Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by locke40 View Post
    Hi Mike,

No problem at all. I thought it was an excellent read that would be appreciated on this website; Drew definitely has a way with words. And I agree, if nothing substantial is saved (please spare me the hideous bat/vent/whatever that thing is), future generations will look down on the Yankees, just as I look down on those responsible for the renovation.

I feel sorry for Teixeira/CC/Burnett, who never got to experience what it feels like to win at the real Yankee Stadium. It must have felt weird for the older players to celebrate on their home field, and not having the deafening crowd noise right on top of you. Sad state of affairs.
    Don't feel "sorry" for Teixeira/CC/Burnet, aka $20 Mil/$ 23 Mil/$ 16.5 Mil. They all got their rings.

Comment

• More Money, More Problems

Originally posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
      Don't feel "sorry" for Teixeira/CC/Burnet, aka $20 Mil/$ 23 Mil/$ 16.5 Mil. They all got their rings.

True, they are very rich men. However, I was speaking more from the heart, more about the intangibles of being a New York Yankee.
      sigpic

Comment

• Do you really think the current Yankees who did not win in the old park really care about that fact??

I know some people here want to argue on their points about their love affairs for the old park and their disdain for the new one and thats fine, but seriously, that's really stretching out it out there!
        If anything many of those new players from last year are probably super proud they not only won as Yankees but the firsts to win it in the brand new park.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Vaz View Post
          Do you really think the current Yankees who did not win in the old park really care about that fact??

I know some people here want to argue on their points about their love affairs for the old park and their disdain for the new one and thats fine, but seriously, that's really stretching out it out there!
          If anything many of those new players from last year are probably super proud they not only won as Yankees but the firsts to win it in the brand new park.
          EXACTLY.

Liking the OYS or even RYS is one thing. But there are a few people on the forum who go way way overboard on things.

Most people on BF are sad to see YS go. Many baseball fans across the country may care. But the majority of Americans probably could not care less in the grand scheme of things.

Some of the hyperbole is sickening at times; recall the "it is like a loved one dying of cancer" quote here. If that person had a family member go through that and feels the same way about a building, they probably need some real help.

I agree with Jim Vaz 100%. Let's not stretch this, and let's stop comparing this to the WTC, or Pearl Harbor, or Hiroshima, etc.

Many of us went to OYS and are sad to see it go. Many of us want Gate 2 saved. Many of us thing Bloomberg is out of control. But let's keep some sanity around here.

Comment

True, they are very rich men. However, I was speaking more from the heart, more about the intangibles of being a New York Yankee.
            You really belive that bs? "intanglibles of being a Yankee"? WTF does that even mean.

Comment

• will you-all up on the subway station platform, the mta deficit must be drying up...
              the turd in the punchbowl
              reality really sucks.
              enjoy the game more...

Comment

• This pictures are sickening to see, but thanks to Gary and Bobby, and everybody else who is getting great shots. Thanks for keeping us updated on all of it, and showing us what is really going on. SO tough to see though.
                Parks I've been to- RYS, NYS, Shea, Citi, CBP, Fenway,Dodger, At&T, Oakland, Nationals, Wrigley, US Cellular and Target Field.

Comment

• "But the winds of progress, driven by greed and lack of imagination swept through and defiled what was once a magnificent edifice".

WELL said, Drew ..... :bowdown:
                  ------------------------------------------
                  www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
                  www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
                  www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

------------------------------------------

Comment

• How come the demo team has to remove the entire grandstand first before removing the facade? Wouldn't it be faster if they knocked down the remaining parts of the grandstand while at the same time tearing down Gate 2 on the opposite side of the stadium? I don't see how the two can possibly interfere with one another, and I would think it could make the entire process much quicker.
                    sigpic

Comment

I feel sorry for Teixeira/CC/Burnett, who never got to experience what it feels like to win at the real Yankee Stadium.
                      CC experienced what it feels like to win at the real Yankee Stadium in 2007.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpcv8 View Post
                        You really belive that bs? "intanglibles of being a Yankee"? WTF does that even mean.
                        Yes, of course I believe it. When a team has won 27 World's Championships, it will carry with it intangible qualities not associated with any other team.
                        Last edited by locke40; 03-24-2010, 10:39 AM. Reason: "I want to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe Dimaggio
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes, of course I believe it. When a team has won 27 World's Championships, it will carry with it intangible qualities not associated with any other team.
                          Do you belive in the tooth fairy as well?

The only "intangibles" they Yankees have over the rest of MLB is their revenue stream that allows them to buy the best players at contracts that are unreasonable for any other team to match.

All those "intaginbles" didn't mean a thing in the 80's when Georges meddling prevented a good team from being put out on the field.

If "intangiles" were worth anything, then Notre Damn football would be competeing for a championship every year.

Comment

• "The Destruction of Yankee Stadium with the Theoretical Rescue of Gate Two," a classic engraving by Giovanni Battista Piranesi.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DN4L View Post
                              How about having the toast at the Hard Rock, inside NYS?

No. You don't toast OYS/RYS inside of NYS. The Yankee Tavern goes back to the days of The Babe, so it's an appropriate location.
                              Last edited by The Monument; 03-24-2010, 01:46 PM.
                              Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

• Originally posted by RichieA13 View Post
                                I was in NO WAY demeaning Gate 2's effort to get their story out there & into the newspaper, sabbathunter. Congrats to them!! ANY ink is good ink (for the MOST part, anyway!!) I was taking a shot at the Daily News for not deeming the story important enough to run it in the "actual" newspaper.
                                Is it in that section because it IS a paid piece? Maybe Richard can weigh in.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X