Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Where's Gary?!?!?!?!
    I have a few similar pics, but I can't seem to upload them to BBF. Do you want me to email them to you to post on the thread?
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by The House That Ruth Built View Post
      I have a few similar pics, but I can't seem to upload them to BBF. Do you want me to email them to you to post on the thread?
      Sure. Send me a PM and I'll give you my email.
      Today I Consider Myself the Luckiest Man on the Face of this Earth...

“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They says his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand...”
      Ernest Hemingway
      “The Old Man and the Sea”

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
        Where's Gary?!?!?!?!
        I'm right here.
        X
        What's THAT guy doing?
        - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• I work here in Raleigh with a Boston based company. Almost half of my co-workers are transplants. Every single one of them wants a new stadium for the Red Sox. As much as they love Fenway, they know it is just time to stick a fork in it.

They all say the same thing. We need a new stadium, but there is no place to put it in the down town area.

Comment

• Originally posted by SparkyL View Post
            The walls were poured-in-place.
            Thanks SparkyL! I guess that explains all the cracking that occured in the facade. Hard to control quality, drying time, etc. when such a big pour is done at the jobsite. I'm assuming they did it in sections, with the forms reaching from the top of the back side of the field level stands (which formed the base of the outer wall- there seems to have been a seam at the junction) to the top.

Does anyone know if the risers were precast or poured in place, like the facade?
            Last edited by CHiller; 04-07-2010, 12:44 PM.
            First Game- Twinight DH, Mets vs. Cards at Shea, August 22, 1965

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
              I'm right here.
              Oh, there you are. Any new pictures of the Yankee stadium demo, my friend?
              Today I Consider Myself the Luckiest Man on the Face of this Earth...

“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They says his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand...”
              Ernest Hemingway
              “The Old Man and the Sea”

sigpic

Comment

• Here's some shots I posted yesterday.... sorry if they've already been posted here.

http://slidingintohome.blogspot.com/...on-update.html
                Sliding Into Home: A Yankees Blog

Comment

• Risers were precast off site.

Comment

• Still no updates, I see.

The last time I was up there was last Friday (April 2), and if Joe's site is any indication, the pictures dated April 5 imply that nothing has changed at least up until then. Of course, two days have gone by since...

(Side question to Joe regarding the website: I'm unclear as to the dates of the photos... Joe, are they the dates the photos were taken, or the dates you put them up on your site? Very important distinction.)

If you guys are depending on me and Bobby for all of your updates... well, I can't speak for Bobby, but it's doubtful I'm going to be able to get up there this week, so someone else is going to have to step up to the plate...
                    X
                    What's THAT guy doing?
                    - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Found this on youtube. Looks like another section fell yesterday.

Also, found this stating that the water from the river was weakening the foundation of OYS and not that Steinbrenner wanted money. Obviously, the source of this info is skeptical so take with a grain of salt.

Last edited by quagmire; 04-07-2010, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by quagmire View Post
                        Found this on youtube. Looks like another section fell yesterday.

Also, found this stating that the water from the river was weakening the foundation of OYS and not that Steinbrenner wanted money. Obviously, the source of this info is skeptical so take with a grain of salt.

This is the best one yet. Does the 'water' from the Hudson River mean that we have to replace the George Washington Bridge?? How is the Empire State Building still standing with all that water around it?? How is this country surviving with most of its major cities built right smack on the water?

Comment

• Well that explains it. I was wondering why the stadium was falling down these last few weeks. It wasn't a demo crew - it was the cumulative effects of water!

Comment

• Originally posted by quagmire View Post

That voice sounds awfully familiar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aviator_Frank View Post
                              Well that explains it. I was wondering why the stadium was falling down these last few weeks. It wasn't a demo crew - it was the cumulative effects of water!
                              Yes - that's it! The water from every toilet flushed in the Bronx was diverted into the soil beneath O/RYS! LOL!! Can this get any sillier before someone notices?
                              RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• I agree - I don't think much, if anything, was done precast in 1923. When you looked at the inside of the exterior wall, the underside of the ramps or the underside of the lower deck from the field level concourse, you could still see the impressions of the many slats of wood that were used to make the forms (they didn't even use plywood!).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X