Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by David Atkatz View Post
    Yeah.. that sure sounds like you're open-minded, alright.

(I'm sure you reached that conclusion based on years and years of experience. Oh, wait... )
    What do you know about my experience? You don't even know me!
    I'm sorry if many of the elderly people I've come across in my 33 years have been stubborn and stuck in their ways, not all of them, but definitely most. I guess you live in a fairy tale world where the opposite is true, but if you read some of the posts on this board, my statement is 100% accurate as a comparison to these people.

Comment

• Originally posted by DM23MVP View Post
      I'm sorry if many of the elderly people I've come across in my 33 years have been stubborn and stuck in their ways, not all of them, but definitely most. I guess you live in a fairy tale world where the opposite is true, but if you read some of the posts on this board, my statement is 100% accurate as a comparison to these people.
      So you stand by your prior statement. PC's and forums like this weren't even conceived yet when we graduated high school, and yet here we are. Wisdom gained over the years allows us to appreciate the past while looking forward, if you're lucky, you too will have the chance to know this.

Comment

• Originally posted by DM23MVP View Post
        Keep digging yourself a hole.

Now, according to you, anyone who's seen a game in the original Stadium is "elderly, " and "stuck in their ways."

You're sounding more and more open-minded with each post.

Comment

Keep digging yourself a hole.

Now, according to you, anyone who's seen a game in the original Stadium is "elderly, " and "stuck in their ways."

You're sounding more and more open-minded with each post.
          You forgot a comma after yourself.

Comment

• Outstanding, mets16!
            Last edited by David Atkatz; 03-26-2009, 07:38 PM. Reason: (corrected typo)

Comment

Outstanding. mets16!
              I hope you like it. It is a "Mod proof" way of insulting.

Comment

• Dave!

Haven't heard from you in a while....Not all people of advanced years are

stubborn and set in their own opinion.I mean you never demonstrated ever being

stub....oh wait......
                Last edited by florida_yankee_fan; 03-26-2009, 07:46 PM.
                "There comes a time in every man's life and I've had plenty of them."--Charles Dillon "Casey" Stengel

Comment

• Originally posted by mets16 View Post
                  I hope you like it. It is a "Mod proof" way of insulting.
                  Yeah, very witty. Way to push the envelope there.

Comment

• Advanced years, Florida? I'm sure I don't know what you mean.

Is everyone who is critical of the Yankees organization stubborn?

Or should we all be like you? Happy to buy a 25-pound bag of dog crap from the Yankees Store. (As long as it had pinstripes and an interlocking "NY.")

Comment

Advanced years, Florida? I'm sure I don't know what you mean.

Is everyone who is critical of the Yankees organization stubborn?

Or should we all be like you? Happy to buy a 25-pound bag of dog crap from the Yankees Store. (As long as it had pinstripes and an interlocking "NY.")
                      Keep digging yourself a hole....

You have pretty much made your mind up about the New Yankee Stadium without going there,and anyone else who has a different opinion than you have about it without meeting them.

I'm not talking about the Yankees Organization.I'm talking about those of you who are a part of the "Greatest Generation" who perpetuate the stubborn stereotype,then deny it when labeled as such.
                      Last edited by florida_yankee_fan; 03-26-2009, 09:14 PM.
                      "There comes a time in every man's life and I've had plenty of them."--Charles Dillon "Casey" Stengel

Comment

• I don't deny it at all. I'm proud to be part of the "Greatest Generation." (Your choice of names-- I don't call it that myself.)

And what makes you think I haven't been to the new stadium?

Comment

• Hey, DM. You're 33 years old. The same age as Renovated Yankee Stadium.

Do you consider yourself to be so old and decrepit that you must be replaced?

Comment

• Oh cool,

You've taken the tour... What did you think?

Where you already predisposed to dislike everything about it?
                            Last edited by florida_yankee_fan; 03-26-2009, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• David, let me guess,

You'd prefer to drive a Cadillac over a Mercedes or BMW because it was the "status symbol" car when you were growing up

You prefer a tube television over a plasma or LCD because "the picture is still great after all these years"

You refuse to listen to any music written after the 1960's because "it's all just useless noise"

Should I go on, or have I proven my point.

Comment

Hey, DM. You're 33 years old. The same age as Renovated Yankee Stadium.

Do you consider yourself to be so old and decrepit that you must be replaced?
                                If I was really 85 years old and I had some cosmetic surgery done 33 years ago, I'd have to say, yes, it might be almost time to send me to my grave.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X