Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by giantsean View Post
    I say we ghostwrite a letter from the '27 Yankees thanking Liam for his help in keeping their memory alive.
    I call the ghost of Herb Pennock.
    www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• Originally posted by SvobodaIT View Post
      Sounds kinda elitist.
      Thanks for the compliment!

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsean View Post
        Is it in that section because it IS a paid piece? Maybe Richard can weigh in.
        Originally posted by RichieA13 View Post

I didn't realize it was a paid piece.....that may indeed be why it was placed there instead of the regular section.
        It was NOT a paid piece.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Jones View Post
          I could have sworn that the request to preserve the balconies and terra cotta motifs (among other "decorative" elements of Gate 2) came from the COMMITTEE TO COMMEMORATE OLD YANKEE STADIUM. I know that it was that Committee which proposed renaming the park, OLD YANKEE STADIUM PARK (as opposed to Heritage Park) to which the Parks Department and Design Commission gave a "thumbs up."

I commend the COMMITTEE TO COMMEMORATE OLD YANKEE STADIUM for making a difference...Congratulations!
          When was that request made? Did you receive a response?

And changing the name of the park is a small and hollow victory IMO. Making that request also gave the Design Commission the opportunity to throw us a bone - but not the one we would have wanted. That never should have been brought up as it took focus off of the primary goal.

Comment

• At 3:24pm today, the last section of the upper deck came crashing down. If I knew how to upload pics, I would send them. I am sure others will be posting soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
              At 3:24pm today, the last section of the upper deck came crashing down. If I knew how to upload pics, I would send them. I am sure others will be posting soon.
              Wow, the greatest upper deck experience in professional sports history is gone forever. FCUK that.

Use imgur.com. It's fast, easy, and free.
              Last edited by locke40; 03-25-2010, 02:48 PM. Reason: FCUK that.
              sigpic

Comment

Please help. I have been fortunate (I guess) enough to take some pictures of the tragety that is taking place on 161st Street and don't know how to post them. Can I please get some guidance so I can share them and future pictures. Thank you,
                Get into an advanced reply and click on the paper clip icon.

Click on the add file button in the top right of the screen that opens.

Click on the select files button on the screen that opens.

Find the pictures on your computer, and click the open button

Click on the upload files button.

The picture filename should appear in the attachments section of the screen.

Close the screen by clicking the x in the upper right.

That'll getter done.
                First Game- Twinight DH, Mets vs. Cards at Shea, August 22, 1965

Comment

• click on my signature and you will see a sequence of the last piece of the UD coming down.

switching over to a flash based layout, no more hotlinking the pics from there - its killing my BW.
                  www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• Originally posted by locke40 View Post
                    Wow, the greatest upper deck experience in professional sports history is gone forever. FCUK that.

Use imgur.com. It's fast, easy, and free.
                    This is I have to agree with you on. Very intimidating. Even I the Mets fan LOVED sitting up there!

Comment

At 3:24pm today, the last section of the upper deck came crashing down. If I knew how to upload pics, I would send them. I am sure others will be posting soon.

I drove right past the Stadium around 2:45PM this afternoon & saw she was still standing. When I passed it about an hour ago heading back home, I noticed she had been felled. Also noticed more 'test holes" along to the remaining crown of the Stadium as well.
                      ------------------------------------------
                      www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
                      www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
                      www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

------------------------------------------

Comment

• Attached, not hotlinked, Joe

From demolitionofyankeestadium (attached, not hotlinked, Joe):

Yankee Stadium Demolition 9.jpg

Yankee Stadium Demolition 10.jpg

Yankee Stadium Demolition 11.jpg

Yankee Stadium Demolition 12.jpg

Yankee Stadium Demolition 13.jpg
                        sigpic

Comment

From demolitionofyankeestadium (attached, not hotlinked, Joe):

Yankee Stadium Demolition 14.jpg

Yankee Stadium Demolition 15.jpg
                          sigpic

Comment

• Upper Deck Collapse

Here is a gif image I made with the above photos. Not the greatest quality, but interesting nonetheless.

Upper Deck Collapse.gif
                            Last edited by locke40; 03-25-2010, 06:07 PM. Reason: Rest In Peace, my old friend.
                            sigpic

Comment

Here is another gif image I made with the above photos, but slightly slower. Not the greatest quality, but interesting nonetheless.

Upper Deck Collapse (Slow).gif
                              Last edited by locke40; 03-25-2010, 06:08 PM. Reason: Rest In Peace, my old friend.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Nice job locke40. I got both sections falling on video, the first from the garage roof on the 1B side, the last from just about right next to you. There were about 40 people outside NYS taking pix of that last section going down, about 10-15 of them NYY employees that came out of the Stadium just before it fell. GATE 2 ALERT! It is scheduled to fall next Tuesday.
                                Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X