching....

Comment

• Any pictures from today? Did another section go wayward?

Comment

• Two sections should have fallen today. I'm going thurs to see last Tier sect fall. I don't have the link to the DN Gate 2 article. I'm sure it will be on the SaveGate2 site soon. When we do meet for the last wall down, perhaps a toast after that at Stan's? Or the Yankee Tavern? Then we'll follow the dump truck from the site and grab ourselves some souvenirs.
                  Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                    Or maybe it was Lonn Trost?
                    Gives a whole new meaning to the word "moat."
                    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Monument View Post
                      When we do meet for the last wall down, perhaps a toast after that at Stan's? Or the Yankee Tavern? Then we'll follow the dump truck from the site and grab ourselves some souvenirs.

How about having the toast at the Hard Rock, inside NYS?

"We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Monument View Post
                        Two sections should have fallen today. I'm going thurs to see last Tier sect fall. I don't have the link to the DN Gate 2 article. I'm sure it will be on the SaveGate2 site soon. When we do meet for the last wall down, perhaps a toast after that at Stan's? Or the Yankee Tavern? Then we'll follow the dump truck from the site and grab ourselves some souvenirs.
                        I'm thinking or hoping to watch the last section fall while standing on the 4 subway platform. At the front of the downtown or if it's closed, the end of the uptown.

Comment

• Originally posted by DN4L View Post
                          How about having the toast at the Hard Rock, inside NYS?

Is that NYY Steak sign new?

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach Bombay View Post
                            No. That went up right around the midpoint of last season.
                            Today I Consider Myself the Luckiest Man on the Face of this Earth...

“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They says his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand...”
                            Ernest Hemingway
                            “The Old Man and the Sea”

sigpic

Comment

Yes, it was added late last season...

"We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

Comment

No. That went up right around the midpoint of last season.
                                Today I Consider Myself the Luckiest Man on the Face of this Earth...

“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They says his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand...”
                                Ernest Hemingway
                                “The Old Man and the Sea”

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X